Pregnant teen who drinks 32 units of alcohol a week

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Ghostkai said:
Fieldy409 said:
im not sure i believe this story tbh, why would she happily explain what an evil ***** she is to a newspaper?

captcha says 'mother approved' ...huh....
She originally sold her story to one of those "girlie mags", like Hello! or one of the others. The papers picked it up from there.
even more reason to believe its fake, shes making money out of it.

EternalFacepalm

Feb 1, 2011
savory said:
imo she is having an abortion, I mean... I doubt there's much of a chance the baby is gonna survive that. If it does survive it's gonna be one crazy mutant baby, or at least brain dead.
Mutant as in somehow-human being, or mutant as in super mutants (as the ones from Fallout 3)? Because that can be potentially awesome.

Anyway, why not just get a casual abortion?
JWRosser said:
I hope for the baby's sake that it's ok/survives.
I actually hope it doesn't, considering how awful his life will probably turn out to be, what with fetal alcohol syndrome and all.

NickCooley

Sep 19, 2009
It'd be nice if just for once we could have a story like this without over reacting morons screeching "LOST FAITH IN HUMANITY" or some equally moronic douche bags proposing their own favourite form of Eugenics.

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
Vicarious Reality said:
Spot1990 said:
Halceon said:
Umm, how much is a "unit"?
A bottle of beer, glass of wine or a shot. One drink basically.
Good thing all glasses on earth have the same internal volume then.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_of_alcohol

Should be a bit clearer.

"One unit of alcohol is defined as 10 millilitres [of ethanol] in the United Kingdom"

A large glass of wine is about 3 units.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Well ultimately it's still her body and the rights of the mother come first. That's the same argument I use for justifying abortion so following from that I would certainly tell her to stop, but I don't think I can justify forcing her to.

That doesn't mean I find her any less of a repugnant wretch than anyone else but I try my best to avoid any hypocrisy in my views.

tbh I can't understand why she would want to keep the child and yet also want to seriously risk it's health. The article says she doesn't want to seem boring to her friends... but I hope she isn't really that pathetic and fickle because otherwise that kid is going to have enough troubles without the inevitable brain damage. It seems she wants the kid but then thinks her social life is more important than it's LIFE. Screw it, I'd just punch her right in the face.

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
Its a child having a child, and she is behaving like a child.

Telling the papers is her attention seeking, and her going out on the piss in spite of all other logic to the contrary is just her way of throwing a tempertantrum at the fact that she is pregnant.

She'll either cop on when the bump starts to show and people start looking at her, or the child will die.

Selfish, stupid and ultimately childish.

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/dailymail.co.uk/comment#comment

The comments on this website don't call it very trustworthy.

Edit: However, I think abortion would be best in this case.

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
Littlee300 said:
http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/dailymail.co.uk/comment#comment

The comments on this website don't call it very trustworthy.
Reread the OP please, I mentioned why the Dail Mail source is there.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I'm young and I don't feel ready to stop my life.
Well, that's kinda fair enough.
What she's doing is pretty stupid but I don't think it warrants the "GO DIE, YOU STUPID EVIL WHORE!" response. She's obviously not mature enough to have a child but that doesn't mean she's evil or vile.

Drinking while pregnant (even excessively) doesn't mean that her baby will definitely die or that it will definitely have Foetal Alcohol Syndrome (same with smokers getting lung cancer, high risk but not a certainty). Obviously there's a big chance but it's her body and it's unnecessary for people to be so judgemental about some girl they know nothing about just because she isn't the perfect vision of abstinence while pregnant.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
I don't know what's worse - the pure stupidity of this dumb harlot and the fact she thinks she's even got a leg to stand on, or the poor kid that she'll fumblingly attempt to raise that'll grow up with severe mental handicaps because she couldn't keep her hands off the fucking bottle.

I never drink. Surely she could manage the same thing for just nine Goddamn months?