Poll: Your game of the year.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
JeanLuc761 said:
Custard_Angel said:
How many people still play Mass Effect 2? Who still talks about it? Who still cares about it?

The answer to all 3 of those questions is "a fraction of the people who were hyped about the game after launch".
You clearly haven't been to the Bioware websites. The game may not be discussed nearly as often on public forums, but damn near everyone I ask (who played Mass Effect 2) still plays it and loves it. And EVERYONE who's played it is going borderline insane waiting for Mass Effect 3.

That said, and unsurprisingly, my vote goes to Mass Effect 2 this year. The gameplay was improved, the focus on the characters rather than the Reapers was a brilliant move, and the presentation is almost second-to-none.
Yeah. Geez, I probably have played it about once a month since it came out. And it's still as much fun as the first time

JoeKickAzz

Feb 22, 2009
My game of the year has to be Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker. This game is the only reason i bought a psp, its AWESOME. Took like 15 hours to beat the campaign, but theres so much more left to do afterwards. Got 50 hours of gameplay, and not even close to 100%ing the game. Peace Walker deserves to be Game of the Year

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
If the season ended today, I'd say New Vegas, but it'd be a tough call for me between it, Napoleon Total War, and Victoria II.

Let me finish FNV first.

Spawny0908

Feb 11, 2009
Hands down Red Dead Redemption! Damn near everything about that game was perfect. Biggest letdown? That's a toss up between Alpha Protocol (SO much potential not realized!!) and Crackdown 2 (a dumbed down version of the first)

Spawny0908

Feb 11, 2009
Strange21 said:
Samus Aaron said:
Red Dead Redemption was the only (okay fine, not actually the ONLY one) non-sequel/prequel video game and it was fakking awesome. Plus, undead nightmare DLC is coming out! Only thing better than Zombie Nazis is Zombie Comboys!

RDR gets my vote.
RDRedemption is a sequel to RDRevolver though.
not a direct squeal. it has a different story, characters, and locations. so more spiritual successor than squeal...

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
DustyDrB said:
JeanLuc761 said:
Custard_Angel said:
How many people still play Mass Effect 2? Who still talks about it? Who still cares about it?

The answer to all 3 of those questions is "a fraction of the people who were hyped about the game after launch".
You clearly haven't been to the Bioware websites. The game may not be discussed nearly as often on public forums, but damn near everyone I ask (who played Mass Effect 2) still plays it and loves it. And EVERYONE who's played it is going borderline insane waiting for Mass Effect 3.

That said, and unsurprisingly, my vote goes to Mass Effect 2 this year. The gameplay was improved, the focus on the characters rather than the Reapers was a brilliant move, and the presentation is almost second-to-none.
Yeah. Geez, I probably have played it about once a month since it came out. And it's still as much fun as the first time
I'm on my seventh play through so......

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
ME2 without a doubt.

Launched in january, and really, there hasn't been anything that came close.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
Mass Effect 2, all the other I either never had the chance to play, don't interest me based on gameplay, or have inexcusable flaws that take them out of the running. I'll let you get which is which, see if you can get it right.

aLivingPheonix

Feb 26, 2010
DustyDrB said:
Well, I still have one game left to buy for sure this year in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhoood (which we can go ahead and shorten to Ass Bros).
I love you, just because of your nick name for AC:B. I will commence using said nickname, if that's alright with you.

I can't really make a decision at the moment, because my second contender (Ass Bros) has yet to be released.

For the time being, I'd say Halo: Reach.

linwolf

Jan 9, 2010
Minecraft, it's more fun than any other game that I have brought this year.
disclaimer, when I buy Civ V I might have to rethink this.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
1. Nier...
2. Minecraft...
3. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call Of Pripyat...
4. Mass Effect 2...
5. Enslaved Odyssey to the West...