Poll: Will you work for Sith or Jedi?

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
obisean said:
Scarecrow38 said:
Dorian Cornelius Jasper said:
Whoever is the underdog. I guess Jedi, judging by the situation in-game, but if everybody picks Jedi I'd have to go Sith.

There's just a kind of romanticism playing on the weaker side.
Yeah I pretty much reckon this. Though my passion has always been for the noble and righteous Jedi and all that, but part of that favour also comes from my view that most people will want to play Sith (World of Warcraft seems to be a good argument for that).

Are you talking about the Alliance in WoW? The horde for the most part just wanted to be left alone. It was the racist humans who couldn't stand it.
I think he's talking more about the players in WoW.

But, really, the Orcs banded together with demons and undead in Warcraft II, so...

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
I would choose the Jedi. The way of the Sith is to kill those higher than you and steal their positions. I would like to die in battle rather than be assassinated by my apprentice.

space_oddity

Oct 24, 2008
Whoever is the underdog. I guess Jedi, judging by the situation in-game, but if everybody picks Jedi I'd have to go Sith.

I so dig that.
When this game comes out, we are playing together.

space_oddity

Oct 24, 2008
Darth Revan 192 said:
If the choice were available I wouldnt be either. I always thought the Jedi were too stict and the Sith were too cold and brutal. I would learn all that I could from both halves and just do my own thing. Not a hero or good guy but also not a sith. Anyone else feel that way? To learn the powers and techniques and become all powerful but never use it unless forced too?
Ahh, a fellow Jolee Bindo.
Gray Jedi's ftw!

obisean

May the Force Be With Me
Feb 3, 2009
JediMB said:
obisean said:
Scarecrow38 said:

Yeah I pretty much reckon this. Though my passion has always been for the noble and righteous Jedi and all that, but part of that favour also comes from my view that most people will want to play Sith (World of Warcraft seems to be a good argument for that).

Are you talking about the Alliance in WoW? The horde for the most part just wanted to be left alone. It was the racist humans who couldn't stand it.
I think he's talking more about the players in WoW.

But, really, the Orcs banded together with demons and undead in Warcraft II, so...
That was before Thrall took over though. You don't see England starting a war with Germany because of something Hitler did. In War3 Thrall took over and even fought alongside Humans to stop the scourge invasion. Humans racism and utter hate for the undead caused the undead to be befriended by the horde. Even the Blood Elves, who the undead rendered almost limp, realize the undead they are allied with are not the same undead that destroyed the Sunwell.

So in my opinion, the bad guys in WoW are the humans. Orcs although savage at one time, just want peace and to be left alone. Maybe they war among themselves, but they don't want war with Humans.

EDIT: I write this not reading much in the way of history, but from playing the Warcraft 3 game. I know some of the WoW lore, but mostly dont pay attention. So if my logic is flawed or my information wrong, please don't go off on me.

obisean

May the Force Be With Me
Feb 3, 2009
Ace of Spades said:
I would choose the Jedi. The way of the Sith is to kill those higher than you and steal their positions. I would like to die in battle rather than be assassinated by my apprentice.
Survival of the fittest. If you can do the job better do you not deserve it?

MMMowman

Mar 9, 2009
Sith may have force lighting but Jedi dont kill each other... well... not without a bit of sith intervention...

obisean

May the Force Be With Me
Feb 3, 2009
Darkside360 said:
beoweasel said:
You know what? SCREW JEDI AND THE SITH.

I'm working for the Republic. Gods, I hope this game doesn't devolve into a lightsaber fest.
Well it being set in a time where it was common for tens of thousands of jedi to exsist, it wouldn't be stupid unlike SWG where jedi was the most played class.

I know it doesn't matter, and I don't really care of you opinion of the man one way or another. But to me politics and video games should never be in the same forum. Would you mind changing your avatar to something less political?

obisean

May the Force Be With Me
Feb 3, 2009
Darkside360 said:
obisean said:
Darkside360 said:
beoweasel said:
You know what? SCREW JEDI AND THE SITH.

I'm working for the Republic. Gods, I hope this game doesn't devolve into a lightsaber fest.
Well it being set in a time where it was common for tens of thousands of jedi to exsist, it wouldn't be stupid unlike SWG where jedi was the most played class.

I know it doesn't matter, and I don't really care of you opinion of the man one way or another. But to me politics and video games should never be in the same forum. Would you mind changing your avatar to something less political?
No, I see no avatar policy, please live with it.
Never said it was a policy, but can cause much unneeded debate and anger among people, and we are all here to enjoy ourselves :)
But maybe you are one of those people who likes to feed off of such things /shrug.
To each his own.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
I don't know what I would choose...I would just take the choices as they come, see where I end up. However, if Jedi get access to the Jedi temple, I would go with them.

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
Jedi. But I would play it ala Kyle Katarn or Mace Windu. You know, still a good guy, still will punch you in the face when you get in my way. Or replace "punch" with "lightning". Or maybe that punch will be holding a lightsabre...

obisean

May the Force Be With Me
Feb 3, 2009
This is actually a tighter race than i thought.
I thought for sure Sith would win.

Velocirapture07

Jan 19, 2009
Sith FTW. I love how close the freaking poll is at the top. Just going to show that neither side will have a big advantage over the other. After playing sith every time in kotor there is no going back.