Poll: Would you have sex with your cousin?

walrusaurus

Mar 1, 2011
Ironic, i just got home from my families thanksgiving, which i spent a good deal of surreptitiously staring at my hot cousin. I wouldn't have kids or anything, that'd be a bit weird, but sex would be totally fine with me.

AwesomeSuperMelon

May 12, 2010
It's not really incest. The relation is too far for it to really count. That is assuming it's your 3rd and onward. Because really, if you think about it, likely hood is most of us are cousins anyway. I mean Genghis Khan had hundreds of kids from across Europe to Asia, so it's fair to assume it's a good chance for most of us to be cousins.

Anywho, for me it would be a maybe. Are they distant enough or not would be my main concern. But with the ones I know currently, nope, they are more like sisters to me.

Adam Pettigrove

Jul 28, 2011
If you look into it hard enough, pretty much everyone is related, however ridiculously distant it may be. You just have to be confident in knowing how closely related you are vs how ok you would be about it. I would be too freaked out to go ahead with it. Alternatively, you could just think: In ten years from now, would you regret turning them down?

Wingmna

Feb 10, 2009
As long as there wasn't a history of cousin marriage/relations then it shouldn't be a problem.

Historically civilisations were built upon most people marrying their cousins. Cousin marriage being 'freaky' is only a more recent idea that came out of, funny enough, the American (USA) South.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
I might, it depends entirely on if they feel like my cousin, if that makes any sense. As long as I didn't grow up with them and/or think of them as family, I'd have no problem with it. The cousins I know I'm relatively close to, meaning I think of them as family, and it would be rather weird to get intimate with them. If I hadn't met them before that day though, I'd have absolutely no problem with it.

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
What two adults decide to do with their own bodies is none of my business.
I have no female cousins so I can't really give a comment but my thoughts would be no as it is right now.

However if my cousin looked like this:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nbTOVoJ8vOo/Te3HZkhwI8I/AAAAAAAAA-U/R6zpfleKpFE/s640/Sexy_young_woman_autodyne_at_home__11_.jpg

Anyone feel like reconsidering?

The Hero Killer

Aug 9, 2010
I would never pursue a romance or anything with ANY relative but I wont lie and say I never checked out any of my cousins or had lustful thoughts.

Wingmna

Feb 10, 2009
Macgyvercas said:
l3o2828 said:
Incest, therefore no.
According to the law, 4th cousin and beyond is legal, since by that point you're so distant that blood ties are almost nonexistant.
Macgyvercas said:
l3o2828 said:
Incest, therefore no.
According to the law, 4th cousin and beyond is legal, since by that point you're so distant that blood ties are almost nonexistant.
According to pretty much very law anywhere, first cousins are legal. Only in a few select States in USA do you need the court's approval (and that is just for first cousins).

Second cousins have the same risk factor in terms of generics then any other couple. Even first cousin the risk is so tiny not to consider it, as long as no prior history is important. When it comes to generics: Smoking, drinking and any number of huge possibilities of hurting an unborn child are much more important to considered.

MPerce

May 29, 2011
For me, hell no, because my extended family is so close. My cousins are basically my sisters, so it would be awful.
If you don't know each other very well and are really distantly related..........I dunno. Your call, bro.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Deathleaper said:
Vindictive God
He won't mind, He's totally into incest. haven't you ever read His first book, The Old Testament?

Jarimir said:
OT: yes and I have (it was gay sex so no chance of kids anyway)
see, that's the way you do it. "ooh, incest might lead to deformed kids!"
"so could pregnant men."

OT: no, because all my third cousins are scandanavian men and about 6 feet tall.
i do have one cousin whose wife is pretty damn hot... does she count?
in fact, my only two blood-related cousins are
-a 10 year old
-her 16 year old brother (i'm counting these two as cousins because i'm not sure what level of cousinhood they are)
-their mother is actually my second cousin
-and a 19 year old.

duowolf

Mar 26, 2011
Sure I don't see why not. It isn't aginst the law and has never been seen as wrong in my country. It's only the USA that seems to have a problem with.

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
lithium.jelly said:
Why the hell not? In most places outside of the USA, sex, romance and even marriage between 2nd cousins or more distant is considered quite acceptable and there's really nothing weird or wrong about it. American culture is full of the weirdest hangups.
No. No, it's not. In fact, certain American states are the only places in the developed world I know of where doing anything more intimate than giving your cousin a hug isn't frowned upon.

Appleshampoo

Sep 27, 2010
Hell no. But then my cousins are all dogs on a good day for them.

IF they were hot then we'd be playing a game of hide the sausage before I'd even finished explaining the rules.

JoystickHero

Sep 1, 2009
DalekJaas said:
I can only guess most of them are children born of incest, therefore being only part formed physically and mentally they can only answer yes as a result before they start raping there mums, dads and pet dogs. /RANT
Welcome to the Escapist, where people will assume you're a deformed mutant bestiality rapist because of how you voted on a poll.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
JoystickHero said:
DalekJaas said:
I can only guess most of them are children born of incest, therefore being only part formed physically and mentally they can only answer yes as a result before they start raping there mums, dads and pet dogs. /RANT
Welcome to the Escapist, where people will assume you're a deformed mutant bestiality rapist because of how you voted on a poll.
no...because you agreed that you would have sex with your cousin, which is really f*cked up.

meryatathagres

Mar 1, 2011
What´s a third cousin? In any case I'd have no problem with it. Don't want kids anyways.

Does it go like this?

cousin=kids of your aunt/uncle
2nd cousin=kids of your parents cousin
3rd cousin=kids of your grandparents cousin
etc.

In that case, I don't even have any idea who my 3rd, 4th and such cousins would be. :p