Prototype 2 Pits Mutated Hero Versus Mutated Hero

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
unacomn said:
I smell co-op.
I'm waiting for m night shyamalan to come out and say "what a twist."

Seriously though, I call it now, Mercer becomes your ally and you fight a greater evil, maybe Mercer's sister, so yea, I'm smellin a little of coop as well.

chibivash

Apr 2, 2010
i hope they fix the targeting system. i remember getting motion sick in the game because of it.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
Hopefully it'll use these 2 years to polish itself out nicely, unlike the first game which could have been a masterpiece of it had just used a couple more monthes.

E-Penguin

Jun 7, 2010
Loud Hawk said:
Well seeing as we never played as Alex Mercer, we only played as his corpse after it had been reanimated by the Blacklight virus, so in Prototype one we were the virus.
"Cough" Spoilers "Cough".

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
I like idea of playing against the original hero, brings me back to the fun Shadow V Sonic fights in Sonic Adventure 2 for some reason.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
Tsaba said:
unacomn said:
I smell co-op.
I'm waiting for m night shyamalan to come out and say "what a twist."

Seriously though, I call it now, Mercer becomes your ally and you fight a greater evil, maybe Mercer's sister, so yea, I'm smellin a little of coop as well.
Actually, the big bad would be Pariah.

Also, I agree, that's probably what's going to happen, as they said they wanted co-op in this game, though it could be more like versus across the whole of NY.

Possibly, you're chasing out each other and the whole area is filled with soldiers and virus sensors, whenever you become reveled the other player gets an arrow point towards your direction.

JuggaloX13

Mar 31, 2010
I don't like this idea. I like Mercer's corpse.

That just shows the creators couldn't come up with a decent story for the existing hero.

linkzeldi

Jun 30, 2010
Maybe they'll take yahtzee's advice and depower the whip, and stop sending so many damn helicopters.

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
I never have really considered Alex Mercer to be the 'good guy', after all, most of what I do in that game is just destroying half the city, so I don't think I'll have any qualms about killing him. I reckon we might get to choose to fight as either Alex or the new guy, and then battle it out in a finale.

They might add a co-op, I don't think it will be bad for the game, but I don't think it will be good for it either.

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
These two need to team up and then go after PARIAH. Destroying New York City is a good start, but why stop there when you could take out half the continent as collateral damage alone?

My question is, how is the outbreak still going? I thought this had been taken care of by the end of the first game? Or at least, down to a point where it was easily controlled and on its last legs.

Cookiegerard

Aug 27, 2009
Bah! I was hoping for a more military focused one, as in you have the full support of the military....

wammnebu

Sep 25, 2010
so alex mercer was transformed into an all powerful monster by some craxy dude he now wants to kill, and now
james heller was transformed into an all powerful monster by some crazy dude he now wants to kill.
when will this cycle end?

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
Bizarre. I think I'm more inclined towards this one, seeing as this is a grown man who doesn't walk around with a hoodie under a jacket, with the hood up. A person who really has lost everything, a person with real motivations, a person who isn't a douchebag?

This may be premature, but I think I'm in!

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Uh, this is going to be interesting!

Actually I don't need too much new stuff, just general polishing with a bunch of new features would be enough.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Sennz0r said:
Meh, can't say I'm drawn in by this. Prototype was fun, but I wonder how they'll manage to keep it fresh while using the exact same location from the first game. I also hope the powers will get tweaked, along with the targeting system, which was a ***** to work with.
an maybe make some side missions that are fun.

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
Fuck yeah, the first Prototype was awesome. Most cathartic game ever, I'll keep an eye on this.

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
Wouldn't it be the other way around? That this sergant is the new antagonist, and that Mercer has to fight yet another abomination by his own hand. Sure, the title says murder your maker, and all that, but this could be just like they did with Meltzer with Bioshock 2. Try to set things up like you're making a protagonist and make him fit another role than main character.