Psychonauts Creator Ready to Make Sequel

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
octafish said:
I hope this doesn't happen. Some games are so good they don't need sequels. Psychonauts is one Planescape: Torment is another, Deus Ex is a third. Sequels will only tarnish the memory.
True, I'd usually be inclined to agree with everything you've said.

On the other hand, we're talking Tim Schafer and Double Fine, I'm sure they wouldn't stray too far away from what made the original great, I mean playing Brutal Legend I was seeing heavy influences from Psychonauts' humour style.

OT:

If there is true justice in the world, this will happen.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
This news greatly pleases me.

And come on guys, lets not shoot this full of holes right away, when it's not even in the works yet. Even though I wholeheartedly understand your fears. Try to give him some credit, and give him a chance! =D

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
You know, I never got to play the original, though I heard it's available on Xbox Live, so I'll have to check it out. Still, I heard it was quite good and a modern day sequel could help expand the scope of its popularity, especially with the new rise of want for well written games.

So yeah, I'm looking forward to it. But I think I need to play the original first.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Assassin Xaero said:
I bought this off Steam and still haven't played it yet...
/Yahtzee

Don't make me get my pencil.
Well, technically I played for about 5 minutes to test to see if it worked, since people said it didn't and... uhh... I was going to play it, but... umm... college... and, you know... work in about 15 minutes... so... I... not the pencil! *runs*

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
I don't really think the first needed a sequel. But I guess if the writing is as good as before then it would be worth it. Because phychonaughts is awesome.

Glamorgan

Seer of Light
Aug 16, 2009
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL!!!!!!!!!

Oh wow. I am currently hyperventilating.

This is amazing.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
Oh gods this has to happen. You need money? Here. I have money, you can have all my money. Just do it. I'll even mug the old if you need more

Rebellious_Gate

Nov 8, 2009
WANT WANT WANT WANT!!!!

Please Gods of gaming let Tim find a publisher not too chicken to actually put out an original game for once.

FungiGamer

Apr 23, 2008
teh_Canape said:
someone to back it up?

I'll back it up my damn self, and I'd sell my own damn innards if I have to ^-^
You may be onto something.... QUICK EVERYONE, SEND YOUR ORGANS TO TO TIM SCHAFER

Galaxy613

Apr 6, 2008
YES, YES

SomeBritishDude said:

Please let it happen. PLEEEEEAAAZZZE!!

Whatever your thoughts on the game (FYI if your thoughts arn't that it's one of the greatest things to grace this earth I will hunt you down and kick your arse!) the concept alone means it has more protential then almost any other game.
YES, YES

THIS WOULD BE THE BEST!

Novander

Oct 30, 2009
I used to pirate video games if I didn't have the money for them or wasn't sure about them. To my shame Psychonauts is one such game. I have seen the error of my ways, I don't pirate anymore and I since I got so much enjoyment out of it I accept that I owe Tim Schafer and Double Fine a debt. I promise if Psychonauts 2 gets made, I'll buy two copies.

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
I guess I'll have to finish part 1 then. Stopped playing in the Spain level. Don't ask me why, cause I don't know. Just didn't really get the appeal of that game.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
rabidmidget said:
:D <-- My face right now.
You know that picture in Yahtzee's review of Torchlight at the end... smiling kid as Yahtzee ponders whether it'd have been better to spend money on ice cream instead? That's what I'm at now ^^

I am also kinda building a shrine to Schafer, finally a developer that realises that piracy is not some evil thing that's completely wrong, awful and useless in every single way. Not that that's the only reason I'm building the shrine though. I mean the dude's got Grim Fandango behind him after all.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I must be the only person who wasn't blown away by Psychonauts. It's story was good and original and all, but it was just your standard 3D platformer. Honestly, I would buy a Psychonauts 2, but I wouldn't be sad if it never happened.