Poll: Who do YOU think has the most elite military unit in the world?

Brown_Coat117

Oct 22, 2010
It would all depend on the type of warefare. In an urban setting SAS, when it comes to amphibious warfare SEALS, and so on.

Caleb_LK

Aug 9, 2011
I would say it's probably a tie between the SAS and the US SEALS as I think both of the units are combined of soldiers at the peak of their training and physical fitness. However, any battle between the two could go either way depending on a multitude of factors.

Karma168

Nov 7, 2010
octafish said:
Add in that rumour about their kukri; some rumours say that if a kukri is drawn in battle there will be blood spilled before it is re-sheathed.

Might not be true anymore but that legend has meant that even the Taliban would rather surrender than fight. Might not be special forces but they're still scary bastards.

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
Tanksie said:
you forgot the idfs special forces, but in their absence ze Germans
But GSG9 is a border police with minimal affiliations to the military.

OT: SAS/SBS I don't know much about the Special Boat Service though so I'll say SAS here.

Honourable mentions go to:
Her Majesties Corps of Royal Marines for having the longest basic training in NATO.
Force 100 (or whatever...) The Israeli paratroopers.
US Navy SEALs, for nicking our training regime off of us. Same with Delta Force...

Feb 13, 2008
Which are in Counterstrike and Killing Floor?

Which were sent to the Gulf on their own?

SAS/SBS. Who Dares Wins.

They train all the other countries.

To the others saying the Israelis? The Sayeret Matkal have the same motto and are based on the SAS. The Israelis just don't have the "bring them back alive" restriction the SAS does.

Conza said:
Hmm, yes, the SAS would've been my second choice, I was torn, but in the end I voted for Delta Force, mostly because I know more about them and their training, and I would struggle to believe that the SAS would be put through training as difficult as the Delta Force men are.
Trained and based off the SAS.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
BaronUberstein said:
Norwegian special forces, from what I've heard, are insane.

The SAS told them during training that parachuting onto an oil rig was insane. The Norwegians went and did it anyway.
When one of the worlds finest special forces teams says what your doing is insane, your pretty hardcore.

But I'm gona have to go and throw my vote in with Spetsnaz. Their ruthlessness and brutality push my vote to them.

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
The British practically have spy patented...cough James Bond cough....MI6,MI5,SAS...haven't heard of the royal marines but they're probably bad arse too.
AVERT YOUR EYES FROM MY USERNAME

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Y U NO PUT JTF2?!

In all seriousness I have no idea how good Canada's elite are and how they stack up against the rest of the world but you have to admit this is pretty bad ass.

Joseph Alexander

Jul 22, 2011
hmm i keep forgetting the name of the marine's special forces.
the army has the rangers.
the navy has the SEALs.
the air force... has the astronauts.... oh wait.
but i can't remember the elite corps within the marines.

Robertus2210

Apr 8, 2010
i'm guessing sas because i read a bit more about their training and such, but i'm hardly an expert. might be the seals on virtue of carrying to more expensive fancier gear.

merc hunter

Jul 3, 2008
New Zealand SAS being my kneejerk reaction but id say the British SAS because they were the original modern SF unit and they still have what it takes to be an elite unit

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
None of us seem to know the specifics about the training or equipment used by the teams, so we can't make any academic guesses. Though SAS has the best reputation, it stands to reason that practically all developed or developing nations have an equally well trained unit of as kickers.