Doug said:
midpipps said:
Doug said:
McCa said:
Runnn Fanboys Aproach!

No NOOO its Dingo RUN!

But Xbox

*flees from dingo for his life*
Indeed. I'm amazed he's not turned up yet.
I think the last time I saw his name he was suspended.
Ah... I see.
Dingo was suspended??? They carnt ban dingo he alone is half the trafic to this site... Aside all the fliiping turbine clones...

*screams and runs as an ominus glow apears in the back ground*

Bad Neighbour

Jan 14, 2009
Don't have either, but planning on getting an Xbox. Sony have overdone the PS3 worse than the Nazi's overdid the tiger tank.

Wargamer

Apr 2, 2008
mnmmtz said:
Im really into the PS3 yet recently I've purchased a 360 because PS3's lack of games and lack of online play. Yeah im a PS3 fan boy and i have to admit my PS3 is now just an over priced blue ray player while i do all my gaming on my 360.
I'm always curious where people get this from.

How is the 360 superior for online play?

All the PS3's flagship titles, and many other titles, have Online capabilities.

The Resistance series offers up to 60 player games, whereas most games cap at 32 or so.

LittleBigPlanet is all about Online play.

Warhawk is Online Only pretty much.

The PS3 has plenty of Online Play. Just about the only games that don't are the *gasp* One Player games!

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
McCa said:
Doug said:
midpipps said:
Doug said:
McCa said:
Runnn Fanboys Aproach!

No NOOO its Dingo RUN!

But Xbox

*flees from dingo for his life*
Indeed. I'm amazed he's not turned up yet.
I think the last time I saw his name he was suspended.
Ah... I see.
Dingo was suspended??? They carnt ban dingo he alone is half the trafic to this site... Aside all the fliiping turbine clones...

*screams and runs as an ominus glow apears in the back ground*
Apparently so, but to be honest, the guy can be an ass when he wants to be, so I'm surprised this hasn't happened before.

akmarksman

Mar 28, 2008
I've talked to a few people who have played both systems and they lean more towards the 360 because the XBOX LIVE network service is more reliable than PSN.
Personally I love my 360..even though I'm on my second one.
Yes the library of games for the PS3 is bigger because it's backward compatible with the PS2..but really..why would you want to play another $20 game on a $500 gaming system which was designed for the more expensive and better looking games..like K2 or Resistance..?

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Vlane said:
Lios said:
Neither, they both annoy me. Especially their "fanbases."

PC Gaming shall triumph over all.
The fanbase there isn't really less annoying.
All fanbases are full of dibshits, I own ALL consols and thier all good, he'll just have to decide which one he wants on his own because this is only going to start a flame war.

dragonflygirl

Apr 2, 2009
Even as i only have a wii and a 360, i would have to say that the PS3 is the by far the most powerful and best performer console on the market. but the games that are available for the PS3 have been poor compared to what the PS3 is capable off, plus i can not tell the difference between the graphics of most PS3 games when compared to PS2 ones.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
dragonflygirl said:
i can not tell the difference between the graphics of most PS3 games when compared to PS2 ones.
Compare the shininess.

zestamaster

Apr 3, 2009
ok i prefer xbox360 mainly for it's cheaper and has more games. i know it can play blue-ray
but in the words of ben croshaw it's no better.

Velocirapture07

Jan 19, 2009
Pvt. 1st class Velocirapture peaks his head over the sandbags, aims down the acog scope attached to his sopmod M4 rifle and lets off a three round burst. The console wars have been raging for years, and these 3 rounds are nothing compared to the endless piles of spent shell casings that flood the field of battle....

Console wars!!!!

But seriously the x-box 360 is awesome.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Despite risk to my personal Health from posting here...
I would Say the 360 from personal experience
but...
Both console have a lot of different things to offer to different audiences, so it is nearly impossible to compare them. I won't list them though :p

Tryzon

Jul 19, 2008
Why must people post threads that just *beg* for a flame war or two? For extra credit, it's in the wrong forum with no capital letters in the title and no exclamation mark at the end of the question. Bravo.

To make it very clear, it should be written thusly: PS3 or Xbox?

Someone learned a whole load today, eh?

akla44

Mar 31, 2009
Tryzon said:
Why must people post threads that just *beg* for a flame war or two? For extra credit, it's in the wrong forum with no capital letters in the title and no exclamation mark at the end of the question. Bravo.

To make it very clear, it should be written thusly: PS3 or Xbox?

Someone learned a whole load today, eh?
so do i get a spanking or something??? i guess this forum is not as cool as i thought must be loaded with a bunch of english teachers and smart asses. go ahead and ban me if ya want not a very nice place to hang out anyway. goodbye,.?!& oh wait forgot the capital letters better give me some more lessons.

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
To clear some things up.

tommo8993 said:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3484/3179630409_90df317c9f.jpg cheaper???
Deeply, deeply flawed in many ways. First of all, you should NEVER buy an 80GB model. Especially one of the new ones. Instead, go for the 60GB preferably CECHAxx model. You can usually pick one up (with one or two controllers even) from most reliable second-hand stores for significantly less than the retail price, let's say $300, CND.

Next, why do you NEED a headset? Does your tv have no speakers at all? Are you THAT afraid your neighbors might hear you playing some sort of game? Seriously. Knock that price off.
So far, $300 even.

Next victim: You can't HONESTLY discount one side for pirated games, especially pirated movies. Seriously. Knocked off the list.

A quality ethernet cable will not cost you $14, and the HD AV cable comes standard with the PS3. Removed.

PS2 for backward compatibility?! This is PRECISELY why you do NOT buy the 80GB model. It's a POS. In fact, the 60GB CECHAxx model has almost completely flawless backward compatibility. And WHY THE HELL would you EVER pay $130 for a PS2 at this point in the game?

You can buy one for less than HALF the price in CND funds at a similar place as you can buy the PS3. Which usually fix it/etc for months after the purchase, and include two controllers. Toss in an extra $10 you can buy a multitap, another $30 for two more controllers and maybe add a game or two and you've got something similar to the price you posted.

A 360 can be picked up at most places for roughly $240 CND, with everything standard. OH and $50~ or so for the online support. Whoops.

Accurate price up
PS3: $300~ CND + tax.
360: $290 CND + tax.

Seriously, is $10 ALL that much?

Image clearly created by a fanboy.