Poll: What's your perferred alignment?

AngryPuppy

Feb 18, 2010
Chaotic Neutral if we're referring to D&D. I just prefer to do as I please, when I please. I rarely do anything flat out evil (though I do sometimes) however, I do tend to do "good deeds" sometimes mainly to offset my "bad deeds".

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Neutral good. i.e. modern day superhero. Why? Because I'm a good guy and I think institutions generally know what they're doing but sometimes you just have to straighten "the man" out and do the right thing instead of the lawful thing.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Neutral Evil. Everything I do is for personal gain. I might even do good deeds, if I think it will end up better for me.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
More often than not I'm Chaotic Good. Even in Planescape: Torment when I am shooting for a Lawful Good character so I can use the uber-weapon, playing with the Modron Action Figurine is just too damn tempting.

blaize2010

Sep 17, 2010
straight grey neutral. i might not kill you, but i don't have to save you either. me first, and others third.

Darius Brogan

Apr 28, 2010
Chaotic Neutral, because being a sarcastic douche to everybody is WAAAY more fun than being a goody two-shoes or a baddy two-murders. Even if you're a sarcastic goody or baddy.

Besides, I'm a neutral sarcastic douche in real life.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I prefer neutral. I generally like to stay on the side of good, but the methods I use to achieve that good, can't really be seen themselves as good.

Kitten DeLux

Nov 20, 2009
Always play a good guy, cause its easier, plus then i have a better scope on the game to be evil and get all the benefits

WaReloaded

Jan 20, 2011
In terms of Dungeons & Dragons alignment, I'm almost always Neutral Good. I've never been one to play as an evil character, I find more enjoyment in playing as a hero as opposed to playing a villain.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
TheDarkEricDraven said:
cgentero said:
Lawful Neutral, I tend to live by my own code rather than those of society though.
What he said. I AM THA LAW!
I am just gonna quote these so I don't have to type out how I play.

All of my characters follow their own path and their oun personal code. However the ends vs means options of characters obviously pushes them closer to one side or the other.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
I'm totally Chaotic Good. As an anarcho-libertarian, I fundamentally disagree with Lawful anything, but I'm generally a good guy, so that's what I tend to go with. Laws can go fuck themselves, but people should hold themselves to a certain standard.

hiks89 said:
teh fuck is chaotic good/evil????

Lawfull good btw
The D&D alignment scale operates on two axises. First is Good vs Evil, second is Law vs Chaos.

Good and evil should be fairly self-explanatory, good means you're selfless, while evil means you're selfish.

Law vs Chaos is essentially the same thing, only applied to rules. Lawful means that you support the rule of law, government, kings, etc. Basically that you recognize authority and support it as a fundamental part of life. Chaotic, on the other hand, means you disdain rules and laws, you see no point in codifying laws and should be able to do as you want.

Taken to extremes, Lawful is totalitarian, Chaotic is anarchistic.