Poll: Which of the "Big Three" anime is your favorite?

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
*cough*
I watch none of those... so... none of those are my favourite.
Just because they keep churning out episodes doesn't mean the have to be interesting... quite a few short animes are brilliant...

I'd of thought that... nah. I give up. None of those.
Excuse me, I have short animes to watch, like 'Nyan Koi!'

lord canti

May 30, 2009
Shame on you people naruto and bleach I understand but nobody gives one piece the credit it deserves, it is infinitly better than a majority of anime out there now.

P.S. DragonBall Z might be a classic but it sucks plain and simple. There some one had to say it.

creatiwe

Aug 11, 2009
If any i would have to say One Piece, but the last episode i watched was the "have you ever been punched at the speed of light" one.

lord canti

May 30, 2009
Actually I lied FLCL should be on this list, but most of these posters seem to being griping about popularity and not the quality of the series.

Dramatic Flare

Frightening Frolicker
Jun 18, 2008
I choose none, as many others do.

My favorites is Gantz, though many others are also incredibly good.

paddyfro

Oct 2, 2009
i have stopped watching bleach and naruto both for filler reasons, tho bleach's filler was far superior to naruto's.
never watched one piece so cant comment on that. tho u really are missing some fantastic anime series'
just going to list a few mostly so you can check em out and broaden your horizion some what.
- beserk
- hellsing
- gundam wing
- outlaw star
- cowboy bebop
- neon genesis evangelion
- mazinkaiser
- bastard!
- bousou renkin
- tenchi muyo, tenchi universe
- dragonball, dragon ball z
- devil may cry
- escaflowne
- Martian Successor Nadesico
-

Vaccine

Feb 13, 2010
Dragon Ball Z Kai > Dragonball Z, if you dunno what Kai is, it's all of DBZ compressed into 100 eps.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
I prefer 1 or 2 season shows, anything more than that, and my brain explodes.

thegreatsage

Nov 25, 2009
Bleach used to be my favourite but the whole thing lost momentum after the whole first filler arc.Actually,I have to confess that I've only ever seen seven or eight episodes of One Piece(awesome) but for a series 400 episodes long...

Wierdly enough, my favourite anime is aimed at girls with above-average intellect(I'm straight) and it's called Colour Cloud Palace(at least the English translation is called that).

Naruto is too filler congested to be good(fights are excellent).Also, to like DBZ, you'd have to be either below ten years or above twenty-something when you're too old to watch any new anime.

Veldt Falsetto

Dec 26, 2009
I'm surprised, Deathnote is bigger than One Piece....so yeah Bleach because Naruto makes my ears explode and I've not seen One Piece

CincoDeMayo

Dec 17, 2008
It used to be Naruto Shippuuden until it started sucking ass. Now I can't stand longrunners anymore, 50~ EP's max, more than that and I will most probably refuse to watch it.

Soul Eater was 51 episodes, but I forgive it <3

MNRA

Jun 8, 2009
Jark212 said:
Layz92 said:
I reject your options as I refuse to watch anything that has over 50 episodes. So my choice is Helsing and if you disagree you are wrong
Basically this...

I lose attention if the series runs over 24 episodes, with very few exceptions...

I'll also vote for Helsing...
Right.

1: I agree with these two, an anime should say what it want sto say in 26eps or it's just dragging its feet.

2: Hellsing is a horrid waste of time. An anime about a vampire who dresses in red who is so awesome his ego swallows the whole show and takes away the action and suspense since his char design makes him cooler than any of the other cardboard cutouts as well as never being in any danger thanks to some sort childish superman-fantasy of the creator. (Although I secretly like Alexander Andersson as a concept). I will admit to not seeing past the first 13eps, but seriously, if you didn't stop watching after that you need to read up on dramaturgy, because the anime lacked any semblance of it. It basically turned into "the Alucard show" where the cast get themselves in a pickle and the awesome-über-vamp has to solve it by summoning the forces of hell.

All that anime had was pretty pictures. And the most overpowered protagonist since Polgara (For you fantasy nuts).

EDIT: Yeah my post need some punctuation. So sue me.
---

I'm also chocked that so few mention the earlier animes that spawned a lot of the ones talke about in the posts. I'm happy that someone picked up on Rahxephon, and Escaflowne, but I've yet to see anyone mention EVA or Karekano, both of which are excelent animes from ye' olde VHS days.

Vaccine said:
Naruto: Everything you hate about anime is in here, loud mouth lead who is oblivious to reality, whiny female sidekick with no resolve or drive, brooding antagonist who's only purpose to be there and be an unreasonable fuck.
I love you <3

Koganesaga

Feb 11, 2010
Douk said:
Koganesaga said:
Douk said:
Chiefmon said:
There are the "Big Three" running anime these days.

Naruto Shippuden
BLEACH
One Piece

Which one's your favorite?
You chose THOSE as the big 3? Maybe in popularity they're the big 3 but that's because they're "new" anime and their fanbase is 70% fangirls. Let me show you 3 good anime:

Samurai Champloo
Deathnote
Ranma 1/2
I argue deathnote, the ending was shit and they left too much out there, like that shinigami king who had one or two lines, isn't he suppose to be important?
I agree, if they made an "alternate ending" then the series would be perfect.

Also, I'm curious as to what people think is the worst anime ever. My vote goes to Lucky Star but I want to hear what you guys think.
I've seen other people watch it, it has it's moments, but on the principle that for the first 5 minutes of the show they dully talk about eating some stupid dessert thing, I give it a big fat "F".

klakkat

May 24, 2008
Of those three, Bleach.

However, I don't think Bleach is even in my top 10 favorite anime of all time, and it certainly isn't in my top 20 favorite shows of all time.