Poll: Would you have sex with your cousin?

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
3rd cousin yeah, that isn't blood related.

People need to learn to read more than the title before posting.

1st/2nd cousin absolutely not.

FoodMonger

May 4, 2009
If the cousin is distant enough, like 4th cousin or further, then it wouldn't be that big of an issue. However with 3rd cousins it still feels like you'd be cutting it close.
I might be willing to go for it, granted that i'd be using protection and that nobody else knew.
If they were first or second cousins, then that's a definite no.
If they are your cousin simply by name and not by blood, then I could see it happening.

Archereus

Aug 18, 2008
I am not messing with anyone but I would yeah. I wouldn't be looking to do it but if a scenario were to come up I would try it out.

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
Due to social stigma, I think I'm just going to say yes and leave it at that.

Obviously, protection involved.

Caffiene

Jul 21, 2010
Zing said:
Wha? Any degree of cousin is by definition a blood relative, thats what cousin means. Specifically, 3rd cousin means you are blood relatives sharing the same great-great-grandparent.

not_you

Don't ask, or you won't know
Mar 16, 2011
IF (and only IF)
There is NO Genetic connection between us, (Like, if we were to be cousins through adoption or step-parents) Then I couldn't see any harm...

I mean, it would be strange, yeah, but, if nothing CAN go wrong, then, why make a fuss about it?

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Caffiene said:
Zing said:
Wha? Any degree of cousin is by definition a blood relative, thats what cousin means. Specifically, 3rd cousin means you are blood relatives sharing the same great-great-grandparent.
Sorry, I should be clearer, the relation is much smaller, so much so that there wouldn't be any risk to a potential child, also it's not against the law.

Spinhorse

Aug 2, 2010
Deathleaper said:
Lets say you have a distant cousin(3rd, 4th, or 5th) and the 2 of you find each other attractive, and both of you were close enough to actually have feelings for each other. You hang out, and the topic of it comes up, and your cousin is up to it. Would you do it if no one knew about it?

If she were my 3rd cousin, I may. 4th or 5th definitely, we're so distant it wouldn't even matter.

I'm asking because recently I was at a family gathering, and a lot of my relatives brought along some friends(ie, people not related to me), which wouldn't make it a "family gathering" anymore and just a party. I was sitting at a table and this girl I have never seen before sat next to me. I figured she was a friend of one of my relatives. Yadda yadda yadda, we flirt but then we find out we're related(3rd cousins). She still seems interested in me, and Vindictive God help me, I may go for it.

So what about you, Escapits?
I actually had a similar experience, I met my third cousin not a long while ago (she is German, so I hadn't seen for like 10 years)...and well, I like her and I'm pretty sure she likes me too. Idk if it's because of the (physical) distance between us that I wouldn't have a problem with having sex with her (I don't think she would either), but in the end, if it feels right (or if it doesn't feel /too/ wrong) go for it.

pppppppppppppppppp

Jun 23, 2011
Dammit, you'd know how hard this question is for me if you saw my cousins.

Wait, did I really just type that? I need some Brain Bleach or something...