Poll: Will you upgrade immediatly?

Rhys95

May 16, 2011
I'll wait a year to let them work out the flaws in the system (which we all know there will be). If there's no backwards compatibility/way to transfer game data I'll wait until more good games come out/my friends upgrade.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
No, i upgraded my PC's video card instead to keep up with consoles new hardware. Maybe if i get my hands on some spare cash, but i'm not that interested right now, maybe if they release some actual info on the hardware/features instead of '6 times better!' and these discouraging rumors about 'always online' requirements.

DuelLadyS

Aug 25, 2010
I don't start seriously considering adding a console to my collection without a minimum of 3 must-have titles (or six I'm very interested in.) At that point, I figure out the 'real cost'- becuase it's never just the system, it's the system and a game and maybe an extra controller/memory unit/standard accessory almost everything uses (I'm looking at you, nunchuk!). From there I figure out how affordable the system is for me, and if I should start saving or hunting for sales or just waiting on a price drop.

If the rumors about the new Xbox being anti-used end up true, I won't buy one at all. I LIKE my old systems. I still have an 8 bit Nintendo hooked up to my TV. They're aren't excactly piles of new games around for NES. Why invest in a system that's basically got a 'set shelf life'- oh, new games are out, you can't add to your collection anymore. It sounds awful, I hope it doesn't pan out.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
First I wait for my bank account to actually have a stable amount of money in it, then I check for games and reliability. Then I make my decision. So probably not for at least a year after release.

Shreddie

May 11, 2011
As it's my primary console I probably won't wait too long to upgrade my Xbox. Depends on the price and what games it has at launch I guess. I probably wouldn't upgrade my PS3 right away though, and I sure as hell won't be getting a Wii U when it launches.

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
Well I'd like too. I'm a sucker for new technology. But I really can't afford to, so I'll probably end up waiting until the price drops or I've saved up enough money to get one.

azurine

Jan 20, 2011
Well, after the 3DS was a huge waste of money, I'm considering giving up on gaming altogether.
It does sound quite tempting.

bobajob

Jun 24, 2011
Absolutely not.
I reckon my money will be better spent upgrading my awe-inspiring gaming PC, as some posters have correctly pointed out, this generation of consoles was so horribly launched; I was unfortunate enough to buy the first-gen PS3 with PS2 emulation chip, which spontaneously combusted(slight exagerration)after 2 years, plus the game library was sparse at launch and most of those were PS2 games with a couple of bells and whistles on.
Got the feeling I bought an overpriced blu-ray player, really.
There are exclusives, but hey, we'll be able to emulate them a few years down the line.
Long-live PC gaming!

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Probably not. While I will want them, I have never gotten a console on launch day. The only system I had within half a year of it being out was the 3DS and that was a gift. But if rumors turn out to be true, I am possibly never getting the next Xbox.

liquidsolid

Feb 18, 2011
Nah I'll wait until a game I really want comes out for the PS4 like Grand Theft Auto 6 until I upgrade. Usually that takes about a year or year and a half for there to be good games beyond the launch titles.

Penguin_Factory

Sep 13, 2010
I probably won't get any of them on launch day, but definitely some time during the year they come out. I'm already planning on saving up for a Wii U for Christmas.

I've got enough to disposable income to be able to afford to buy this stuff though, I can see why other people would wait.

LittleJoeRambler

Nov 3, 2011
Unless my economic position gets a lot better between now and then, I'm just going to sink my disposable income into keeping my PC up-to-date. I still can't play Battlefield 3 with my current set-up, so getting a better rig takes priority.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
I'm probably not going to upgrade on day one, but I intend to make the switch within the first year.

The console needs to fill a few criteria though:

1. It need to act as a decent media center, at least on par with the PS3.
There is no use in trading my PS3 for something that does not fill it's most used ability.

2. Blu-Ray capability, though I doubt that is going to be much of a problem.

3. Backwards compatibility. Not a must, but it would certainly persuade me to upgrade sooner.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Not until I can comfortably afford it, which currently I can't. Besides, a new console would mean cheaper games from the current generation, which means I could catch up on all the games I missed.

bbad89

Jan 1, 2011
Assuming what I've heard is true, the 720 runs on the same GPU as my computer, so I feel no pressure :)

Snoozer

Jun 8, 2011
Waiting is always the best option (I think). It usually means lower prices and an acceptable amount of games. At release there is only a slim amount of games and enough games on your old console/system to keep you busy for a while.
I still wouldn't wait for too long, when they make a slim/light version etc is a good time.

Still I was stupid enough to buy the 3Ds at release - a perfect example of when it would have been smarter to wait for the light version.