Poll: would you destroy humanity?

Theron Julius

Nov 30, 2009
Yes, you foolish humans have had it coming since day 1. Prancing about thinking your so cool because your the only sentient species on your planet. You guys were good for a while, being simple hunter-gatherers. Then you just start killing each other and poisoning yourselves with alcohol. Then you started to kill your own environment. Destroying you now with a good ol' fashioned alien virus would be the only humane (har har pun) thing to do. If doom doesn't come now, it'll just be a slow painful death at the hands of overpopulation and starvation. Come GIR, I believe our message has been purveyed (if you don't understand this reference I despise you all more so).

Nebiros3

Oct 27, 2008
I voted no, but if a super-virus drastically reduced the world population.... Maybe not such a bad thing. A virus is an indiscriminate killer, unlike humanity. Beats killing each other over food, water, oil and money at least in my book.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Yes, except for about a million or so of us.

Not wipe out, just massively reduce our numbers.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
You know, as a species, Humans are incredibly intelligent, compassionate, modest and responsible, and we only continue to be more so with every generation. There is the argument that we are all evil and destructive: Compared to what? Aliens that (As far as actual looks into their personality and culture) we invented to reflect our own idealistic values? Animals that are to busy eating each others young and murdering cousins for a bit to eat to develop the technology that makes us more destructively powerful, but also saves billions of lives, and is an incredible boon to countless innocents? Ideals and principles that are completely untested by reality? For every 1 thing that is terrible, you can name 100 things of unsurpassed beauty from humanity, and the fact that we are so focused on the bad shows our never ending, unquenchable thirst for good. I used to fall under the, "Humans are evil" school of thought. Then I grew up.

Snowden's Secret

Apr 4, 2010
The only thing that would stop me from doing so would be the fact that I am human, and so destroying the race that I am a member of would be regarded as a conflict of interests.

dfphetteplace

Nov 29, 2009
I want me and my family to live, so I would go with no. Doesn't mean I wouldn't mind seeing the apocalypse, I'm sure I would survive that.

Feb 14, 2008
You ask me?
YES YES A THOUSAN TIMES YES.

I have megalomania and misanthropy and my current delusion is about somehow becoming a god, wiping out humanity and the either create a new one or just faff about.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
Cmwissy said:
Plurralbles said:
Cmwissy said:
Plurralbles said:
Cmwissy said:
Yes.

The Greater Good
How is it the greater good? There was nothing before birth, there will be nothing after death. Mankind's existance is already incredibly short and transient in this world with us in our "final" form only appearing tens of thousands of years ago. The world is more than 6 billion years old, might as well let life happen until it is snuffed out by the cosmos due to the completely neutral force, nature.

Way to make a sarcastic joke into a debate, buddy.
Way to make constructive posts, pal.

Your lack of insight of sarcasm doesn't mean I can't make constructive posts.

Also.

I chose to ignore the sarcasm just so I had an excuse to make my post. I could have written it by itself but then again, it wouldn't have been read, now would it have? Most likely not.

Thanks for the vid. You must be unable to express your thoughts in words.

KDBTV

Feb 8, 2009
Now where is my Death Note?
I only would save to people who are loyal to me

SlowShootinPete

Apr 21, 2010
Not to sound callous, but humans are pretty much the only worthwhile thing in our known universe. Things only have value in the way that they relate to us: a mountain is more impressive than a molehill because the mountain is huge compared to a person. But both are just meaningless piles of atoms without a human observer.

While emotions aren't unique to humans, ours are the most abstract and complicated. We may be the most brutal and destructive species, but we also produced Ghandi and Mother Theresa, and to our credit the average person lies between those two moral extremes.

Most of us would probably agree that torturing a kitten is cruel. On the other hand, a hungry wolf doesn't care about hurting other animals. Nature is just ugly and psychopathic when you really look at it.

This is a dumb question when you think about it. The only way to answer it is to actually be in a situation where you had the ability to kill another human being for no real reason. Otherwise you're just talking out your ass. I'm willing to bet that an overwhelming majority of the people who answered yes would actually puss out if the choice were real.

Nature should be cherished and preserved both for moral reasons and because it is beneficial to human life, but if I had to pick between exterminating humanity or destroying all other life, I would readily let the Earth burn while we flew off in our spaceships to wander the galaxy. And feel sad, of course.

Serioli

Mar 26, 2010
Yes, however I am a toxic shaman so my outlook may be skewed

P.S. Muahahahahahahaha

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
YEs, but I'd do it very slowly, weraking havoc and gennerally messing with people. (I assume I would have super powers or something ;P)

Ataxia

Feb 4, 2010
I would say yes to killing people just because most of the population is idiots. And you because you're one of those people who think global warming was caused by humans. Seriously people it's called weather rain happened before we were here. Get over yourselves.

Bojinglez

Feb 13, 2010
Yes, but only because me wiping out all of humanity would be alot less painful than letting them die from the way the world will really end.