Poll: Would you have sex with your cousin?

garjian

Mar 25, 2009
Volf99 said:
The problem is they are related by blood and they are cousins.
and what is the problem with that?
we've already addressed children, I'm sure we agree that blood relatives should not have children, as I've stated already.
and given that contraception exists, and birth control exists... I ask again. What is the problem with two adults having consentual sex?

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Seventh Actuality said:
Volf99 said:
I'm still confused on how anybody concluded my opinion on pre-marital sex and interracial relationships, given the FACT that I didn't even touch on the subjects in my original post (I'm fine with both btw).

There are reasons for cousins to not have sex, like I don't know...their COUSINS. Look at other people's post and you'll see that they also are against the idea. Heck look at the polls and you'll see that the most voted for answer is the one that agrees with me that it's messed up.

You know what another example of my "closed minded attitude" is? I think its disgusting for someone my age (21) or around my age to have sex with someone who is 70 years old.
The fact that you have no measure for what's morally wrong beyond what people have told you is EEEWWW ICKY and can't distinguish consensual sex from rape suggests you should probably be chemically castrated right now to save time.
Thanks for ignorantly concluding my entire perspective into one bigot infused sentence seeing as how you know nothing about me other than the few post you came across. Also you want me to be punished for expressing my opinion? Really? I hate to see what kinds of things you wish for people who disagree with you on other subjects. You'll also notice that I didn't wish any harm onto the OP or anybody who agreed with him, unlike you, who wants somebody chemically castrated because they don't agree with them.

Tourette

Dec 19, 2009
No chance. Unless I found out my cousin was Beyonce then it would be a different story.

Memoriae

Mar 7, 2010
To be perfectly honest... I don't actually know any of my 3rd+ cousins, so I wouldn't have a clue if I was related to them or not.

But if we're talking about closer cousins? No, because most of them are neurotic messes....

Even though they are rather pleasing to the eye.

Sep 3, 2011
Volf99 said:
Seventh Actuality said:
Volf99 said:
I'm still confused on how anybody concluded my opinion on pre-marital sex and interracial relationships, given the FACT that I didn't even touch on the subjects in my original post (I'm fine with both btw).

There are reasons for cousins to not have sex, like I don't know...their COUSINS. Look at other people's post and you'll see that they also are against the idea. Heck look at the polls and you'll see that the most voted for answer is the one that agrees with me that it's messed up.

You know what another example of my "closed minded attitude" is? I think its disgusting for someone my age (21) or around my age to have sex with someone who is 70 years old.
The fact that you have no measure for what's morally wrong beyond what people have told you is EEEWWW ICKY and can't distinguish consensual sex from rape suggests you should probably be chemically castrated right now to save time.
Thanks for ignorantly concluding my entire perspective into one bigot infused sentence seeing as how you know nothing about me other than the few post you came across. Also you want me to be punished for expressing my opinion? Really? I hate to see what kinds of things you wish for people who disagree with you on other subjects. You'll also notice that I didn't wish any harm onto the OP or anybody who agreed with him, unlike you, who wants somebody chemically castrated because they don't agree with them.
We want you castrated because your train of thought is horrible and disgusting.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
garjian said:
Volf99 said:
There are reasons for cousins to not have sex, like I don't know...their COUSINS. .
xD

There are reasons that Jews should be mudered, like I don't know... "their" JEWS.
seriously? that's how you think?

There are reasons we slaughtered our own children, like I don't know... "their" our CHILDREN.
funny should bring up the Jew thing, because I am one.

ok I'll admit I'm biased partly because I'm a Jew. By that I mean, (as much as I HATE to admit it) incest was very common amongst certain Jews because we are not supposed to marry gentiles. By this I mean that when Jews immigrated to different countries, Jewish people REALLY didn't want to marry out....so...incest was the "only option". As a result however,
tay-sachs and other genetic diseases started to appear in our community. So because of our history, I don't promote incest in any shape or form.

Also, it's very insulting to relate interracial sex to incest, imo.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Isn't everyone in the human race 7th cousins?

So basically everyone is fucking their own cousin.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
SirFlamingLoboOfDoom said:
Volf99 said:
Seventh Actuality said:
Volf99 said:

Cool, you want to cause physically harm to me because I disagree with you on a subject on an internet thread. Yeah that totally doesn't sound like an overreaction.

Hey saw your avatar and it reminded me of something a Kpop star went through awhile ago. Here is the law he was in violation of:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_809_of_the_Korean_Civil_Code

Tell me, do you think ALL of the South Korean population that agrees with me should be physically harmed as well?

Wolfy2447

Oct 4, 2011
Dont some people feel bad about the stupid humans who got brainwashed so much by society that their responses are "No, Fuck no, gross, its wierd, wtf, sick"?

Just think what would happen if they lived in a society that supported cousing sex, they would so totally say yes since people are so stupid and have such low self esteem they need society/law/god in their behind to support their choices and superiority against minorities...even though society is just like pointing back at themselves but obviously saying your superior without support doesnt make you feel better that much....

God what epicly stupid blindly by their own needs most people are....

And to answer the question, yes because i am not brainwashed and cant find a reason to say no, well expect the social pressure but thats the only thing i can think of and in my case means little.

Too bad i have no interest in humans xD

garjian

Mar 25, 2009
Volf99 said:
Thanks for ignorantly concluding my entire perspective into one bigot infused sentence
that's what your perspective is though, at least, that's how it's coming accross.

either you need to cone up with a point with some solid reasoning behind it, or that it all you are... and you need to take a long, hard look at your opinions and ask yourself whether or not they are logical. Think about what is right and wrong, make sure you consider every angle, and I would hope that eventually you would understand what is right, what is wrong, and what is social conditioning for yourself. We've changed our collective minds on many things, and on this subject alone, we now have sex before marriage, open relationships, homosexuality and much more. as you can see, we've weighed the advantages and disadvantages of incest, and the only bad part is the children, and as you can have sex without children coming as a direct result, then there is no problem. So why restrict it entirely?

Volf99 said:
I thought the OP was trolling, but after seeing some of these answers........

Also, it is amusing to no end that although I have not expressed anything bad to happen with to people who disagree with me that incestuous sex is gross, people who support incestuous sex have wished violence upon me. I didn't realize that just expressing an opinion on a internet thread was a justification for violence to be inflicted upon my person.
oh give it a rest.
you're losing, and you want out because ONE person wanted you chemically castrated.
stop victimizing yourself and support your bloody argument, or just admit defeat.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
I thought the OP was trolling, but after seeing some of these answers........

Also, it is amusing to no end that although I have not expressed anything bad to happen with to people who disagree with me that incestuous sex is gross, people who support incestuous sex have wished violence upon me. I didn't realize that just expressing an opinion on a internet thread was a justification for violence to be inflicted upon my person.

Sep 3, 2011
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
Seventh Actuality said:
Volf99 said:

Cool, you want to cause physically harm to me because I disagree with you on a subject on an internet thread. Yeah that totally doesn't sound like an overreaction.

Hey saw your avatar and it reminded me of something a Kpop star went through awhile ago. Here is the law he was in violation of:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_809_of_the_Korean_Civil_Code

Tell me, do you think ALL of the South Korean population that agrees with me should be physically harmed as well?
1.That technically doesn't tell you anything about koreans thoughts towards incest.

2.This is marriage so I guess I hate is as much as anti gay marriage. But keep in mind this might be to stop relatives "marrying" to screw the system.

3.Keep in mind I want to hurt a lot of homophobes and racists too.

Didrik Akselsen

Oct 31, 2011
Cosin is a family member, also the daughter of your parents sister and brother, so no I would not have sex with my cousin, that would just be wrong. horribly wrong.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
garjian said:
Volf99 said:
Thanks for ignorantly concluding my entire perspective into one bigot infused sentence
that's what your perspective is though, at least, that's how it's coming accross.

either you need to cone up with a point with some solid reasoning behind it, or that it all you are... and you need to take a long, hard look at your opinions and ask yourself whether or not they are logical. Think about what is right and wrong, make sure you consider every angle, and I would hope that eventually you would understand what is right, what is wrong, and what is social conditioning for yourself. We've changed our collective minds on many things, and on this subject alone, we now have sex before marriage, open relationships, homosexuality and much more. as you can see, we've weighed the advantages and disadvantages of incest, and the only bad part is the children, and as you can have sex without children coming as a direct result, then there is no problem. So why restrict it entirely?
I never "restrict[ed]" it. I never wished violence upon people who commit such acts, nor did I call upon it to be outlawed I just expressed my opinion on the subject and do you know who's going to be the most (if at all) effected by my opinion on the subject? ME!

As for why I don't like the idea of any form of incest, look at my comment about Jews

Sep 3, 2011
Volf99 said:
garjian said:
Volf99 said:

I never "restrict[ed]" it. I never wished violence upon people who commit such acts, nor did I call upon it to be outlawed I just expressed my opinion on the subject and do you know who's going to be the most (if at all) effected by my opinion on the subject? ME!

As for why I don't like the idea of any form of incest, look at my comment about Jews
So since your Jewish your ashamed of your history because....INCEST EWWWWWWWWWWW. That's not a reason.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Volf99 said:
garjian said:
Volf99 said:

So since your Jewish your ashamed of your history because....INCEST EWWWWWWWWWWW. That's not a reason.
While I am ashamed of my people, that's not it. It's that incest lead to people having tay-sachs and other genetic diseases.

Btw, just because I stated why I feel this way and you don't like it, doesn't mean it isn't a reason, just fyi.

iamthelexx

Mar 4, 2010
Weird, I was thinking about this at work today. But to add some perspective-

Between the ages 14 and 20 I was involved in a sexual relationship with my first cousin who is right about 6 months younger than me. It wasn't really an emotional relationship, we just really liked boning each other. The strange thing is that we actually look quite a bit a like and she fucking LOVED that fact(I didn't really care, ass is ass I suppose). I had to end it, though, because she started getting into rougher and rougher sex, to the point where she wanted me to full-on punch her in the face fight-club style. She understood my hangup and we ended it amiably. We're still pretty close, though in the last 7 years we haven't hooked up. She's married with a kid now(we had secret paternity tests done. Not mine).

I just always thought it was funny that fucking my cousin never bothered me, but hitting her did.

Sep 3, 2011
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
garjian said:
Volf99 said:

While I am ashamed of my people, that's not it. It's that incest lead to people having tay-sachs and other genetic diseases.

Btw, just because I stated why I feel this way and you don't like it, doesn't mean it isn't a reason, just fyi.
Whats wrong with having sex again...having children I am against but whats wrong with the sex itself.

garjian

Mar 25, 2009
Volf99 said:

I did look, it focused on children, so I ignored it. Children are irrelevant in this argument and don't get my started on pointless traditions. Traditional opinions are what spread racism and create opinions such as the "like I don't know... their COUSINS" fiasco.
so what if it's frowned upon by your culture, why should you care?

at the start of this argument, I will remind you, that you accused everyone who didn't agree with you as a rapist against both mothers and animals.
now you act the victim. turtling to the "it's my opinion" argument.
if that is so, then you have no place to judge those who aren't swayed by old traditional thinking and have considered each aspect of the act.

Volf99 said:
JoystickHero said:
DalekJaas said:
I can only guess most of them are children born of incest, therefore being only part formed physically and mentally they can only answer yes as a result before they start raping there mums, dads and pet dogs. /RANT
Welcome to the Escapist, where people will assume you're a deformed mutant bestiality rapist because of how you voted on a poll.
no...because you agreed that you would have sex with your cousin, which is really f*cked up.
...seems you didn't quite, but it seems you agree.