Question of the Day, July 3, 2010

8bitmaster

Devourer of pie
Nov 9, 2009
if you want to know if pc gaming is truly dead, watch blizzard's stock on the 27th and watch it skyrocket as koreans buy sc2 by the bus-load as well as lots of people here. Who wants to get owned by be when that comes out btw? Anyone?

Sep 14, 2009
Banana Phone Man said:
PC gaming is not dead at all. Console gaming is just more popular becuase it's easier. You don't have to make sure a console has has the specs to handle a game, you just plug it in and go. That's in my opinion anyway.
basically this.

consoles are awesome for plug n play, garunteed to work, and USED TO BE co op/split screen games..but those are no where to be seen in a LOT of modern games, which is a massive facepalm to me..

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
PC gaming hardly "reigns supreme" but saying that PC gaming is dead or dieing is just ignorant.

KrazyKain

Jun 2, 2010
Dr. Awesome Face said:

someone had to post it.

And no PC gaming is not dying. Its just not getting quite as much support at the mo
I clicked comments just to see how many posts in this pic would be

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
The Escapist Staff said:
Question of the Day, July 3, 2010

Epic and Microsoft have claimed that it has not abandoned the PC, and it will save PC gaming, respectively. Do you think PC gaming is a lost cause?

the question of the day should be:

"What's your excuse for making such a Trolling poll?"

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
Nope. As a matter of fact the PC remains the most powerful platform for gaming to date!!!

Sep 17, 2009
How can this be a question with Steam not only offering cross-platform PC/OSX games, but having a huge summer sale!?!?

OT: No, I just started PC gaming and I love it.

RobfromtheGulag

May 18, 2010
I certainly hope not. As the one constantly evolving platform it should be a mainstay.

Pirates have hampered game production a bit, but overall it's a moot question because developers will continue to release games for PC regardless. I just hope all those games don't turn into Bejeweled.

Railgun88

Dec 27, 2008
This is stupid. I love PC gaming (even though they don't have all of the games I like). I love the idea that one system with the need for only a couple of key bi-yearly upgrades (depending on your starting rig) can handle all the past and present games is awesome. Also never having to get rid of older games and saves to get a new game that you may need a new system for is awesome. Game developers need to focus some more attention on PC gaming to allow themselves to make more money and oppurtunities for business expansion. Honestly for gaming, as long as you build your rig around the idea you can spend 1k now and a maybe $100 a few years later to play all the games now and ones that are coming. Instead of buying a new system every few years and not even be able to play your old games like the PS3.

PC = Epic.
Console = Fail.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
It doesn't need saving, because it will never die due to the MMO and RTS genres, the MMO genre alone could keep it alive for an eternity.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
A console is a less powered version of a computer without a monitor. If anything, all gaming is PC gaming.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
it's not dead, but it's certainly not supreme except in some minds suffering from delusions of grandeur

aside from gaming, the PC does however, make for a very good social platform (no surprise there?)

but I suppose that's something to be desired for those who don't usually distinguish the two