Poll: would you destroy humanity?

Gaming King

Apr 9, 2010
kiwi_poo said:
Considering us humans have made quite a mess of the planet; with global warming and the lack of resources to sustain our way of living causing tensions to spark between the global superpowers, which might become nuclear (just a hunch, don't worry). Would you destroy humanity to save all other life as we know it? If so, please explain how.
HA!!!! Global warming!? THAT'S the first thing you mention? I don't really have an opinion on how big global warming actually is or if humans have much to do with it, but the worst that could happen is that humanity wipes itself out. And I doubt that'll happen.

The real issue is just how evil so many people are in general. Like Yahtzee says: People are shit.

But not everyone is bad. That's what makes this a hard choice.

I'd have to say I'd be tempted, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. If I were to "press the big red button," little children would be destroyed, and I couldn't do that.

Maibus

Aug 8, 2009
The age of man is over, now is the time of the ORC!! No but seriously, some kind of massive doomsday device... now all I need is a giant space station with a really big laser or a mining laser and some funny colored matter...

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
if I had the power to destroy I would also have the power to improve and help.

I see no reason to choose to destroy when I can breathe new life into it.
I don't have the power to snuff out even the wicked, let alone the rest of humanity, so I might as well say, "No, I would not destroy humanity if I was asked if I wanted to and given the ability to"

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
No. Despite all the screwups we have brought upon the planet, the Human Race have achieved amazing marvels.

The problem with the world today is that they sit in front of their TV screen. They get told about the gun crime and the pollution and the eco-descrution, but they don't go out and see the incredible things we've done, like the wildlife reserves in Africa or the Great Reef (which we try to protect from idiots in heavy-metal laden boats (lookin' at you, China)) or even Human culture itself

Travel the world, and you'll realise that we're a great bunch after all

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I would if I was old or sick and near death, and I had the means to do so. I wouldn't do it for the sake of other species though, largely just for teh evulz!

PaulaG

Jun 16, 2009
No way! I mean, who else would I enslave when I conquer the world? *I'm* certainly not doing all that menial labour!

But seriously, no. Humanity may be royally screwing up in some ways, but there are some people who still give me hope for our species. And humanity really should clean up the mess we made

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
Cmwissy said:
Yes.

The Greater Good
How is it the greater good? There was nothing before birth, there will be nothing after death. Mankind's existance is already incredibly short and transient in this world with us in our "final" form only appearing tens of thousands of years ago. The world is more than 6 billion years old, might as well let life happen until it is snuffed out by the cosmos due to the completely neutral force, nature.

saxist01

Jun 4, 2009
I will just because you put an "h" in would! Quit being wheird Whill Wheaton, you'll get your Cool Whip!

Winter Rat

Sep 2, 2008
I already did, but you won't notice it taking effect until 2047. Take that you theater-talking, double parking pricks. I'll make sure you live long enough to see your grandchildren die horribly (don't want to spoil the surprise) and your whole world fall apart.

Cmwissy

Aug 26, 2009
Plurralbles said:
Cmwissy said:
Yes.

The Greater Good
How is it the greater good? There was nothing before birth, there will be nothing after death. Mankind's existance is already incredibly short and transient in this world with us in our "final" form only appearing tens of thousands of years ago. The world is more than 6 billion years old, might as well let life happen until it is snuffed out by the cosmos due to the completely neutral force, nature.

Way to make a sarcastic joke into a debate, buddy.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Hubilub said:
No.

You see, I am human, and I want to live.

Therefore, there will be no genocide for me.
Yeah pretty much this... though, with a little difference. See I want to live... but I don't care about the rest of you and I would happily have %90 of the worlds population killed so there's more space for me. %10 of humanity is still a lot of people so I wont get bored... besides, I would have Jessica Alba live... -Drool-

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
If it got so bad and things were never going to look up then yes. I would invent some sort of formula that targets only organs that we humans have (like an opposible thumb =D), and sprays out and, I dunno, vaporise? So that I don't leave bodies? Or would that be considered good for a food source?

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
Cmwissy said:
Plurralbles said:
Cmwissy said:
Yes.

The Greater Good

Way to make constructive posts, pal.

Cmwissy

Aug 26, 2009
Plurralbles said:
Cmwissy said:
Plurralbles said:
Cmwissy said:
Yes.

The Greater Good

Way to make constructive posts, pal.

Your lack of insight of sarcasm doesn't mean I can't make constructive posts.

Also.