Poll: Which do you prefer? Naruto, Bleach, or One Piece?

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
The Great Googly said:
Zeromaeus said:
That's like asking whats better: Ketchup, Mayo, or Wasabi?
I say just mix 'em together and enjoy them all equally.
A better analogy would have been.

Thats like asking whats better: Store Brand Mayo, Ketchup, Or Wasabi.

Answer= They are all gross. Here Try the Cowboy Bebop Catsup or the Berserk Mustard instead.
You don't like Wasabi? To each their own I suppose...
Seriously, have you ever tried it?

milo2215

Jul 23, 2010
Lilani said:
Peteron said:
I do recall mentioning that you should refrain from mentioning other anime. Honestly, I respect your opinion, but I find it kind of pathetic that this has happened already..
That's like talking about current fiction literature but only allowing discussion on Harry Potter, Twilight, and Artemis Fowl.

Anyway, just because I'm more familiar with it but I'm very behind in the lore, I guess Naruto.
I didn't know Artemis Fowl was still popular. One Piece all the way!

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
I would say one piece even though i too have watched all 3 One piece is the only one of the 3 i actually like and care about because the characters all have an important meaning in the story especially Bartholemew kuma having himself turned into a cyborg and up to the point his memory removing his humanity and thus putting ivan at a point where he has to fight him.

Also Whitebeard frigging whitebeard one of the best pirates i could possibly admire for what he is against the navy who thinks they are right in justice of the world when they are simply an army with their own agendas.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
One Piece.
It doesn't take itself seriously, so I don't take it seriously either.
Which enables me to enjoy it much more.

KaZZaP

Aug 7, 2008
*prepares flame shield*

DragonBall and DragonBall Z are the best animes ever!

...GT can go die in a fire

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
Aby_Z said:
None-of-the-above. The 'Big 3' is simply horrible. One Piece is probably the best of the three, but I don't pay attention to it. I just know the plot of each series is litterally pulled out of the author's asses, especially so in Bleach.

Yu Yu Hakusho was a much better Shounen.
I find it truly ironic that you think Yu Yu Hakusho was better when Yoshihiro Taguchi is one of the laziest (though talented) mangaka around...

Now, Naruto and Bleach I agree that they pull some BS, but One Piece? Seeing how they just commented on Rayleigh who was shown ~400 episodes after you see him, I can't agree that Oda pulls things out of nowhere. It's a fantastical story, but it is grounded enough to make an effort to come up with great stories.

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Never really got into One Piece - never saw one episode fully, but from what I did see it was quite annoying, too cartoonish (even though there are some anime I enjoy that are just as loony.)
I saw up until the midpoint of the Bount arc in Bleach and just quit because some of the villains got very annoying - their looks and their attitudes or never dying even though the heroes had so many openings.
But I do enjoy Naruto, minus a few fillers, although I found others to be funny.
I enjoyed Naruto's characters and the scenarios that allowed them to show individual strengths and weaknesses, and it's much more creative in its "train to power up" episodes than Bleach or all threes' predecessor - DBZ. Plus Naruto had many relevant ideas and ways of displaying them including old Japanese culture in modern forms.
So even if someone (probably many) disagree with me on this, Naruto will always be over Bleach or One Piece to me

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
KaZZaP said:
*prepares flame shield*

DragonBall and DragonBall Z are the best animes ever!

...GT can go die in a fire
Actually i agree with you i was introduced to DBZ as the first anime ever apart from pokemon dbz still remains my alltime fave and as for GT yeah thats not canon to me either so it can burn ti cinders.

RandallJohn

Aug 21, 2010
That depends on whether it's subbed or dubbed for me. Subbed, probably One Piece. Dubbed, Naruto. The One Piece dub makes me want to die.

Kud

I'm stuck because demonic spider
Sep 29, 2009
Peteron said:
(By the way, please refrain from mentioned other anime as we are focusing on these 3. Feel free to post videos and pictures!)
NO!

Fullmetal Alchemist FTW~!

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Gindil said:
Aby_Z said:
None-of-the-above. The 'Big 3' is simply horrible. One Piece is probably the best of the three, but I don't pay attention to it. I just know the plot of each series is litterally pulled out of the author's asses, especially so in Bleach.

Yu Yu Hakusho was a much better Shounen.
I find it truly ironic that you think Yu Yu Hakusho was better when Yoshihiro Taguchi is one of the laziest (though talented) mangaka around...

Now, Naruto and Bleach I agree that they pull some BS, but One Piece? Seeing how they just commented on Rayleigh who was shown ~400 episodes after you see him, I can't agree that Oda pulls things out of nowhere. It's a fantastical story, but it is grounded enough to make an effort to come up with great stories.
What does being lazy have to do with anything? If you make good shit, you make good shit.

Me said:
One Piece is probably the best of the three, but I don't pay attention to it.
There's my response to whatever you just said right in the post you're responding to.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
I don't like any of them. I really can't choose as there's no option for me.

Markshark

Dec 20, 2010
personally i've watched all of all of them (subbed) and found One Piece to be the best of them all, closelly followed by Naruto and with Bleach somewhere far in the distance

Inodio

Mar 9, 2010
-Spoilers-
Well they've all managed to piss me off in one way or another. I suppose Naruto pissed me off the least when they killed Kakashi, and when it finally blew over, the deus ex machina saved the day and NOTHING. BAD. HAPPENED. Resurrected by fluffy happy feelings. read on!
Bleach was just a disappointment not calling it quits. I don't know who's happy to have a whole new arc of bullshit "New stronger enemies who have stood on the sidelines because they thought attacking one season earlier would've been too easy" and just milking the damn franchise. Seriously: bad guy: Aizen. Aizen defeated, end series, start new one, hope it's better. Now it'll go one more season that'll feel like one of those awful spin-off arcs, and end up like Dragon Ball GT. Actually, it's pretty much the Dragon Ball GT of Bleach. Well done, Jump.
I actually wasn't thinking about One Piece in my rant, and I haven't read it... any of it. I would, and it has been recommended many times, but over 300 chapters is not inviting.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Peteron said:
These three titans of anime have reigned for quite some time now. And often people argue over which is better. So my fellow Escapists, which of these do you prefer?

Before you judge my opinion, let me state that I have watched all of these animes, so I am aware of each one's ups and downs. However, in case you have not guessed already, my favorite of these is One Piece. This is because One Piece is a fun, adventurous anime. The characters are strange, creative, and enjoyable, and it is an anime/manga with tons of surprises. I find it to be much more lighthearted than Naruto or Bleach, which in my opinion is a very good thing. It is the longest running of the other 2, and Eiichiro Oda seems to put more love into his series than any other I have seen. It is full of emotional moments, awesome battles, and it is hard to stop watching! As for Bleach, this would have to be my second choice, with Naruto coming in after that.

(By the way, please refrain from mentioned other anime as we are focusing on these 3. Feel free to post videos and pictures!)
Haven't watched a whole lot of any of them, but I'd have to say Naruto. I think the whole training/growing up thing with mercenary warrior mages (which are defined as Ninja here) is pretty interesting. The protaganist manages to be a meathead while not being totally annoying, and it has a strong supporting cast from what I've seen of it (very early on).

All of these series are examples of things that have gone on well past the time they should have been wrapped up. To be honest I understand the appeal of huge, super-long running anime series, but I feel series that long tend to wind up having pretty bad artwork due to the amount of material being generated, and the storylines wind up being an extremely mixed bag.

I tend to prefer series that go on for a season or two and manage to wrap things up nicely. Sometimes they leave you wanting more, but that's a good thing since that means it was really enjoyable.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Haven't seen any of them, all I've seen is Ergo Proxy and Higurashi, I also watched about half of Texhnolyze but gave up on that :/ too much mindfuck. It was awesome though.