Poll: Worst TF2 Class?

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
Why does non-one love the dmeoman, he's my best class after the spy, he's fun, balanced and becomes quite effective one you master his weapons.

AddytheGreat

May 25, 2009
My least faviorate is the Engi, all I end up doing is standing still whacking a turret with a wrench, occasionaly running off for metal

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
piscian said:
Let me back pedal and say I don't have anything against any class. I know a lot of people are ranting about classes they hate. I'm not looking at it from that perspective. It just occurred to me that the sniper classes doesn't balance against any other class besides perhaps the medic. Vote with your heart sir :)
ok ok but you got me thinking, of all the classes the sniper does the most to degrade a game. every other class can serve a specific practical purpose in a strategy, and can be countered by another classes specialization. snipers? either you're good at sniping and you can counter the entire other team, or you suck at it and you're a waste of space. maybe I'm biased, considering how awful i am with an awp, but on most teams I see snipers keeping themselves busy pinning each other down or bringing up the rear in an otherwise active team.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
I dislike the heavy.
All classes will function solo to some degree, but a heavy cannot do anything by himself.
This is a problem when you play with a pickup team.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
PsiMatrix said:
Megacherv said:
What's a w+m1 pyro?
W is the default "move forward", M1 is mouse button one (left on standard two-button mouses). So it's a running pyro who tries to burn everything neglecting the other weapons at at pyro's disposal like the longer ranged shotgun/flaregun and the axes.
Ahh. So they're basically moron players?

TheHitcher

Sep 9, 2009
I'm sorry. it's gotta be the scout. I can't use him and I hate going against people who use him. 'Cause all they do is run in a big circle dodging everything.

A lot of people here are saying the demoman, but I think there's an art to using his weapons. Yes it's hard to use, but it's amazing satisfying when you lay down like 4 pipe bombs and kill 4+ at a time.

I'm not even saying I'd want the scout removed. I just dislike him.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
piscian said:
Yeah I'm scratching my chin on this because I don't wanna be a jerk. I'm thinking two scenarios. On defense and offense Snipers are an excellent long range answer to the Heavy+medic combo however a smart pyro can flank the heavy+medic combo and take them down with crits especially with the afterburner. They can also kill turrets. other than that I have to agree the game doesn't need them and I've seen games completed perfectly fine without them. People can complaint all they want about the BS of Demo's and Pyro's but they are both very important. I can't comment on any of this in regards to the console however, between my wife and I we've put about a 1000+ hours into the PC game playing every map(we prefer payload) and I just can't recall a game being affected one way or a another by a sniper. As a Pyro player I dispatch them easily with the flaregun. rince repeat.
When ever I play on console, the only time I see snipers is doing their thing in the 2fort battlements. On PC, you get some maps like orangeX3 where you get a similar situation on the ground, except at that point they can manage to prevent most of the other classes from even taking the field. I think either you get a good sniper who tosses the whole game, or a poor sniper of no relevance.

Or, you get real ass-kickers like my buddy Donut who will punish a whole team, pinning them in their base, then call everyone to follow him on a machete rush.

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
Whoever says the Soldier is the most useless class is sadly mistaken.

Professional teams usually have 2 Soldiers 2 Scouts A demoman and a Medic.
Medic is the most important member out of all of these as he provides the Ubercharges and has the most influence in controlling the momentum of the game, Scouts usually make the medic a primary target as they can get in close and get out fast. scouts also protect the Demoman.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
ironmace1 said:
What Do you beleive the worst or most useless class in TF2 I think they are all usefull and fun but what do you think the worst is. And yes I used the search bar and found the best tf2 classes but not the worst. But sry if I missed one. But the pyro is gay! Because on 2fort every single one is a bloody spy checker!
Using gay as an insult is frowned upon here and perpetuates a negative homophobic trend in gameing.

I don't think an TF2 class is useless. Each has its uses for a different type of situation. I may suck at some classes, but I have seen each one used in a very well and with effective tactics and none have ever been totally useless.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Mr.Black said:
But I do hate retards that w+m1 Pyro and think they're good at the game.
There really isn't much of a strategy for Pyros other than W+M1. Yeah, there's pick at Snipers with the Flare Gun, but Pyro is really a close-quarters killer. Not much else to it than that.

That said, I think the worst class is Sniper, just because all they do is only shoot at the other team's Snipers.

Lukeydoodly

Sep 9, 2008
Pyro, lowest skill ceiling. Good against noobs, pretty much it. If you get killed by W+M1, you really should stop playing.

Scout is definitely the best if you can aim, scattergun is awesome.

edit: OP you might want to specify which version in the OP, as 360/PS3 Demomen/Pyros are a joke.

Ph0t0n1c Ph34r

Feb 25, 2009
I have to say the sniper, as the maps arnt large enough to really warrent sniping, and as a defensive role, an engineer or demoman is more useful. The only thing I ever really see snipers do is kill other snipers. It's circular logi : "Why are you a sniper?" "So I can kill other snipers" I play engineer. The thinking coward's class.