Prototype 2 Pits Mutated Hero Versus Mutated Hero

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
Sennz0r said:
Meh, can't say I'm drawn in by this. Prototype was fun, but I wonder how they'll manage to keep it fresh while using the exact same location from the first game. I also hope the powers will get tweaked, along with the targeting system, which was a ***** to work with.
Have it be like Crackdown 2. Keep the same basic layout of the city but make it much more... destroyed.

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
this isnt my name said:
Loud Hawk said:
Well seeing as we never played as Alex Mercer, we only played as his corpse after it had been reanimated by the Blacklight virus, so in Prototype one we were the virus.
Yay I still havent played that game and avoided the spoilers till now <_< (well aware im in a thread about a sequal, but didnt expect much in terms of spoilers, just the end boss (dont mind its usually just a name) and the new motives for the character).

Anyway I think that mercer infected him because he realiss he is the next step for humanity, he killed way more infected on his own than military did, so making others like him speeds up the clean up of the infection.
But Mercer is the one spreading the infection in the first place. Making more like him would just speed the process.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Alright, Radical Entertainment. You have my attention.

All I can hope for is that they don't botch the story.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Tsaba said:
unacomn said:
I smell co-op.
I'm waiting for m night shyamalan to come out and say "what a twist."

Seriously though, I call it now, Mercer becomes your ally and you fight a greater evil, maybe Mercer's sister, so yea, I'm smellin a little of coop as well.
What was so bad about his sister? She was a nice person.

OT: Good god yes! Want want want, nay need! I have waited for this for a while. I hope we get to figure out what Piriah is doing.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
silver wolf009 said:
Tsaba said:
unacomn said:
I smell co-op.

Seriously though, I call it now, Mercer becomes your ally and you fight a greater evil, maybe Mercer's sister, so yea, I'm smellin a little of coop as well.

OT: Good god yes! Want want want, nay need! I have waited for this for a while. I hope we get to figure out what Piriah is doing.
Because she was unconscious at the end of the game because of:

My guess is that she's still alive inside of Alex's sister

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
You know what? I never finished the first game, but I did enjoy it. For completion's sake I might do that before I play this.
anthony87 said:
Exterminas said:
Does anyone else think that it's kinda pathetic how console developers milk their horribly aged engines für sequels? This trailer could have been for prototype one, for god's sake. Even the plot seems to be the same as in the first one (Go, kill your maker).

Why is this a second game if there is zero innovation to it?

Edit: World of Warcrafts Engine is ten years old and they still can squeeze stuff out of it that amazes. How old is prototype one? Three years max? Why can't they do anything innovative with it that doesn't look exaclty like the previous one?
PC snob/troll is snob/troll.

OT: This looks pretty damn interesting. I can imagine an awesome boss fight or against Mercer. It's always sweet to fight against an enemy who's pretty much your opposite.

Also, did anyone else think Dante/Nero when they watched the trailer or was it just me?
I thought Golden Sun personally.

linkzeldi said:
Maybe they'll take yahtzee's advice and depower the whip, and stop sending so many damn helicopters.
Why the hell would they do that? What sane individual would get tired of karate kicking helicopters?

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
I'm more wondering about that piece of building falling off from the explosion...does that mean we get destructable environments? Because that would make running around killing everything even more awesome.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Tsaba said:
silver wolf009 said:
Tsaba said:
unacomn said:
I smell co-op.

Because she was unconscious at the end of the game because of:

My guess is that she's still alive inside of Alex's sister
Were never told that she was infected or that she had even been reversend consumed by greene if she really was trying to get herslef into Dana's mind. She showed no symptoms of infection and all we know is that she was "Unconsious but stable". For all we know she could be fine with the exception of a few years night terrors.

If this becomes a converstion and we keep having to use spoilers, then this is going to start feeling very cloak and dagger.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
I completely neglected this announcement. I loved Prototype. Good game to fuck around. It's kinda hard to be hyped about this when ME3 and TE 5 have been announced.

linkzeldi

Jun 30, 2010
I thought Golden Sun personally.

linkzeldi said:
Maybe they'll take yahtzee's advice and depower the whip, and stop sending so many damn helicopters.
Why the hell would they do that? What sane individual would get tired of karate kicking helicopters?[/quote]
Three words. That. Freaking. Helicopter.Mission.

From that point on I began to detest helipcopters, and thus I plotted to destroy every helicopter in the world. However My helicopter away-inator was destroyed by a platypus, so I'm pretty much stuck complaining about it on an internet forum.

TOGSolid

Jul 15, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
I never understood the comparison to Infamous due to how they play and feel incredibly differently. Prototype is essentially just Hulk: Ultimate Destruction 2 sans destroying buildings and your protagonist isn't a big green guy.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
I want them to make a co-op mode where, in the last mission, you have to turn on each other, making your co-op partner also the final boss.

Do this now. Thank you.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
silver wolf009 said:
Were never told that she was infected or that she had even been reversend consumed by greene if she really was trying to get herslef into Dana's mind. She showed no symptoms of infection and all we know is that she was "Unconsious but stable". For all we know she could be fine with the exception of a few years night terrors.

If this becomes a converstion and we keep having to use spoilers, then this is going to start feeling very cloak and dagger.
As you said, nothing is said, but, if I wrote a storyline for video games (which I don't) I would use this as an opportunity to expand a games story line. Is this the angle they could take, maybe, but, it's just my observation and where I think they could go from story wise.

EDIT: not to mention it could make sense why the virus is still going CrAzY!!!

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
If James as the trailer implies wants to go down fighting, then maybe Alex wants to keep him alive for some reason, and perhaps hunting him down is meant to give him the incentive to get stronger.

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
I object to the name "Prototype 2"
It's an oxymoron, as a second design is not a prototype.

Nitpicking aside, I'm pretty stoked for this. :)

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Loud Hawk said:
Well seeing as we never played as Alex Mercer, we only played as his corpse after it had been reanimated by the Blacklight virus, so in Prototype one we were the virus.
might wanna spoiler box that.
OT: This is cool. Now you get to play as a black guy (kidding). Seriously though this seems interesting. I love the first game so I'm sure as hell gonna keep an eye on this