Poll: Would you have sex with your cousin?

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
garjian said:
Volf99 said:
SirFlamingLoboOfDoom said:
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
garjian said:
Volf99 said:
Thanks for ignorantly concluding my entire perspective into one bigot infused sentence
that's what your perspective is though, at least, that's how it's coming accross.

either you need to cone up with a point with some solid reasoning behind it, or that it all you are... and you need to take a long, hard look at your opinions and ask yourself whether or not they are logical. Think about what is right and wrong, make sure you consider every angle, and I would hope that eventually you would understand what is right, what is wrong, and what is social conditioning for yourself. We've changed our collective minds on many things, and on this subject alone, we now have sex before marriage, open relationships, homosexuality and much more. as you can see, we've weighed the advantages and disadvantages of incest, and the only bad part is the children, and as you can have sex without children coming as a direct result, then there is no problem. So why restrict it entirely?
I never "restrict[ed]" it. I never wished violence upon people who commit such acts, nor did I call upon it to be outlawed I just expressed my opinion on the subject and do you know who's going to be the most (if at all) effected by my opinion on the subject? ME!

As for why I don't like the idea of any form of incest, look at my comment about Jews
So since your Jewish your ashamed of your history because....INCEST EWWWWWWWWWWW. That's not a reason.
While I am ashamed of my people, that's not it. It's that incest lead to people having tay-sachs and other genetic diseases.

Btw, just because I stated why I feel this way and you don't like it, doesn't mean it isn't a reason, just fyi.
Whats wrong with having sex again...having children I am against but whats wrong with the sex itself.
At the end of the day, I guess there is "technically" nothing wrong with just sex (even though I'm grossed out by it). However such a conclusion leads me to ask that, then what is wrong with "just sex" between siblings? [Serious question]
nothing.
people are allowed to decide their own limits, however. Just because I see nothing wrong with having sex which a horrofically disfigured person, does not mean I would.
Well I wouldn't stop people from committing incestuous sex, but I entirely disagree with the statement that "people are allowed to decide their own limits". For example, a pedophile doesn't get to decide their "own limits", nor does a necrophile.

Agree to disagree :)

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Umm.... Boy.... This is an awkward question....

It depends on if we were blood related or not i guess. If shes a step cousin? I guess.

We have 0 familial DNA in common. And shes not really related to me, other then being by stop mom/dads brothers daughter/step daughter.

I guess if the stars aligned perfectly like that, and she was an Asian bikini model id be alright with it.

>.>; hope my wife doesnt accidentally read this post....

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
Seventh Actuality said:
Volf99 said:
I'm still confused on how anybody concluded my opinion on pre-marital sex and interracial relationships, given the FACT that I didn't even touch on the subjects in my original post (I'm fine with both btw).

There are reasons for cousins to not have sex, like I don't know...their COUSINS. Look at other people's post and you'll see that they also are against the idea. Heck look at the polls and you'll see that the most voted for answer is the one that agrees with me that it's messed up.

You know what another example of my "closed minded attitude" is? I think its disgusting for someone my age (21) or around my age to have sex with someone who is 70 years old.
The fact that you have no measure for what's morally wrong beyond what people have told you is EEEWWW ICKY and can't distinguish consensual sex from rape suggests you should probably be chemically castrated right now to save time.
Thanks for ignorantly concluding my entire perspective into one bigot infused sentence seeing as how you know nothing about me other than the few post you came across. Also you want me to be punished for expressing my opinion? Really? I hate to see what kinds of things you wish for people who disagree with you on other subjects. You'll also notice that I didn't wish any harm onto the OP or anybody who agreed with him, unlike you, who wants somebody chemically castrated because they don't agree with them.
We want you castrated because your train of thought is horrible and disgusting.
Cool, you want to cause physically harm to me because I disagree with you on a subject on an internet thread. Yeah that totally doesn't sound like an overreaction.

Hey saw your avatar and it reminded me of something a Kpop star went through awhile ago. Here is the law he was in violation of:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_809_of_the_Korean_Civil_Code

Tell me, do you think ALL of the South Korean population that agrees with me should be physically harmed as well?
1.That technically doesn't tell you anything about koreans thoughts towards incest.

2.This is marriage so I guess I hate is as much as anti gay marriage. But keep in mind this might be to stop relatives "marrying" to screw the system.

3.Keep in mind I want to hurt a lot of homophobes and racists too.

So you openly admit that you want to commit violence upon people who express an opinion(and only an opinion, I'm NOT referring to people who are violent racist/homophobes) that is different from your own? That's charming. I hope people like you never run a country, because I would be afraid what would happen to the people who expressed an opinion that you didn't agree with.
I am repulsed by your mind not your actions.
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
garjian said:
Volf99 said:
Thanks for ignorantly concluding my entire perspective into one bigot infused sentence
that's what your perspective is though, at least, that's how it's coming accross.

either you need to cone up with a point with some solid reasoning behind it, or that it all you are... and you need to take a long, hard look at your opinions and ask yourself whether or not they are logical. Think about what is right and wrong, make sure you consider every angle, and I would hope that eventually you would understand what is right, what is wrong, and what is social conditioning for yourself. We've changed our collective minds on many things, and on this subject alone, we now have sex before marriage, open relationships, homosexuality and much more. as you can see, we've weighed the advantages and disadvantages of incest, and the only bad part is the children, and as you can have sex without children coming as a direct result, then there is no problem. So why restrict it entirely?
I never "restrict[ed]" it. I never wished violence upon people who commit such acts, nor did I call upon it to be outlawed I just expressed my opinion on the subject and do you know who's going to be the most (if at all) effected by my opinion on the subject? ME!

As for why I don't like the idea of any form of incest, look at my comment about Jews
So since your Jewish your ashamed of your history because....INCEST EWWWWWWWWWWW. That's not a reason.
While I am ashamed of my people, that's not it. It's that incest lead to people having tay-sachs and other genetic diseases.

Btw, just because I stated why I feel this way and you don't like it, doesn't mean it isn't a reason, just fyi.
Whats wrong with having sex again...having children I am against but whats wrong with the sex itself.
At the end of the day, I guess there is "technically" nothing wrong with just sex (even though I'm grossed out by it). However such a conclusion leads me to ask that, then what is wrong with "just sex" between siblings? [Serious question]
Why not? Why not anyone? If everyone involved has given consent then fuck away.
......We are going to have to agree to disagree because I'm not ok with letting siblings or children and parents have sex with each other.
Now what.....why is it not "technically okay"
I personally find it disgusting (as do my siblings, and entire family). Stop trying to convince me otherwise, like I said agree to disagree.
So having sex with a cousin is bad because in the past your culture actually had children also....but now we are back to...EWWW
that is part of my reason, whether you like it or not. Look at the polls, the leading answer agrees with me.

But now I'm getting off from my last comment, agree to disagree.

Sep 3, 2011
Volf99 said:
garjian said:
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
garjian said:
Volf99 said:

nothing.
people are allowed to decide their own limits, however. Just because I see nothing wrong with having sex which a horrofically disfigured person, does not mean I would.
Well I wouldn't stop people from committing incestuous sex, but I entirely disagree with the statement that "people are allowed to decide their own limits". For example, a pedophile doesn't get to decide their "own limits", nor does a necrophile.

He already said CONSENTED multiple times and has it in bold...really.

Apr 5, 2008
Nothing wrong with cousins, it's not illegal nor particularly immoral. Happens often enough that it's socially acceptable. I wouldn't think anything untoward of cousins marrying. Anything closer tho (uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, parent, child or sibling) I would call incestuous and wrong.

I wouldn't want to with mine as I'm too close to them though.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
garjian said:
Volf99 said:
As for my culture, I LIKE MY CULTURE. Don't tell me how to view my culture. If you don't like my/your culture, fine. However don't tell ME what opinions to form on Jewish culture.
I didn't, I asked why you should care.
and if you choose to base your opinions on that, and be ignorant of all the arguments in front of you because of it, then don't dare judge and impose restrictions on others.
Why do I care? Because I'm human and its natural for me to form an opinoin on something. As for judging people, again I'm human and WE all judge people. I judge you and you judge me. It's natural and I see no problem with it.

Again I never said I would prevent anybody from doing it (restrict them) so stop telling me what my opinion is.

Last thing, me following my culture doesn't make me ignorant.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Volf99 said:
garjian said:
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
garjian said:
Volf99 said:

nothing.

my comment was solely referring to the statement "people are allowed to decide their own limits". It had nothing to do with incest.

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
Well my uncle is adopted so we're not even really family and I only see them like twice a year and she is really hot.
So, yes I would and yes we did.

Sep 3, 2011
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
garjian said:
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
garjian said:
Volf99 said:

nothing.

my comment was solely referring to the statement "people are allowed to decide their own limits". It had nothing to do with incest.
Nor did mine. You say what about pedos and necrophiliacs when he already said ONLY WITH CONSENT he already addressed your problem with limits.

garjian

Mar 25, 2009
Volf99 said:
garjian said:
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
garjian said:
Volf99 said:

nothing.

sure.
my general rule is that abuse, murder etc. almost always wrong. and therefore rape and paedophilia involving young children is definitely wrong. but I will never understand why truly consentual sex in any form is ever restricted.

Aug 25, 2009
Maybe, but it would depend on the cousin.

My first cousins I don't find attractive, and never have. Not because they were my cousins, but because I just didn't like them that way. (British by the way, we think it's entirely okay for even first cousins to get together)

As for 2nd, 3rd etc cousins, genetically you are apparently as far removed from distant cousins as you are from any other random human being on the street, so why should it bother me? If I found her attractive of course.

Sep 3, 2011
Volf99 said:
garjian said:
Volf99 said:
As for my culture, I LIKE MY CULTURE. Don't tell me how to view my culture. If you don't like my/your culture, fine. However don't tell ME what opinions to form on Jewish culture.
and if you choose to base your opinions on that, and be ignorant of all the arguments in front of you because of it, then don't dare judge and impose restrictions on others.
Why do I care? Because I'm human and its natural for me to form an opinoin on something. As for judging people, again I'm human and WE all judge people. I judge you and you judge me. It's natural and I see no problem with it.

Again I never said I would prevent anybody from doing it (restrict them) so stop telling me what my opinion is.

BLINDLY following tradition culture religion makes you extremely ignorant. You fully well know there is no good reason to not be okay with it yet you are still appalled by it because of your culture. That is one of the worst kinds of ignorance....WILLFUL Ignorance.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Volf99 said:
garjian said:
Volf99 said:

BLINDLY following tradition culture religion makes you extremely ignorant. You fully well know there is no good reason to not be okay with it yet you are still appalled by it because of your culture. That is one of the worst kinds of ignorance....WILLFUL Ignorance.
Thanks for showing your ignorance, because I never stated that I followed all my cultures beliefs. For example, I eat shrimp (I love it) and I'm physically active on Saturdays.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
garjian said:
Volf99 said:
garjian said:
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
garjian said:
Volf99 said:

nothing.

sure.
my general rule is that abuse, murder etc. almost always wrong. and therefore rape and paedophilia involving young children is definitely wrong. but I will never understand why truly consentual sex in any form is ever restricted.
well, fair enough

Sep 3, 2011
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
garjian said:
Volf99 said:

Thanks for showing your ignorance, because I never stated that I followed all my cultures beliefs. For example, I eat shrimp (I love it) and I'm physically active on Saturdays.
You think I don't call Christians ignorant because they pick and choose? Just because you abandon some things because you know it is bullshit doesn't mean you are not ignorant.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
0p3rati0n said:
Zio_IV said:
Me personally? No.

But if someone else wants to go for it (ie. the TC), then hey, power to ya. There's nothing inherently wrong with it and it's your life so do what you want.
This. If having sex with your cousin is your thing, then it's not my place to judge.
Gonna go with this; in particular the part I made bold. Wouldn't do it myself simply because my cousins are skanky, woefully uneducated and either wearing orange, skintight leather or horribly over-(fake)tanned. I'm seriously talking Jersey Shore type people here. The kind you hope won't give you some kind of disease when you shake hands at the annual family reunion.

For the sake of full disclosure, though, I should point out I grew up in a different continent from the rest of my family and didn't even meet them until I was 19, so the idea that these people are "family" means fuck all to me.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
garjian said:
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
garjian said:
Volf99 said:

nothing.

Nor did mine. You say what about pedos and necrophiliacs when he already said ONLY WITH CONSENT he already addressed your problem with limits.
those were just examples I was addressing to show the faults to the idea that "people should have their own limit" is a bad one. It has nothing to do with the OP or his question I was just purely a comment on garjian's comment about people placing "their own limits".