Question of the Day, August 25, 2010

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
I'd have to go with Daxter.

I mean, who doesn't love that guy?
Secondedededededededededed.

Having a little weasel on your shoulder is already all kinds of awesome, but a well written weasel to boot? Sign me up.

[sub]And I believe, ladies and gentleman, that this is my 2000th post. Yay me![/sub]

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Liara from Mass Effect totally qualifies, what with the upcoming ME2 DLC.

Hayate_GT

Mar 6, 2010
the companion cube...cause i want to hear it talk...so i can disregard anything it has to say...like GLaDOS said...

jp201

Nov 24, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
Clank. He can kick ass AND turn into a jet!

Calumon: Pikachu. I want a friend who I can talk to at height level when I don't fly.

Won't take calumon?

I'll choose calumon then.

Druyn

May 6, 2010
Well, this a blast from the past for me, but Im going with other: The Fuzzles from Munch's Odyssey. Cute, adorable, small, loyal, obedient, can fit basically anywhere and don't really need to eat or sleep all that often, but at the same time, get one angry and HOLY FUCKING SHIT LOOK AT THE GODDAMNED TEETH. Theyre amazing. I miss the lil' buggers.

They count as sidekicks, right? Not just pets/allies?

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
minus_273c said:
Has to be Alyx Vance, surely?

A damn sight cuter than many of the other suggestion,
a kick ass engineer
and that pistol she has just rocks!
Hellz yeah!

Intelligent, attractive and funny (The Zombine joke counts, right?) Who wouldn't want Alyx by their side?

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
Flionk said:
Gotta go with Tails. He's friendly (if still a bit childish), useful both on-field with his natural flight and as backup with his technical genius, he can take care of himself when he needs to, and he built an airplane that transforms into a combat mech! With lasers!
My thoughts as well. While the others are nice, when it comes down to who would be the most useful to be helping you out, that guy is a hairy little tech wizard or something. The kind of stuff he can put together would go far beyond what the others could provide.

He may not be my favorite video game sidekick, but it's hard not to consider him one of the most useful.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
jp201 said:
Jack and Calumon said:
Clank. He can kick ass AND turn into a jet!

Calumon: Pikachu. I want a friend who I can talk to at height level when I don't fly.
Won't take calumon?

I'll choose calumon then.
Calumon was sort of a main character....

A main mascot character.

Calumon: They didn't know much about me in Japan, but I was still their friend.

A-Heart-Of-Gold

Apr 25, 2010
Navi, 'cause she only gets a few lines so she can't answer back if I do something wrong!

She was also helpful in OoT so she may be helpful towards me!

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
My dog from Fable 2.

Awww, look at his cute wittle face! X3

If I can't have him, then I'd have a pokemon. Which one, I don't know. There's over 500 or so to choose from, but I'd probably only choose from the first 250 or so. (with a few exceptions like Lucario)

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
Tails: Skilled inventor, usually has something useful to say, normally doesn't deliver annoying dialogue, and he can fly.

I would have picked the Companion cube if it came in a smaller size.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Out of those, I'm voting for Clank. Not only is he a lightweight robot backpack with near-infinite storage space, but he's also a heli- and jet-pack. If that wasn't cool enough, he's also a movie star, super spy, computer hacker, robot controller, and just about everything else a sci-fi fan would need short of a Gravity Gun or Force/Lightsaber generator. He's the Swiss-army knife of sidekicks.

BlindChance

Librarian
Sep 8, 2009
First, to all who said Navi (71 votes so far) I have only two, unoriginal words: "Hey! Listen!" Now repeat that A MILLION TIMES. Ugh! No thanks.

I'd go with Pikachu from that list above. He's cuddly.

From all games? I'll take Yorda from Ico, because I'm always forgetting my keys and locking myself out of home.

twcblaze

Lurker Extraordinaire
Jun 18, 2009
I had to go with clank because without clank, you can't double-jump, and who doesn't want to double jump?

I thought about all the uses for an electric rodent... and it would be tempting... but... I think I'd end up killing him after a not too long period of time, that little yellow fool would drive me about as insane as navi ever did