Poll: Would you date a transgendered person?

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
i am a pre-op trans female (female in a mans body). as such, of course i would date a trans person. frankly i dont understand why the gender someone USED to be would hold any relevancy

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
As long as i like the person and they cant poke me in the eye when i go to give oral i probably wouldnt give a crap.

Spacelord

May 7, 2008
I voted no, but I wouldn't call myself transphobic.

There's a pretty big nuance in the spectrum between 'don't hate' or even 'like' and 'actively want to bone', after all.

Blue Hero

Aug 6, 2011
Nope. I like real women. I wouldn't have sex with a dog if it looked like a dog, and I wouldn't have sex with a dog if it looked like a woman.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Mortai Gravesend said:
Casual Shinji said:
D Moness said:
I am saddened by the replies that say i support them but do not see them in the gender they identify with ... to me that is not supporting it.
You can't force someone's thoughts or opinions.

Just because someone altered themselves from man to woman or woman to man doesn't mean you can expect everyone around them to simply flip a switch in their brain and immediate, from balls to bone sorta speak, accept them as 100% woman/man. The human mind doesn't work like that.
That seems like a flimsy excuse though. You can expect people to not feel quite like the person is a man or woman, but while that cannot be controlled, whether they say the person is a man or a woman can be controlled. Sure you cannot expect a switch to just flip and make them feel that way. But independent of that they can recognize them, at least in words, as a man or woman. Which they aren't quite doing if they're saying "Oh but they're really this"
Ofcourse I'm not talking about dismissing the gender they choose during conversation with friends or something. Aferall, when you're in conversation with actual men and women you don't constantly refer to them by their gender, right? You refer to them by their personality.

It's all about subconscience. I could easily be friends with someone who is transgendered, given I like their personality, but subcosciencely I could only ever see them as the gender they used to be. This has nothing to do with being narrow minded.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Angry Juju said:
I'd prefer my partner to be genuine to be honest.. It's a lifestyle choice but it would just seem fake to me if I were to date someone who was transgender.

(i'm not calling the act of being transgender fake, so please don't read it as if i'm insulting you)
But you ARE calling it a "lifestyle choice," which is both insulting and dismissive.

One of Many

Feb 3, 2010
Call me a bigot or monster or whatever but the answer is no, trans-people weird me out. I'm just uncomfortable around them, sorry.

Its great that they've found themselves or become the gender they believe themselves to be and I believe that everyone should be able to do that but I don't know, just makes me want to leave the room.

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
Nope, I doubt I could manage the aesthetics and the only transgender fellow I ever knew felt the Oslo terrorist was justified in his butchery of political opponents because the bugger disagreed with their (and my) views. I understand transgendered people aren't responsible for this but that is a hurdle that is the precedent established for them in my mind.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
Could I tolerate them? Yes
Could I be good friends with them? Absolutely!
Could I date one? ...No

I have nothing against transgendered people, it's just that I wouldn't be able to date one.

...after thinking about it though, I'm not sure why.

Chanel Tompkins

Nov 8, 2011
I could date a transgender, but it would be hard for me to develop a serious romance with one. You know, casual dating, not bf/gf. Maybe it's just where I am right now, being in a highly religious place where even kinky hetero sex is frowned on, let alone anything else.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
At this point, I think I could fall in love with the right man, if I found him. I certainly wouldn't mind if it happened to someone else. Thing is, though, I don't get excited when drawing the male form. As long as they've got soft skin and an hourglass figure, it's a definite possibility that I'd date a transgender, but I find it hard to believe that human surgeons are that good.

Beffudled Sheep

Jan 23, 2009
Country
Texas
VoEC said:
Please do not take the sometimes abrasive and even ignorant statements of a few to represent the whole. The escapist is by and large populated by mostly tolerant, kind and open-minded people. And you'll be fine at a university if you just find the right people (cliche crap yes but it is very true).

I voted for 'it depends' because I have never met a trans anything in my life. I am a person that believes in the absolute nature of well nature so I will always consider the person in question to be what their DNA says they are. But I also believe that how a person carries themselves, behaves, and looks would be more important than their DNA saying "penis" or "vagina". I'd probably always consider the person to be the original gender but I'd treat them according to how they act and appear, if they deserve that level of respect (by that I mean I'd treat them how they want to be treated if they're nice. If they're scumbags I'll treat them accordingly).
I'd easily be best of friends with one but a relationship would be a bit trickier and would need work. But as long as I am physically attracted to the individual, have a mental connection with them, and enjoy their company etc I see no reason why I wouldn't except for the issue of children. I want them to be of my own seed but that too could be solved with a surrogate or something similar. I guess it'd all depend on the person and circumstances.

Can't say for sure because I've yet to meet one.