Question of the Day, April 24, 2010

NeutralMunchHotel

Jun 14, 2009
Am I the only one who's pissed about this?

For all us regular users VS threads, no matter how interesting, are strictly off limits. However, when Vox Pop runs out of questions, guess what? VS thread! And, herp-a-freaking-derp, it's about something that a regular user would get flamed to hell for - 'LOL ROBOT ZOMBIE VAMPIREZZ!!!11!'.

Hypocrisy much?

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Robots! Always Robots!

Robots have heat beams, Vampires and Zombies are fucked. Also, in a fight to the death, Vampires and Zombies are already dead...

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
vampires. robots wont be viable for another 2 hundred years at least. the most terrifying robot we have now is the roomba. and zombies are so weak a frying pan will kill em

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
Gilbert Munch said:

For all us regular users VS threads, no matter how interesting, are strictly off limits. However, when Vox Pop runs out of questions, guess what? VS thread! And, herp-a-freaking-derp, it's about something that a regular user would get flamed to hell for - 'LOL ROBOT ZOMBIE VAMPIREZZ!!!11!'.

Hypocrisy much?
actually, for all of the complaining regular users make, i have never seen a mod close down a vs thread, im sure there have been some in the past, but i havent seen it.

dragontiers

The Temporally Displaced
Feb 26, 2009
I hate to let my nerd flag show so much, but I just have to point out to everyone who voted robots, androids is what you are actually looking for. Robots are non-intelligent machines only capable of carrying out commands already given them. They are unable to issue new commands or think in any original way. Androids are the ones with the ability to think creatively and do things without an outside force commanding them.
Therefore, I had to vote vampire. Both zombie and robots are mindless killing machines, with only vampires actually able to think outside the box and do what the enemy wouldn't expect. Things like reprogramming the robots to fight the zombies for them, or mind controlling the zombies. A zombies power lies in their quantity, a robots power lies in its impervious-ness to physical attacks, and a vampires power lies in its stealth and creativity. All they have to do is find a place to hide during the day that the zombies and robots won't find them, and they are good to go.

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
Vampires.

Okay, 2012 is only a couple of years away. We don't have anything close to Artificial Intelligence yet, and we wont in two years time. If vampires and zombies existed, I'd place them within the framework that folklore and myth have placed them in history, so that it'd match up with our current time-line/dimension/universe. Working from that, I'd say that vampires would take over. Zombies are slow, and be made the vampire's *****, and well, robots are no where near complex enough to handle humans, let alone vampires.

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
Vampires. It would be no contest between vampires and zombies, since vampires are already infected so they won't be affected by zombie bites or whatever. And zombies are just plain stupid. Robots would be a little trickier, but they aren't actually "intelligent". They're programmed, so they won't be able to adapt well to situations. Vampires are also ten times as strong and fast as a man, and they take a lot of damage to kill. Give them a rocket launcher and everything else is dead.

boeingguy787

Nov 19, 2009
robots would win. why? because they don't have blood, and they don't have brains; just hydraulics and processors. Not exactly an even fight. If you substituted robots for, say, marines, then it would be a different story.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Robots they start by poisoning the Oceans Skys and plants though slowly killing billions of humans and animals.

Zombies and Vampires would be Immune but without living blood bags to feed off of they would starve to death if not wicked and defeated Then the Robots just purge the Remaining Zombies without fear of infection.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
boeingguy787 said:
robots would win. why? because they don't have blood, and they don't have brains; just hydraulics and processors. Not exactly an even fight. If you substituted robots for, say, marines, then it would be a different story.
Lol move over Alien vs. Predator here comes Vampires vs. Zombies.

Lolth17

Queen of the Underdark
Nov 10, 2009
Um, if the robots are geth, they're pretty screwed. Those guys go down pretty easy. Unless of course it's Legion, in which case I'd have to say there'll be a lot of re-dead things lying around.

NeutralMunchHotel

Jun 14, 2009
joshthor said:
Gilbert Munch said:

Hypocrisy much?
actually, for all of the complaining regular users make, i have never seen a mod close down a vs thread, im sure there have been some in the past, but i havent seen it.
No, no, there have been plenty that have been locked. Which makes it all the weirder that they would then have something like this...

Billion Backs

Apr 20, 2010
Vampires. They are smart, they can obviously use tools and modern weapons - cough cough underworld cough shitty movie I know, but still.

Assuming there are any humans or alternative ways for them to feed (plus I'd imagine vampires can starve for a long time without any ill effects), vampires, given their general mythos, are likely to win.

By "general mythos" I mean, y'know, super strength, unable to die unless exposed to daylight or the usual stake through the heart method (or other more exotic methods like cutting off the head and boiling it with garlick, haha)... Well, there's also the river stuff, too.

Although if unnatural light has the same effect as sunlight, vampires would have a problem fighting against robots, who, assuming they have sufficient intelligence and knowledge of vampire weaknesses, would just bring a fuckload of those big lights they use on stadiums and what not.