Poll: Who is Gaming biggest douche?

ilikepie59

Dec 4, 2008
I picked EA, but it was a tough choice between them and Ubisoft. Honestly, I was surprised how few votes they got.

Drakulea

Feb 23, 2011
You know we've hit rock bottom when we consider Activision a notch above the others because they aren't privacy-raping thugs and are simply content to repackaging the same flag-ship franchise over and over.

This being said, I voted for EA and their Origin number.

Tesral

Jul 19, 2011
After the whole Origin malarkey, EA. They also have a history of running game devs under their control into the ground (see Pandemic).

Deathfyre

Mar 6, 2010
Gorilla Gunk said:
EA by a longshot.

Shame Activision is going to win this pole. Some of the hate they get is just undeserved.
But the poll says activation, so that probably throws it off. EA's winning now

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Its to close a tie between EA and Activision to make a call.
Im gunna go with, "theyre both douches, whom we all should hate, because the bad they do will NEVER out weight the good."

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Aw, I thought we were talking about fictional douches in gaming. I don't care about whatever bullshit these giant companies get up to, as I've never been directly effected by said bullshit.

Oh wait, yes I have. VALVE is the biggest douche in gaming. For EXACTLY why you think they are.

Oh, I'm going to regret that. Oh well. POST!
It needed to be said , or typed, hell with with it ninja theory takes gold, valve takes 2nd and Bungie takes bronze BURRRRRN

ruben6f

Mar 8, 2011
EA because of all this Origin crap, that Dante's Inferno publicity stunt, and the fact that they cut stuff from Sims so later they can launch more expansion packs so the average idiot who plays Sims ( little 10 year old girls) buy the expansions.

MrTwo

Aug 9, 2011
Collins254 said:
Osidian, for making new vegas

it was linear, laggy and boring, unlike fallout 3 and im glad i only borrowed it not wasted my money
What?!
I didn't really like New Vegas either, but if there is one thing it isn't then that is linear. You could do almost whatever you wanted, go to whatever faction you wanted. Laggy and boring, maybe, but linear? How much freedom do you want? Jeez...

Dec 14, 2009
EA. Everytime.

Activision are just guilty of running franchises into the ground. That's pretty douchey, but not nearly as douchey as what EA seem to be doing to the industry.

5t3v0

Jan 15, 2011
Should I be worried that EA's policy with origin doesn't worry me?

Wow... well at least I can admit I am a BF fanboy... If it means that I just sold my soul to [REDACTED]... The best videogaming company in the world! That all should have joy for their many endeavours!

5t3v0

Jan 15, 2011
Collins254 said:
Osidian, for making new vegas

it was linear, laggy and boring, unlike fallout 3 and im glad i only borrowed it not wasted my money
what game were you playing? Fallout 3 was more linear. No offence, but you sound like one of those guys who played through 5 minutes, and because it wasn't a continuation of Fo3 you immediately wrote it off as a "cash in".

Don't get me wrong, I love fallout 3, but I do love New Vegas more and I don't think it deserves all the hate it gets. The Inconsistent stability though is a fair call, but that can be attributed to Bethesda rushing it out the door to compete with fable 3, and some reported that New Vegas wasn't that bad (myself included, but sometimes...)

Also, unlike other game companies obsidian actually try. They may not seem like they are, but at least they tried some new (and old but lost over time) things.

Sorry for the all over the place rant/Imnotsurewhatthisis. Should start promising to myself that I won't break into New Vegas defence every 5 minutes...

Feb 13, 2008
Eveonline100 said:
title says it all i feel activation are still the biggest the douches with the Infinity ward mess and all that and pretty much all of their earlier statements
That word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

To the poll, I think they're all douches in their own special way. No one douche outdouches the other douches.

Although, I'd still vote for Fox News.