Poll: Which of the "Big Three" anime is your favorite?

PDizzle418

Mar 6, 2008
Code Geass and Full Metal Alchemist are where it's at

also, I've kinda started to watch stand alone complex, I'm pretty excited about but in anyone's opinion is it any good?

One piece is kind of entertaining but I find it to just be meh most of the time. Bleach is alright, I've only seen a couple episodes though.

Another good one I've been watching is Samurai Champloo lots of blood fighting and fun. But also a very serious anime dealing with both relevant modern issues tied to feudal Japan. Very interesting and lots of fun to watch.

I've never heard of Helsing can anyone give me a brief synopsis in their words. I like to hear other people break stuff down, not just critics and what not.

Chiefmon

Dec 26, 2008
Souplex said:
I am not particularly fond of any of them. I liked Bleach for the short few seasons it was good before it went down the crapper with those vampire Pokeymann trainers.
Also; does Bleach make sense in any way as the title of the show?
The title has caused some controversy. There are two predominant theories on the origin of the title.
#1- Bleach refers to the definitive differences between black and white. This shows the series' take on the differences between good and evil.

#2- The creators were so frustrated with coming up with a title that one of them picked up a newspaper and chose the first word that they saw. They happened to have picked up the ad section and saw a bleach container.

Z(ombie)fan

Mar 12, 2010
one piece is japanese?

holy shit something that awesome IS JAPANESE!?!!??!?!?!?!?!??!

world ending in 3..2..1..

Bewm

Limitless

Jul 30, 2009
Bleach has some decent filler eps, combat was cool at the start when people were still learning.. now its just wave swords around cause not much is new anymore...
Naruto has the crappiest boring filler ever... cool combat that doesnt really get boring.. but kinda sucks aswell because naruto has some cool abilities that he never uses anymore...
One Piece has cool filler, great combat, ever changing enemies with ever changing powers and how to manipulate said powers.. and makes me laugh.. alot.. and really sometimes made my tear up at the tragedy..
Hellsing Ultimate is great... defidently like it more than the normal one.. but i need MOAR.
some series i loved but anime stopped as manga keeps going: Skip Beat, Kekkaishi, D.gray man, hunter x hunter, and holy crap the amount of hajime no ippo manga to anime...
Code Geass was very evil.... cliff hanger at the end of every episode and the agonizing wait between season 1 and 2...

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Naruto Shippuden is alright, I quit watching it though. I like Bleach too but don't watch it as much.

FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood I really like as well as the FMA anime before it as well.

Hellsing, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Ergo Proxy, and Elfen Lied are awesome as well.

Koganesaga

Feb 11, 2010
Honestly, kinda hate them all seeing how they all suffer from advanced cases of shounen syndrome, that being the drum up dramatic moments where you're suppose to think, "holy shit he might die!" and then you realize "oh wait he's an important character, so he's freakin' immortal".

Meilow

Dec 5, 2009
I was not aware that there was a "big three" in anime. I'm having to side with the other posters on this, anything that lasts longer than 20 or so episodes tends to lose my attention. While waking up every morning at 6a.m. to watch a new episode of "Pokemon" was fun in its day, it, along with any anime shown on T.V, has lost its appeal to me.

psychowatcher

May 5, 2009
Out of the three choice given, I'd have to say One Piece. Always liked pirates. Naruto was sort of ruined for me (psycho fans rushed me once...) and while Bleach sounds interesting, I've never seen it (too lazy).

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
Chiefmon said:
There are the "Big Three" running anime these days.

Naruto Shippuden
BLEACH
One Piece

Which one's your favorite?
You chose THOSE as the big 3? Maybe in popularity they're the big 3 but that's because they're "new" anime and their fanbase is 70% fangirls. Let me show you 3 good anime:

Samurai Champloo
Deathnote
Ranma 1/2

Phoenixlight

Aug 24, 2008
Naruto is my favourite anime of all time however, you really should have just added an "other" or "dislike all 3" option for the people complaining.

Koganesaga

Feb 11, 2010
Douk said:
Chiefmon said:

Naruto Shippuden
BLEACH
One Piece

You chose THOSE as the big 3? Maybe in popularity they're the big 3 but that's because they're "new" anime and their fanbase is 70% fangirls. Let me show you 3 good anime:

Samurai Champloo
Deathnote
Ranma 1/2
I argue deathnote, the ending was shit and they left too much out there, like that shinigami king who had one or two lines, isn't he suppose to be important? Though yes otherwise it was a fine anime.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Of those, I'd say Bleach is the best one, although I haven't watched it in quite a while...
But they are hardly the Big Three. DBZ and NGE are both far more famous, just to give an example.

Anyway, I really enjoy FMA: Brotherhood right now, Deathnote before that, and Paranoia Agent quite a while ago
Edit: completely forgot about Samurai Champloo. Thanks, post above mine :)

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
Koganesaga said:
Douk said:
Chiefmon said:

Naruto Shippuden
BLEACH
One Piece

Samurai Champloo
Deathnote
Ranma 1/2
I argue deathnote, the ending was shit and they left too much out there, like that shinigami king who had one or two lines, isn't he suppose to be important?
I agree, if they made an "alternate ending" then the series would be perfect.

Also, I'm curious as to what people think is the worst anime ever. My vote goes to Lucky Star but I want to hear what you guys think.

Sajuuk-khar

Oct 31, 2009
Big Three? Naruto, Bleach and One Piece? You're giving them way too much credit.
Here's three good series to watch: Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Monster and Baccano!

Either way of those three probably Bleach.

Douk said:
I agree, if they made an "alternate ending" then the series would be perfect.

Also, I'm curious as to what people think is the worst anime ever. My vote goes to Lucky Star but I want to hear what you guys think.
If they had just cut off at the ending of the first half (not exactly halfway, but you know what I mean) it would have been fine.

Worst anime ever is Mars of Destruction, it's the lowest rated on lots of anime sites. I would recommend you to watch it though, I've never seen something so incredibly bad that it's funny in my life. The whole 20 mins were a big laugh. School Days and Chaos Head were bad too, but less bad and thus much less fun.