Poll: What's Your Favorite PlayStation 2 Game of All Time?

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
Silent Hill 2, period.

I haven't played anything that has conveyed the same feeling of wonder, mystery and at the same time dread, depression and fear. For me SH2 is a great work of art unmatched by most games. The only game in my opinion matches to SH2 is Spec Ops The Line.

Bill Nye the Zombie

Apr 27, 2012
My favorite PS2 game was Call of Duty Big Red One, back when CoD wasn't the same game re-released every year. But hey, the Sly Cooper Series was almost as good, so I went for that.

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
I have to choose?

Ugh, I hate choosing. Well, I'll just go with the one I played the most, which is probably Kingdom Hearts.

Honorable mentions:
Battlefront 1+2
Ico and SOTC
Ratchet and Clank 1-3
Sly Cooper 1-3

Rogue 9

I, Jedi
Jun 22, 2008
Well considering the games I would've voted for aren't on the list (Persona 4 and War of the Monsters), I went with one of my favourites, Beyond Good and Evil, even though I've only played it on GameCube, Xbox 360 and PC.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
The only PS2 games I still have that haven't been ported to be extremely accessible to the new audience are Kingdom Hearts 1&2, Dark Cloud, and Guitar Hero 2. My other favorite titles are now available on the PS3, or weren't just PS2 exclusives (yes I know, GH2 wasn't one, but screw it, I still have the controller, so it counts).

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I went for Silent Hill 2

I was crazy insane over that game when it was released. It's the reason I bought the Playstation 2.

The first game I bought that had a Behind the Scenes DVD shipped with it.

CatR

Oct 6, 2009
No 'Dropship: United Peace Force'? Well, good sir, I am afraid I shall have to boycott your little poll. I don't need your fancy "Good" games to play when I have shitty bug-ridden games where I can jet ski what I presume to be a MIG down a mountain.

Tropicaz

Aug 7, 2012
On that list, Final Fantasy X without hesitation for me. Sank so many hours into that game and utterly loved it (except for I had to play slightly too much Blitzball).

Overall, FFX and Need for Speed Underground 2 are pretty tied, along with New Vegas they're probably , my top 3 games ever.

Feylynn

Feb 16, 2010
I was originally tempted to say Persona 3, but then I remembered that I actually didn't like if not hated the PS2 version and only the PSP version is my favorite game.

So either Shadow of the Colossus or Persona 4.

I loved Kingdom Hearts 2 but it has all sorts of bad stuff that holds it back in cases like this.

Honorable mentions to:

-Soul Calibur 3 for being the only good Soul Calibur game. Before you crucify me what I mean by that is that it has Chronicles of the Sword! Which was intended to be single player I'm sure but that sounds like a stupid idea.

I played Soul Calibur 3 as a PARTY game where all my friends and siblings made a new character and we took turns trying to conquer a new place. That was fun.

-Need For Speed: underground 2 for being the single best racing game ever released in any capacity. Best performance/vanity customization and a very significant variety of races and local multiplayer.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Ah hell I can't pick between those!

It's a toss up between; San Andreas, Vice City, FFX, FFXII, Sands of Time, Burnout 3 and Burnout: Takedown.

Not on that list (off the top of my head) I would probably add a Crash Bandicoot game on there, and a Spyro the Dragon game too. Was Just Cause on the PS2? I'll add that. As well as some FIFA games too, maybe 2005? God there were so many good games but I can't remember most of them!

I guess maybe Vice City because I think I spent the most time (barring the grinding in FF) playing that.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
None of the above. With the exception of the Silent Hill, Katamari, Okami, DQ, and SotC options I can't say I even like any of the games on that list.

I would have a hard time choosing from the following though:

Shadowhearts 1-3
Fatal Frame 1-3
Forbidden Siren
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
Tenchu: Fatal Shadows
Rogue Galaxy
Mega Man Anniversary Collection

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Where is Timesplitters: Future Perfect? Or any of the Timesplitter games for that matter? What kind of blasphemy is this?

OT: Timesplitters: Future Perfect.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
No Persona 4 in the voting options means you get no vote from me, good sir.

But if I HAD to pick one from the available options, I'd probably go with Final Fantasy X or Kingdom Hearts.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Damn, not in the list... screw it!

I vote for Soul Nomad!

Sadly, not very many people know the greatness of Gig...

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I find the lack of Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction in this list... disturbing.
I'm not voting. I refuse to choose between so many good titles.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
For me, it's Sly 2: Band of Thieves. It improved Sly 1 in every way possible (ok, so Murray and Bentley weren't as cool to play as Sly was, but still), and it was just off the chain!