ps3 or xbox

mnmmtz

Apr 2, 2009
Im really into the PS3 yet recently I've purchased a 360 because PS3's lack of games and lack of online play. Yeah im a PS3 fan boy and i have to admit my PS3 is now just an over priced blue ray player while i do all my gaming on my 360.

ultimatechance

Dec 24, 2008
am i the only one confused why we are even engaging in this conversation, despite it being a user review forum, and "another one of these threads"?

dragoniv1

Mar 19, 2009
360!!, all the way, sony took everything out of there ps3 which would have been the only reason for me to get one just to compete with 360 and the wii so yea if I was to ever get one now it would have to be free, and even then only time I would use it was if my George Forman broke. lol Yea i went there all in good fun no hate intended ;)

epicfailgamer

Mar 30, 2009
l Ancient l said:
Xbox 360 = cheaper, doesn't last to long(RRoD), online = $$$, superior online capabilities
dose not last long if u abuse it ive had my 360 2 and a half years not had rrod once

dragoniv1

Mar 19, 2009
xbox 360 = cheaper and dont last that long lol dont know how you treat your system ancient but I still have my first 360 when they first came out and still works like brand new, and trust me I put alot of gameing hours on it. Only reason I dont use it now is b/c I picked up the halo edition 360 when it came out, and it sits right next to my xbox halo edition that still works like brand new as well..come to think of it only thing I have had to replace are 2 play stations, and 3 ps2s hmm

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
This particular thread has been done to blood and death many many times over with casualties... I suggest searching for the ones that were not locked...

Arcyde

Nov 16, 2008
epicfailgamer said:
l Ancient l said:
Xbox 360 = cheaper, doesn't last to long(RRoD), online = $$$, superior online capabilities
dose not last long if u abuse it ive had my 360 2 and a half years not had rrod once
I'm saying it doesn't last as long as a PS3. I just worded it incorrectly.

dragoniv1 said:
xbox 360 = cheaper and dont last that long lol dont know how you treat your system ancient but I still have my first 360 when they first came out and still works like brand new, and trust me I put alot of gameing hours on it. Only reason I dont use it now is b/c I picked up the halo edition 360 when it came out, and it sits right next to my xbox halo edition that still works like brand new as well..come to think of it only thing I have had to replace are 2 play stations, and 3 ps2s hmm

I also had a halo edition xbox on it's release. Now it can read discs, and i babied that console. I've had an original that red ringed (lasted 2 years), A used one red ringed in 2 weeks (that one was a mistake to buy), my halo edition xbox, and now i have an arcade model xbox which has lasted 8 months so far.

akla44

Mar 31, 2009
Jursa said:
This particular thread has been done to blood and death many many times over with casualties... I suggest searching for the ones that were not locked...
well excuse me for being new to your forums but it seems that many here are willing to help, i guess you have nothing to add so why post anything.

comet5002

Mar 27, 2009
I'd love to be a huge jerk and say "Wii" but unfortunately if I did people would just laugh at me considering there's nothing redeeming about it at this point in time. So, Xbox360 fer sher.

TinyToaster

Mar 18, 2009
I've played both and personally going from playing PC games I went to the XboX 360. I dunno why.(I do know but don't want my lawn to have "PS3 ROXZORZ" burnt into my lawn)

midpipps

Feb 23, 2009
One more thing if you are really into RPG's I would have to say PS2 because it definitely has more quality RPG's then any other console.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
It depends on what you're setting up with.

I went with the PS3 because I had just gotten an HDTV and I really wanted to open it up (and not just with games) so the BR player was a very welcome function and there is a difference, if you have an hdtv. I also have a psp and the two work together really well. Free online was welcome but not a big deal to me since most my online gaming was done on the pc but I thought it was great when I first got it, plugged it in, connected to the wifi and immediately started downloading free demos. I didn't even buy a game for a week, just kept downloading demos for my ps3 and psp.

Another pleasant surprise I didn't realize was very cool: how cheap and easy it is to replace the HDD on (more recent) ps3 models.

It didn't come with an hdmi cable but I just got a $7 one of those off newegg. No headset but that came with Warhawk, which you should really get if you get a ps3.

If you have a good gaming PC, you can play most of the 360 games on your pc anyway: you shouldn't miss out on Mass Effect.

But I have to tell you the thing that really turned me away from the 360 was the rrod problem and the sense that their best long term solution is to just keep replacing the ones that break. I don't know about you but that would enrage me if I was in the middle of an engrossing game. And even that didn't completely turn me off until it was rumored that they rushed it onto shelves and ignored the rrod on purpose to be first out of the gate.

That said, I have a few friends who own 360s (only one of whom has actually suffered the wrath of RROD.... Twice though) and we have lots of fun playing on them.

So I generally lean towards ps3 but if you have an sdtv, don't have a psp, and prefer to play (online) on your pc, then you may as well get a cheap 360 arcade. It's half the price; if you don't buy online service. Then again, if you're really into DLC, the 360 may be the way to go as they seem to get much more of that but I wouldn't recommend the arcade model in that case.

Just be glad you asked on this site (which has very few rabid "fingers in ears" fanboys who wont admit to "their" rival machine's benefits) as opposed to some of the other sites. Of course we still have a few as you can see.

runtheplacered

Oct 31, 2007
PxDn Ninja said:
Lios said:
Vlane said:
Lios said:
Neither, they both annoy me. Especially their "fanbases."

PC Gaming shall triumph over all.
The fanbase there isn't really less annoying.
What annoys me about the fan wars between xbox and ps3 lovers is that they can't come up with any good reasons about why one is better than the other, while we who love our desktops and towers can come up with countless pros over the common console.
So, what your saying is their opinion, which doesn't match your opinion, must be wrong and your own opinion must clearly be right.

PC is just another platform for gaming, just like Xbox, Playstation, Wii and others.

To the OP, I like my Xbox when it works, but for reliablity, you can't beat the PS3 or Wii. Of those two, I would go PS3 just because there are more than 3 good games for it.

PC is just another platform for gaming? Excellent, I've entered an insane asylum, apparently.

runtheplacered

Oct 31, 2007
vivaldiscool said:
If you're already a PC gamer, get a PS3, because 80% of Xbox games crossover to PC anyway.
Exactly that right there. I'm mainly a PC gamer, but I bought a PS3, too for just that reason. There's no reason to own a 360 if you're a PC gamer.

I would suggest a Nintendo DS, too. They're fun as hell, but that's another subject, I guess.

PxDn Ninja

Jan 30, 2008
runtheplacered said:
PxDn Ninja said:
Lios said:
Vlane said:
Lios said:
Neither, they both annoy me. Especially their "fanbases."

PC Gaming shall triumph over all.
The fanbase there isn't really less annoying.
What annoys me about the fan wars between xbox and ps3 lovers is that they can't come up with any good reasons about why one is better than the other, while we who love our desktops and towers can come up with countless pros over the common console.
So, what your saying is their opinion, which doesn't match your opinion, must be wrong and your own opinion must clearly be right.

PC is just another platform for gaming, just like Xbox, Playstation, Wii and others.

To the OP, I like my Xbox when it works, but for reliablity, you can't beat the PS3 or Wii. Of those two, I would go PS3 just because there are more than 3 good games for it.

PC is just another platform for gaming? Excellent, I've entered an insane asylum, apparently.
I'll grant you, my work choice might not have been best in that line. Allow me to rephrase:

While PCs can be used for office work and stuff ASIDE from gaming, when you look to gaming in and of itself, PCs are another platform to chose.

When a game starts being developed, part of the executive summary that is planned out involves deciding your target platform(s), which can be PC, X360, or whatever. In that respect is what I was referring to.

disturbed88

Dec 8, 2008
A PS3 is the better the way to go. they have free online and a Blu-ray already in it (which is like 300 dollars alone). also they have better graphics. they are great = )

akla44

Mar 31, 2009
wow lots of replys, like i said im borrowing an xbox for the weekend but im leaning towards buying a ps3 cause like some have said most games for xbox are pc games as well. thanks for the imput :}