Poll: Which would you rather: Ride a dragon, or transform into a dragon

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I'd much rather ride a dragon than become one. It would make all those long trips that much better to share them with a friend as opposed to flying around by myself.

GildaTheGriffin

Jul 4, 2012
Who wants to not be a dragon?! It be better than to ride one because you get to have all the female dragon or males, if you wish for that sort of thing, to mate with you or something. I'm so weird. :3 LoL

Calatar

May 13, 2009
Drake the Dragonheart said:
Can anyone think of any other games, books, movies stories etc. where the hero either rides a dragon or has the ability to become one?
Neverwinter Nights had Shapechange as a 9th level spell that transformed you into a Red Dragon. Basically DnD though. Also had good dragons, but they didn't help so much as gave you quests to kill evil dragons. And they grew quite upset if you tried to take their things. And they were immune to Sneak Attack for no good reason, making it downright impossible to kill them as a rogue.

Obviously Dragonlance has dragons, including dragonriding. Also DnD-based though. Had a female silver dragon character shapechanged into an elf.

Dragon Age has Flemeth, who is prone to fits of dragon, and tends to be on the side of the protagonist.

There were a bunch of old fantasy stories I read as a child that had dragons as protagonists, but I don't remember most of their names, but was far from uncommon.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
I'd rather transform into a dragon...that can ride other dragons

[HEADING=2]A dragon Dragon Rider![/HEADING]

[HEADING=1]Where is your god now?![/HEADING]
Mother of God.... I'm terrified. A dragon Dragon rider that rides a dragon with a jetpack whilst wearing a jetpack. Because Jet Pack's make everything better.

On topic. Right. I genuinely don't have much of an idea. It's trying to decipher which is more epic. Being able to be the one guy who rides a dragon, or being able to do all the awesome dragon shit yourself? Also, would I appreciate the amazingness that would come with having a dragon companion? I just don't know! At the end of the day I think i'mma have to go with transform, because that way I don't have to worry about falling to my death in midflight.

Slowpool

Jan 19, 2011
If I were a human who could turn into a dragon, hell yes. If I were a dragon who could turn into a human, hell yes. If I were a human who could ride a dragon, eh, sure, why not.

Nothing quite as awesome as running around looking like a normal person and meeting a couple of guys who're up to no good, startin' to make trouble in your neighborhood, and then suddenly BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH RUN LITTLE PERSON, YOUR FEAR MAKES YOUR FLESH SUCCULENT.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I'd like to be able to transform into a dragon at will. No more public transport :D

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Mortai Gravesend said:
I'd transform into one of course. If I ride one then I have to feed it and hide it and take care of it and stuff, plus the dragon has all the cool abilities. If I am one then I just get all the cool abilities without any of the responsibilities >=D

Dangit2019 said:
I was about to say transform at first, but then I realized that that's going to really be a detriment on my already spotty sex life. Riding one sounds pretty legit.
Dragons are known to have princesses around and stuff... ;D
but would the pieces fit? (I just got that from a song somewhere)

angryscotsman93

Dec 27, 2008
Transformation all the way, man. I can fly anywhere, I can hunt for my own food (hunt in dragon mode, eat in human mode for MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY), and best of all, I don't have to worry about where in the world I'm going to stable a GODDAMN DRAGON. Seriously,where in the world could you possibly PUT this fucking thing, man? It's a giant firebreathing iguana with wings! You can't just hide that stuff in your backyard.

klown

Jun 6, 2012
Assuming I can transform back and forth at will, I'd totally take that option. "Oh, the exscapist expo is in Durham? I'll just fly there" or "Oh that jerk cut me off in traffic, I'll follow him to his house and drop a dragon dump on his roof, that'll show him"

Oh the joy to be had.

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:

Alright, steamy Dragon Sex.

I am pretty someone already modded that idea though, those guys work fast.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
I'll ride one thanks. I don't drive around in my car wishing I was the car. That's just stupid. Apart from flying and burning shit, what can a dragon do? I'd much rather be a human that has a dragon's abilities on command.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:

The only possible answer has been given.
What more can I say?

Eddy-16

Jan 3, 2011
Transform, then you don't have to feed and clean up after your massive dragon.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Transform. I get longer or or eternal life. Plus I'm baddass. It would be sweet if I could change back and forth too.

Aug 25, 2009
If you ride a dragon you have about an 85% chance of being the hero. If you transform into a dragon then you have about a 90% chance of being the villain. Or at the very least a chaotic neutral type like Merlin.

I'd rather ride thanks, I like the thought of being a good guy knight on a dragon.

Tropicaz

Aug 7, 2012
Drake the Dragonheart said:
In order to keep variables from affecting choices, should stick to the same game, world, or universe.
So assuming that it with either choice it would be the same dragon.
D&D is the only game or world I can think of where the possibility of both riding a dragon or transforming into one exists.

Divinity 2: Ego Draconis let you become a dragon, which is something I have never seen in any other game. to think of it, have any games had dragons in any way involved on the protaganist's side? The Eragon books were about a dragonrider. Can anyone think of any other games, books, movies stories etc. where the hero either rides a dragon or has the ability to become one?
The game Lair which game out a few years ago on ps3 was like that. It was a huge dissapointment, though.

BaronUberstein

Jul 14, 2011
Hmm, transform, as then I'm a magical creature and magic gets to break the rules.

Then I'd just spend all my time shape shifted as a person doing what I normally do, especially since I feel it would be hard to play video games as a full-sized dragon. Honestly it would just be a nice thing to have. Get into a fight? Suddenly you're a dragon. Woo.

VeneratedWulfen93

Oct 3, 2011
Transform easily like a Golden Dragon from the Witcher like Borch Three Jackdaws and Saesenthethesis. Dragons in the Witcher are near invulnerable to mortal weapons as well.