Poll: Which is more comfortable? The Xbox 360 Controller or the PS3 Controller

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Gamecube
I don't own the 2 listed above but between them I'd say Xbox 360 because it more closely resembles the gamecube controller.

Rawberry101

Jan 14, 2012
In my opinion, the XBOX controller is meant to fit the hands of an adult much better. The PS3 controller feels like a children's toy to me.

Also, if anyone has ever used control freaks, (not a fan but my friend uses them for XBOX) they feel rather awkward for the 360 but on a PS3 controller...they just don't work. The position your thumbs are in relation to your fingers is beyond awkward.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
MetallicaRulez0 said:
Clive Howlitzer said:
Although I don't do much console gaming anymore. I think the Xbox controller is an abomination. I don't know how anyone can use it. It makes a terrible use of space. It is far larger than it needs to be, considering how many buttons it has.
I guess if the primary user of an Xbox controller was a gorilla, it'd be okay.
My hands aren't really that big, and it fits perfectly in my hands. I mean, I guess if you're very young or have tiny girl hands, the 360 pad is probably a little on the large side, but to me it's perfect. My only dislike of the 360 pad is the giant battery pack on the back of the wireless rechargeable models. I used to wrap my fingers underneath the controller for leverage/support, but this giant brick of battery gets in the way now.

The PS3 controller is small and blocky, it's not very comfortable to hold for extended periods of time. Plus you have to stretch your thumbs unnaturally to get to the joysticks, which is bad design in this age of 3D joystick-controlled games.
I've never actually even held a PS3 controller. However I've used PS2 controllers and I think they are mostly the same, right?
Maybe it is because I don't play many console games that require joysticks. Of course, I am a PC gamer, so what do I know!

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
The PS3's R2/L2 triggers felt awkward as hell. They really should have just transplanted the PS2 controller onto the PS3... that thing was boss.

SquirePB

Apr 5, 2011
I like how light the PS3 controller feels in my hands but the Xbox 360 control just sits nicer for me so I have to say I prefer it. Though when I first got my Xbox it felt weird and unnatural after years of my PS2.

Platypus540

May 11, 2011
While I'll admit the PS3 has a superior D-Pad, the 360 controller is better in every other way-- analog sticks, shoulder buttons/triggers (actual triggers, nice for shooters), face buttons, and size-- PS3 controller is a bit too small for my hands.

shemoanscazrex3

Mar 24, 2010
I'm a PS3 guy as far as the console goes but nothing would make me happier to be able to use a 360 controller. The only thing I prefer Sony's controller for is the d-pad but thats something that's barely used these days

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Using a Xbox controller feels like I'm trying to play with a chunk of ham with bones sticking out as the buttons. Who made that choice to have buttons with a low area of contact with the fingers? I can't use the thing for mor than 30 minutes before my thumbs start hurting. PS3 all the way.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I have ALWAYS hated the PS controller. In terms of comfort, I liked many third party controllers over it. The XBox would probably be the perfect controller, if not for certain quality issues. But as far as comfort goes, it's the best I've ever held.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
Having grown up with the Playstation, I'll naturally say I prefer the PS3 controls. I've tried a friend's Xbox but found it really alien. I'm sure if I kept using it my opinion would change, but because of familiarity the PS3 controls win in spades for me.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
MetallicaRulez0 said:
My only dislike of the 360 pad is the giant battery pack on the back of the wireless rechargeable models. I used to wrap my fingers underneath the controller for leverage/support, but this giant brick of battery gets in the way now.
My fingers naturally curl around the grip portion of the controller. Though my big problem is the controller's battery pack used to rub against the knuckle of my right (and only right) middle finger. I seem to have adjusted my grip over the years, though, because it wasn't until I saw your post that I even thought of it.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Neither, because for your 8 buttons and 12 direction analog sticks [probably more degrees on that] I have thirty or so buttons.

Seriously, I have enough keys to bind many, many lines in TF2 to their own, individual buttons.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
The PS3 controller just doesn't fit my hands, I prefer the dimensions and the button layout on the Xbox 360. Having played mostly Nintendo games throughout the times I am also more comfortable with placing A, B, X and Y than square, circle, X and triangle without looking down.

I guess the PS3 controller could be as good if I just got used to it, but the Xbox 360 controller reminds me a little of the GameCube controller which I am used to and with years of playing Xbox 360 that instantly wins over the PS3 controller I have only used a few times.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
The PS3 one, I mean come on, the 360 controller is even symmetrical! Freaking barbaric is what that is.

That was a joke

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
My personal preference is the 360 controller.
PS3 hurts my thumbs/wrist after a time of use.

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
I don't own either console, but I have found the Xbox360 controller makes a good input device for most console emulators. Not so good for computer-native programs, though. Those I find work better with the keyboard and/or mouse.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
I've owned both, and would go for xbox controller.

BUT, I do have deformed hands, so that might be a bit of a skewed result.

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
360 by far, because I don't need to dislocate my left thumb in order to use the left analog stick. The buttons also feel a lot better. The D-pad is kinda shit, but there are very few games where I use it (Dark Souls being the only one that comes to mind) so it doesn't really bother me.

It's not quite as good as the GameCube-controller, but it's still far better than the PS3.