Poll: Your presence on the Escapist.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
I'm bad about reading the names unless their avatar catches my eye. Also when people frequently change their avatar, it makes it hard for me to follow who posted what. I'm not on here much, posting once or twice a month maybe. I've probably had discussions with some of you, posted replies or been replied to and I just have a bad memory. Also: Wow, I joined in 2008 and I haven't broke 1000 posts yet. :O

Let's see who I easily recognize going through every post and looking at every name:

shrekfan246 said:
Your avatar always catches my eye for some reason.
PsychicTaco115 said:
I don't see you much anymore since your news posts went away.
Vigormortis said:
I see your name a lot. And apparently you're on my friends list too... I'm not a very good friend :(
Signa said:
Your avatar never gets old. :)
Xan Krieger said:
Your avatar... I fall for it every time.
Ten Foot Bunny said:
Your avatar never changes? But it catches the eye. Plus, you're a ten foot bunny so... Wow.
I think 8 of you (by the vote at the time of my post) are either conceited or silly. :p

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
You don't see it?

Are you blind?!

It's sad and adorable looking, why don't you see what I see?!

I SWEAR TO GOD I'M NOT CRAZY.
See what? What re you talking about?

*backs away slowly*

maffgibson

Deep Breath Taker
Sep 10, 2013
I recently migrated from "serial lurker" to "occasional poster", and I have to say I am glad that I have dipped a toe. I am pretty sure that the first time I was quoted in a positive manner I went "SQUUEEE!"

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
I tend to be wordy and post in response to a lot of controversial topics. That combination does not tend to make one many friends. Some around here may recognize me, but I'd be surprised if that recognition was laced with much positive sentiment.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Eh, I think some people recognize my name, considering I recognize several others that I frequently speak with in these threads. That's about it though, some might recognize my name from posting, most probably don't.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I chose the third alternative with "some people recognize me".
I don't post that much, goes up and down and of course depends on the topics at that given moment, sometime it takes days between posting and sometimes I can post 10 or more in one day.
Then I have my two usergroups I post in fairly regularly (Barclays Premier League and WiiU)

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
No one knows me.
But I know all of you. ;D

Edit:
Nah, who am I kidding? I'm a pretty lonely bird here.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Neonbob said:
Good question, you reanimated pisces :p
Please, I prefer the term 'resurrected'.

Glad to see the whale nukin's still going strong! =D

Not The Bees said:
And this is why I love you...

[HEADING=1]HEY GUYS! PAY ATTENTION TO THIS GUY! [user]ZOMBIE FISH![/user], PAY SO MUCH ATTENTION TO THEM!!!!!! [/HEADING]
...I'm scared.

Other words you said
If you click the blue link at the top of a quote then it takes you to the original post. Just if you didn't know that already.

TL;DR: Scarim was talking about not being mentioned in threads like "Which users would you take to a bar?", "Which users do you like the most?" etc.

I don't really know anything else about Zombie...
You can ask, y'know. =P

lacktheknack said:
Take heart, Stupid Sexy Sassyfrassy! THERE IS ALWAYS 100K POSTS.

Then we'll be recognized! I'm sure of it!
Has anyone hit that number yet? I stopped keeping track of highest post counts after people started reaching 50k.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Well I've been on these forums for years and years, but I never really ventured into the most social places namely user groups and forum games. But I suppose that after posting every now and then for years I reckon my avatar has become a little recognizable. I haven't been extremely active lately though, mostly thanks to a new-found social life, so maybe I've already become mostly forgotten. Ah well.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Pretty sure no-one here knows I exist. In the past couple of "Name as many Escapist members as you can" threads, I wasn't named (or avatar-described) even once. I've been here for years but I mostly keep to Gaming and Off-Topic.

I value all the advice you guys can give in terms of games, and occasionally other things, but I've lately been finding it difficult to find reason to post anything other than out of boredom.

clippen05

Jul 10, 2012
Been here a while but don't post all that often. Would assume that only a few people probably recognize me as 'that one PC elitist.' I made some noteworthy threads on topics inside gaming (mechanics and gameplay) but don't enter the social issues in gaming threads much, so I'm not that big.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I don't really know. I've been here for six years (six years? What the hell, time?) and my post count is bearing down on five figures, but I've never gotten very involved in any usergroups. I kinda hope that my frankly fabulous avatar makes up for my cringeworthy username (I was 14. I was a dumb kid.), but I never really got the impression anyone paid me that much attention. Now excuse me whilst I go wipe the tears out of my keyboard.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
TheRightToArmBears said:
I don't really know. I've been here for six years (six years? What the hell, time?) and my post count is bearing down on five figures, but I've never gotten very involved in any usergroups. I kinda hope that my frankly fabulous avatar makes up for my cringeworthy username (I was 14. I was a dumb kid.), but I never really got the impression anyone paid me that much attention. Now excuse me whilst I go wipe the tears out of my keyboard.
I always liked your username...

*realises that I have the sense of humour of a dumb kid*

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Zombie_Fish said:
Neonbob said:
Good question, you reanimated pisces :p
Please, I prefer the term 'resurrected'.

Glad to see the whale nukin's still going strong! =D
I was unaware that you guys had preferential terms.
*flying star*
The more I know...
And of course it is! A man's gotta have a hobby.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
TheRightToArmBears said:
Good name. Gooder avatar. All shall bow before Lord Licky The Cat.

No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering! >:D

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
I don't exist...

no really I don't

And when I do I say something that p!sses the mods off

dmen77

Apr 19, 2011
Nobody even knows I exist, but if you have the signature wall background, I have been there the entire time.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Zombie_Fish said:
lacktheknack said:
Take heart, Stupid Sexy Sassyfrassy! THERE IS ALWAYS 100K POSTS.

Then we'll be recognized! I'm sure of it!
Has anyone hit that number yet? I stopped keeping track of highest post counts after people started reaching 50k.
No, Sassafrass is still the glorious leader at 70k.

SOON, MY DEAR FISH. SOON.