Poll: Who is the Best Doctor?

Elonas

Apr 16, 2009
Tennant. And as every other person has said. We haven't seen enough of Matt Smith to judge him properly. I'm original, I can't help it.

GL2814E

Feb 16, 2010
I loved all three and I don't have a favorite. That seems like a non-committal answer, but I really enjoy all three actors' Doctors. I think I like Matt Smith the least but only because he has been on four episodes and I haven't seen everything he's got yet.

EDIT- I went ahead and voted for David Tennant because he's the only one my fiance really liked. She kind of feels Matt Smith is a little too young.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Mackheath said:
Susan Arendt said:
Oh, god, just of the new ones? No contest. Now if you mean out of ALL of them...hmm. You know, I think my answer might be the same, come to think of it.

Gotta say, though, Matt Smith is rapidly endearing himself to me.
Because of the custard and mad scientist mindset?
That, and he's really rather cute. I mean, he's no Tennant, but he's rather adorable, just the same.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Christopher Eccleston is my favourite out of the new Doctors. I don't like David Tennant as much, mainly because he had to suffer from the stagnation of Russel T. Davies writing for so long and partly because people keep saying he's the best Doctor ever while ignoring the old ones. Matt Smith is rapidly growing on me, however.

The_root_of_all_evil said:
mesoforte said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
interspark said:
Who's the Best Doctor?
Yes. Yes he is.
Who is?
Glad you agree.
You sir, get a gold star. Even if the joke is really old.

Captain Pancake said:

I'm surprised somebody didn't pull this one already.
His slowly bobbing head has me hypnotised.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Catkid906 said:
We haven't seen enough of Matt Smith to draw a conclusion.

Calumon: I like David... He's funny! ^^
Incidentally who is Calumon?

Also, I dislike Matt Smith. He looks weird and he always tries too hard to do crazy eyes ><

atomicmrpelly

Apr 23, 2009
I vote for Tennant, but only because it hasn't been long enough for Matt Smith to really get his teeth into the role. So far, though, I'm seriously impressed with him! As for assistant, Billy Piper was definitely the most memorable, but Karen Gillan is also really good. Martha was aweful. Couldn't act to save her life!

Uncompetative

Jul 2, 2008
Agema said:
My choice is Tom Baker.

Other major missing options are William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, John Pertwee, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, and Sylvester McCoy.

I don't care if I'm not supposed to *****, some of us are old enough to have watched it in those days.
Uh hum... also:

Peter Cushing and Paul McGann

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
Trivun said:
Susan Arendt said:
Oh, god, just of the new ones? No contest. Now if you mean out of ALL of them...hmm. You know, I think my answer might be the same, come to think of it.

Gotta say, though, Matt Smith is rapidly endearing himself to me.
I agree completely here. Though David Tennant was my favourite before, out of them all, Matt Smith has grown on me a lot recently. And although this is better off in the 'best companion' poll too, I have to say I much prefer Amy Pond as a companion than any of the earlier ones. She's much more 'hands-on' action girl and willing to get involved in adventures than others were...
I agree with both of you regarding the best Doctor, I never thought David Tennant could be replaced but Matt Smith is very... something, although it has only been a few episodes.

As much as I like Amy Pond there's just something missing, she's almost too good. In every episode she's had some wonderful idea which is fine but at the minute she's really starting to look a little Mary Sue-ish, I can't seem to find a fault in her like I could in the others which didn't make them less competant but it did make them more human, even the Doctor has his faults.

Incidentally my vote for best companion would have to be Donna Noble.

Randomologist

Aug 6, 2008
GIJames said:
Doctor Tran.

He's a REAL doctor FROM AMERICA.
...And this makes him better?

OT: Out of the three, Eccleston. He just seemed to fit rather well in my eyes, though Tennant was good.
However, they are both eclipsed by Tom Baker and Jon Pertwee. I still have a lot of their episodes on videotape. Used to be an omnibus on weekends at 6am, I got up religiously.

mklnjbh

Mar 22, 2009
While I enjoy Matt Smith, I haven't had enough time to make an opinion. We Americans are about 2 or 3 weeks behind.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
CloudKiller said:
Tennant, although Smith is quite good and given time will probably be just as good esp. with Moffat writing the script
I agree - Tennant was best, but Matt Smith is good too - especially loved the last episode with the Weeping Angels, heh. Though I though the WW2 episode was abit too cornball with...
Spitfires in space.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Red_Serpent said:
EMH from Voyager with the 'ECH upgrade' !

I never really got into Doctor Who to be honest.
Well, the EMH was an awesome character when they developed him. Hope to see more from the actor.