Poll: You must spend a year locked in a room.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
hmm, well as much as I would like to hang out with Halle Berry for a whole year, the temptation of being able to play EVERY VIDEO GAME EVER is just too much to bear.

Even without internet access I'd pick every game ever. Simply because I can get really annoying when I'm stuck with one person for long periods of time, and that would inevitably end with me getting a slap.

rotkiv

May 15, 2011
TonyCapa said:
24X7X52=8736, that's the amount of hours in a year. Let's say the average game is about 6 hours long, ou'd have to play 1456 games from start to finish to occupy that time. But then again I'd spend the majority of that time playing RPGs and MAG.
a year is NOT 52 weeks it´s 365.25 days.

don´t you think a average game is more than 6 h ? more like 10-15h, not that many games shorter than 6h(if you don´t count short internet games that are med in flash or similar).

The Epicosity

Mar 19, 2011
Sorry, but video games are winners, conversations can only last for so long, but video games, video games are released. *Truimphface*
One of the options should be using a chromebook, so only having internet access, which would probably be the best choice, or having a computer with absolutely nothing but java and some things like MS paint to pass the time. Whew for programmin'.

Chappy

May 17, 2010
Person of my choice, personal reason and before anyone says not sexual.

Thinking about it if time didn't go on outside of this room, and you played all the video games ever to be created haven't you just ruined your own gaming as you will burn out on all those games after a year strait? At least I know I would.

lumenadducere

May 19, 2008
Being trapped in a single room with only one person for an entire year would turn sour pretty quickly. No matter who it is and no matter what you do, it'd be great for a little while but the fact that there's nothing else in the room would make you grow bored with each other - at the very least. At worst you'd wind up completely hating each other, which is pretty bad considering you're the only thing the other person has.

Phoenixlight

Aug 24, 2008
Probably the games, always something new and interesting. You might end up arguing and getting bored of the person.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
I can't imagine the psychological repercussions would be good for either person, so I'm going for the games. If you seriously have no other form of entertainment than each other, you're going to drive each other crazy within a couple of months. I mean literally crazy.

Versus, vegging out with the games for a year. Yeah, I'd probably never want to play another game as long as I live, but it would be preferable to the psychological damage I'd likely incur from having the person.

Now, if I were only locked in the room for a week or so, give me Scarlet Johansson.

Pietho

Nov 6, 2008
I choose the video games. Humans are by and large pointless and redundant as company... and you can only kill them once.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
A year is an awfully long time, 365 days, I would choose games, as if it was another person we would inevitably end up getting on each others nerves, falling out, and hating each others guts, blaming them for the situation. Also after a solid year of games I would be the greatest video game encyclopedia ever!

Willowleaf

Jun 27, 2011
Is this a 4 meter x 4 meter room? Because if that's in feet I literally wouldn't be able to lay down comfortably, much less share the room with another person without having to smell someone that hasn't bathed in a year that closely. o_o

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
i might just take some random really hot chick, but a year is still a pretty long time. beeing looked in a room for a week with NOTHING to do (no tv, no people, no games - nothing) starts making you a bit insane. Also spending all your time without a break with a person doesn't really work in the long run, i drove 18 hours straight with a bloke i met on the internet when i moved and we mananged to talk most of the way, but in the last hours we sort of ran out of things to talk about.. now i imagine doing that for a year..

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
From a preference standpoint i'd say the person of course, social contact is the most important thing in my life, i'll take that over videogames any time. In times of crisis we band together, so even if the person had nothing in common with me, if im locked in a room with them for a year we could find common ground after a little while, I have no doubt about that.

On the other hand though, by choosing a person, its my fault im then taking a year of their life away. So if we're looking at it in that logical way i'd say no.

So probably videogames. But i'd seriously be bored by the very first day if all I had was a bed and a games console/PC with no internet access, and can't leave or do anything else. It would drive me absolutely insane... I can't play most games for more than a few hours at a time even in my current situation, I get "gaming burn out".

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I would have to go with the games. Because even with my best friends we start to argue at the dumbest things after 10 hours. After a year one of us would be dead. So yea games.

Skoosh

Jun 19, 2009
I chose videogames. Stuck alone with one person with nothing to do? That's hell, just look at "No Exit" by Sartre.

With videogames though it would be better if you said multiplayer online and such were fine, just no communication or maybe say there's bots or something. So many games left out if you take away all multiplayer and online. I suppose playing through all those RPGs getting every sidequest would take a substantial chunk of it at least...Probably go on a Sims binge sometime near the end there while I crave social contact, haha.

The real question is how would you go about playing all those games? Jump around, a day on one game, a day on another? Or just stick with a series until it's completely done? Oh, and would we have a complete catalog of games, or have to request them by name from memory? It would be nice to just browse a big library full of games and decide what to play based on covers and such, because eventually I'd probably run out of ideas for new games to play.

ZeroAE

Jun 7, 2010
The guy Im in love with.
A whole year with nothing to do in a room? Something is gonna happen.
Im such a genius.