PSP Is Go!

0p3rati0n

Apr 14, 2009
-Seraph- said:
0p3rati0n said:
Oh please! Why does Sony keep trying!? They know DS is more popular, advanced, and better. I hope that rumor of Microsoft buying out Sony comes true.
So you think competition is a bad thing? tisk tisk.
only when one side does a crappy job in trying to stay ahead.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
I heard they're putting conversion kiosks in game stores, so you cna download your games onto a memory stick. They might even offer this as an alternative for people without the connection neccesary to get the games.
see I would most likely buy it then if it where also cheap. I too have heard things about those kiosks and that seems rather acceptable. Hell I normally wouldn't buy the same system twice (unless it's tech failure) but having all my games with me on my memory would be the only reason for me to get this.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Megacherv said:
fix-the-spade said:
Having said that the inclusion of a hold button's interesting, maybe increased use as an mp3 player? I still think it's bad piece of design though.
The 'Hold' button's been on there since the 1000 model, it's what freaking broke my PSP (it kept thinking that the Hold switch was on)
Oh, my mistake.

In that case it presents another way to break things...

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Wait, I just thought of something, isn't this more or less how people get games/apps on the iPhone?

Just an observation.....

Mychas

Apr 28, 2009
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/30/rumor-psp-go-revealed-in-june-issue-of-qore/#continued
^ There we have some more pics and a video, for those of you forming opinions from this articla and the picture alone.

Anyway, if the PSP Go! has a touch screen, I would buy it, it's actually pretty good looking in it's closed form, and a touchscreen would make for easy porting of IPhone games.

neuromasser

Jan 20, 2009
I don't believe that Sony will release anything this ugly and expect us to buy it.... I mean really? All fan concepts for new DS/PSP/PSP2 were better than this.

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
Megacherv said:
Ranooth said:
Another device for the DS to demolish, woot!
But I've always thought that the PSP is better than the DS, and I love my little red block of fun. The main reason the DS gets more sales is that it attracts a wider market of casual gamers, which was actually a good marketing strategy on Nintendo's part.
Define "better", is it the quality of games? Volume of sales? Worldwide fanbase? Or how fun it is for you?

In mostly every way the DS defeats everything and you have to admit that this seems to be the last throw of the dice for Sony's dreams of hand-held domination.

Say Anything

Jan 23, 2008
0p3rati0n said:
I hope that rumor of Microsoft buying out Sony comes true.
hahahaha

PSP Go!: Quit being a stupid...thing. Move the start and select buttons above their current position and the analog stick, side by side. Rent out your old spot to another analog stick, because lord knows everyone needs a friend and those analog sticks from the 1/2/3000 are so lonely. Stop with your sliding feature, because you are designed like my phone and it is very uncomfortable to text with it's sliding feature.

v3cks

Aug 6, 2008
How do they still not put two analog sticks / nubs on?! That's the first thing I think of, when the idea of a PSP upgrade comes up. I'm disappointed already.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Ranooth said:
Megacherv said:
Ranooth said:
Another device for the DS to demolish, woot!
But I've always thought that the PSP is better than the DS, and I love my little red block of fun. The main reason the DS gets more sales is that it attracts a wider market of casual gamers, which was actually a good marketing strategy on Nintendo's part.
Define "better", is it the quality of games? Volume of sales? Worldwide fanbase? Or how fun it is for you?

In mostly every way the DS defeats everything and you have to admit that this seems to be the last throw of the dice for Sony's dreams of hand-held domination.
Ok I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks along these lines. Furthermore, when are people going to stop beating up on the casual games market as if it's somehow beneath people to play casual games, develop them, or (heaven forbid) put them on a system? I play "hardcore" games like Team Fortress 2, but I also play "casual" games like Audiosurf. I despise these labels.

Anyway getting back on topic, depending on how they do it, I don't see the PSP Go! allowing anybody to play games on the (hee hee) go, at least not for very long. Seeing as how the PSP went through 3 iterations with zero improvement on battery life, and given how much battery power wireless connections require, well...

Also I see they've decided to stick with that rounded piece of sandpaper they try to pass off as an analog stick. Oh and it now exists in a recessed little alcove of its very own! Hours of arthritic fun!

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
Someone at SCE is going to be in very hot water for this...

I'm not a fan this slide design and smaller screen, though the mock-ups were surprisingly close (though they had two nubs grr..). I just don't see how the slide out control pad and nub placement would be comfortable,though hopefully this won't kill the UMD, otherwise I'll be the proud owner of silver paperweight.

Jumplion said:
Wait, I just thought of something, isn't this more or less how people get games/apps on the iPhone?

Just an observation.....
That and the contracts are why I stay away from the iPhone. I guess I'm not in the target market for portable downloads.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
v3cks said:
How do they still not put two analog sticks / nubs on?! That's the first thing I think of, when the idea of a PSP upgrade comes up. I'm disappointed already.
Because this ISN'T a PSP2!! it's like the psp2000-3000, a simple upgrade (in whatever way you want to interpret). You can't add a second fucking stick in because it would be do more harm than good. This is simply another model/version, not a next generation hence forth you can't add a second stick!! People gotta stop bitching about that...seriously it's gotten down right stupid how people don't think it through.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
sunami88 said:
Oh, and whats with the bluetooth? Seems pretty random, but I guess they're still pushing the Skype thing.
I think it's just because everything else has bluetooth by this point and they don't want it too seem inferior technology wise.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Blood_Lined said:
I have one single question: where in the world is the second analog stick!?
Did the N64 need one? NO. Must I repeat what I just said a few posts up.
*point's to previous post*
It's not up for debate, people just gotta deal with it. Not once have I nor anyone I know ever had trouble with this "design flaw"