Preferred Melee Weapon Choice?

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
The Crovel
Seriously, there is almost no type of melee combat it cannot do. Freaking awesome.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
For real melee weapons, I already own all of my favorites... and I'd be hard-pressed to choose between my Hanwei rapier, my custom katana, or my boar spear.
Though I suppose the one I use most would be a considered a crowbar. Technically that would be a misnomer, though... it's three feet long, and it's called a wrecking bar.

As for what I want... lightsaber. Orange blade, dual-phase for a 90cm setting and a 150cm setting. [/starwarsgeek]

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
Choice #1: Nodachi, battle ready
Choice #2: Kukri machete, 22" 1055 carbon steel
Choice #3: A combination of a saber and katana of my own design. This would be #1, but I don't have the means to make or acquire one. Yet.

AzureRaven

Jul 21, 2011
In a game, probably a scythe.
In real life, either some sort of short sword/kodachi(Possibly 2 to dual wield)...or just a simple metal baseball bat.

Kais86

May 21, 2008
Mjolnir. You can thrown it and it will return, throw lightning bolts with it, it gives you super powers, allows you to "fly", and it hits really freaking hard.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
soul reaver
not only does it steal peoples souls, it also is inhabited by the soul of one of the coolest gaming characters ever, a zombie-vampire.

IronStorm9

Jun 15, 2010
Motherfucking ballistic knives! Carrying two of them around and puncturing people with flying knife blades! *Bliss*

elbowlick

Jul 1, 2009
I think I'd go with a splitting maul, maybe even a monster maul if that isn't too heavy. I think improvised weaponry is awesome and while it isn't as flexible as an e-tool or...crovel, what the fu-I'm confident it can still get most jobs done. The only problem I have with it is that it doesn't have a pokey-stabby method of use.
Tonfas are pretty sweet, too and have the added benefit of being non-lethal. Same with telescopic batons, if they didn't get jammed so easily.
Normally, I'd say something batshit like the Dragonslayer from Berserk just becaue it's pretty friggen sweet. Or maybe a sword of Western construction but katana-like dimensions (except with a really broad blade). Kukri's are also pretty bitchin'.

Oh yeah, and punching thing to death is pretty cool, too.

Tipatap

Aug 7, 2011
Myself, of course! MMA and Krav Maga makes me on par with most melee weapons.

But, if I do have to choose, then I'm going for a titanium quarterstaff. 30 inches long, inch and a half diameter, spike on one end.

Swifty714

Jun 1, 2011
Chainsaw staff.

Nothing like cutting down your enemies with two chainsaws on the end of a very long stick.

Buttmunch Chicken

Aug 15, 2011
Ultimate Frying Pan of Death from Dead Rising and Dead Rising 2 [When you put a Frying Pan on a Stove and you get the "Used Stove Bonus" and then you can melt zombies faces]

That or Kate Hudson.
Why? Because she's skinny, has been on too many commercials lately, and may have had a "boob-job" that is as obvious, and damning, for her more than any other celebrity getting one seeing that she has been relevant for a while and was flat-chested, which makes the below average results pathetic. She needs to get hit, or hit something else. Also... she probably only weighs about 80ilbs and she's pretty hot still, so I wouldn't mind carrying her around.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
M0rp43vs said:
I prefer a nice rod(Boy the phallic implications of that! Freud would blush)
In real life, I don't like bladed weapons such as knives. They are personal but a little TOO personal. I prefer weapons that subdue than cut

Now a nice long blunt weapon like a walking stick, a shillelagh, a quarter staff,a Bo staff, broom handle with the end removed or, my favourite, a pvc pipe filled with sand, those say, "nothing personal, but I'm gonna beat the living shit outta you if you attack me".

Maybe it's just because I'm trained in them but with their long reach, their weight and use of force=radius of swing x weight, I just like the feel of them.
agreed but if i needed the weapon to kill id take the go old combo of hammer and shield it has all the offense you need and the defense as well:)

shadow_Fox81

Jul 29, 2011
Cricket bat, english willow preffered but anything will do so long as i get the dull satisfying crack.

Composer

Aug 3, 2009
well i have this gas weed whacker with an edger blade.... so if i break the safety guard of it makes some sort of spear with a spinning blade on the end....sounds good to me
crop52 said:
RaNDM G said:
gostlyfantom said:
combat shovel is the best weapon of all time.
Like this? *snip*
No guys, what you really want, is this.

Watch the entire video.
oh my god they come in a multitude of colors!!!
gotta collect em all