Question of the Day, April 27, 2010

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Furburt said:
I'm way too hyperactive for that. Hell, I doubt I'd be able to do mind control either, I'd keep getting distracted. I can barely drive in the first place.

No, I'll wait until they get something a bit more idiot proof.
Pretty much this.
Plus, how would I be able to check my mirrors? Or my blind spot? And what if something catches my eye when I'm driving? Will I suddenly veer toward that child darting into traffic because I suddenly saw him? Wouldn't that be awkward?

Yeah, no thanks.

not_the_dm

Aug 5, 2009
But what if you're blind...
[sub]Wait, that was a stupid question...[/sub]
How do you accellerate and brake? Look up and down?

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
That sounds very VERY dangerous. How exactly would you see what's around you? I think I'll wait for mind control.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
So what happens if you look from one side of the dashboard to the other?

KimberlyGoreHound

Mar 17, 2010
Hell no. Way too dangerous, I look around all the time, and the result would be lurching drunkenly through the streets until I'm finally stopped by a tree or a wall.

DaOysterboy

Apr 4, 2010
No, I need a car where I can eat a burger, change the radio station, write a letter to my mom, watch a DVD, learn a musical instrument, work on my term paper, talk to my wife, contemplate the nature of existence, disinfect the steering wheel, vacuum the floor mats, check my email, AND get where I'm going at the same time. Seriously, why can't people just put the phone and burger away until they GET THERE?

Kyuubi Fanatic

Insane Fanboy
Feb 22, 2010
I tend to space out when I drive and go on autopilot. I'm not really sure what my eyes are doing in those situations, so I'd wait for mind control.

Remember my route and set the car to get there. Done and done, nap time!! :)
Assuming traffic doesn't screw with my cars new autopilot >_> Or my dreams interfere @_@

On second thought I'll stick to driving with my arms thank you =/

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
Jaredin said:
Eyes sounds like a bad idea...you look at the pretty woman on the sidewalk and you soon might be wearing her on your bonnet..
My thoughts exactly.
"Look at that hot chick!"
*gazes at here*
*crash*

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Hell no, your driving down a road back from work when suddenly you see a really hot chick walking on the sidewalk, you look at her for two seconds and suddenly you notice she's getting closer and then Bump-Bump...

Congratulations, your now a murder...

Vek

Aug 18, 2008
I wouldn't be averse to the idea, but I'm a fan of automotive racing, and even when driving a regular daily driver car, I like having the feeling of the road you get through the steering wheel.

That said, there'd have to be some sort of indicator system in this eye-based driving that'd indicate loss of traction due to hydroplaning, or to indicate fishtailing and other conditions. You usually can respond to it quickly by feeling the loss of road contact through the response in the steering wheel and correcting.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
No way. I take lots of car trips, and while I'm paying attention to the road, there are often vast expanses of West Texas Road that have nothing going on, so I might look to the sides now and again, or maybe look down to text a message saying "Wow, there's so much nothing out here!", or look down to open my bottle of water or my road snack. Maybe I'll look down at the maps on my phone, to make sure the road I'm going to be turning off on is still 2 hours away. And that's just the countryside. I wouldn't even consider it for urban travel.

tom919

Aug 7, 2009
I couldn't every woman on earth would know that I'd checked her out whilst drving.