Preferred Melee Weapon Choice?

Galaxy Roll

Jul 28, 2011
The Bardiche. I have a soft spot for polearms.

Oh, and Renaissance swords. They appeal to love of fencing-capable cool swords.

Also Tizona

Because it was held by this guy

Toaster Hunter

Jun 10, 2009
A small hand axe (paired with a shield). Its sharp as a sword for cutting but can also bludgeon if necessary like a mace.

ZRendZ

Jun 9, 2011
Real weapons
Looks: Halberd
Actual usage: Killag
Fictional weapons
Looks: Crystalforge Axe
Actual usage: Exaccus

Dominic Burchnall

Jun 13, 2011
A pair of hooded retractable Kama blades. Just so you know, kama are a pair of short, wide bladed daggers designed to be gripped so the blade protrudes over the knuckles. a "Hooded" kama has an additional plate to protect the users' forearms. Basically a more overt version of the AC wristblade.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
Zweihander.

What's not to like about nearly 2 metres of SWORD!?
"What about if something gets up close?" I hear you ask! Well you must not have heard me the first time.

2. METRES. OF. SWORD!

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
A halberd.

I just love how it looks when being manipulated by someone in complete control of it. And it slashes, stabs and crushes. Utility and style, what more could I want?

UnknownGunslinger

Jan 29, 2011
Dwarf bread from Pratchetts Discworld books :p
Not only is it the best and most terrifying weapon one could ever wield, but will enable you to survive for days (by making you realise you are surrounded by things that look more edible) and never will go stale, possibly because it was always stale.

T.D.

Feb 9, 2011
A rapier, Dual Tonfa or a Bo (not as in bow and arrow).

Tonfas probably my favourite though if I had to choose.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I would like a modest-length mace, long enough to be swung one-handed (leaving the other hand free to hold, say, a handgun or a shield) or two-handed (for more powerful attacks).