Question of the Day, April 24, 2010

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Seems reasonable that the only non-organic and not at all fleshy one would win in a fight to the 'death'.

trueluigi7

Nov 22, 2009
I am seeing pretty much everyone saying robots, I think I am going to start pleasing them as to not become a slave.

Acidwell

Beware of Snow Giraffes
Jun 13, 2009
Obviously vampires would win, zombies don't have enough intelligence to figure out how to kill a vampire and robots wouldn't be able to adapt fast enough to kill the vampires, servos and bolts can only move so fast.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Depending on which fictional universe's rules you pit against which OTHER universes it should be the robots. They just have way more potential than organic (un)life...

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Gotta go with robots. Live other people said, you can't eat or drink them and they live off solar power. Plus zombies are too slow for them and vampires can't really do much against them.

And after few years, all of the undead would starve to death.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
And that doesn't work on Vampire/Robots?
Whilst the general trend for vampires is that decapitation is fatal [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tables_of_vampire_traits#Weaknesses], with robots it depends more on where the main processor is. The head could simply be acting like another limb such as an arm or leg, where the robot would continue to work afterwards, just missing a limb; in this case, a head. Destroying the brain would work for all three, though.

Man, this argument is getting hypothetical.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Taawus said:
Legion said:
exposed to the sun.
Unless they
*gasp*
Sparkle!

''Not vampires'' flamewar in 3... 2... 1...
Admittedly this does make it a hard debate, every film/book/whatever has different versions of them, each with different strengths and weaknesses.

Zombie_Fish said:
Zombies. You can't kill what's already dead.
What ever happened to removing the head or destroying the brain?
True, but Zombies tend to have difficulty making it past barbed wire fencing, so I wouldn't fancy their chances against a Terminator or something, let alone those giant robot tanks they have.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Zombie_Fish said:
Whilst the general trend for vampires is that decapitation is fatal [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tables_of_vampire_traits#Weaknesses], with robots it depends more on where the main processor is. The head could simply be acting like another limb such as an arm or leg, where the robot would continue to work afterwards, just missing a limb; in this case, a head. Destroying the brain would work for all three, though.

Man, this argument is getting hypothetical.
I think it's logical to assume that modern robots would have multiple processors, best if two in each part of the body and 4 in the chest. And they would have the same thing new Intel CPUs use - if one part of the body/processor would get destroyed, the others would work with the power of the one that just went off.

This way, you'd have to smash the robot to pieces to completely destroy it. Or sever all connections, but then all you have to do is wireless connection between all parts...

Yeah, as you can see, zombies and vampires are limited. Robots aren't.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Have to say Robots. We all have roughly the same idea what zombies and vampires are like but robots could be anything.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Trivun said:
And on that note, I vote vampires. Because they can easily tear robots to shreds, are very difficult to kill, and give them a gun and they'll just blow the zombies' heads off.
Agreed.I voted for vampires because of those very same reasons.

Ans I'm a total vampire fanboy.Excluding Twilight.

The_Decoy

Nov 22, 2009
I'm giggling at the fact that they've called it a "Battle to the death" when none of these are actually alive ><

And robots would have the upper hand, they have the smarts and manoeuvrability which the others lack (assuming it's hypothetical robots, not today's which are only just learning to play tetris and solve rubix cubes).

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Vampires are weak as hell, and zombies are even worse. I mean, at least robots can multiply on their own.