Question of the Day, June 20, 2010

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Assassin's Creed, hell yeah! Even though the DRM controversy has diminished my respect for Ubisoft massively, I'll still buy their games (only on Xbox and handheld though, no more PC purchases from them until the DRM is removed). They are still a good developer and I still love the Assassin's Creed series almost as much as Halo (and as anyone here will tell you I'm quite the Halo fanboy...). So yeah, definitely looking forward to AC2: Brotherhood... :D

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Andalusa said:
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood so much.
My mother pre-ordered this for my birthday.
She got you the entire play.com website? That's something alright! As in, your clicker just leads to the play.com main page.

Anyway, excited is not a word I would to any of these games. Close to excited by AC : Brotherhood and rather intrigued by Child of Eden. So, Other, in other words....

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
This is all part of a longer thought, so if you want my answer just jump past spoiler
In my mind, there are two kinds of series, theres a series with a good first game, and a bad one. some good ones would be, Halo, Diablo, Civilization(addicting, if you've ever played it)

Some of the bad ones, well most don't become a series if the first suck. Unless your Ubisoft, or someone with equal or greater money and power than Ubisoft.

AC1, (in retrospect for me) sucked. Very linear story for an "open-world" and the good bits got mixed in with the shovelfuls of horse manure you'll get from the game and its traveling sequences. But Ubisoft was set, they were gonna make this whole trilogy(possibly saga, because i thought the original concept for Ubi was for them two have 3 DIFFERENT games, not 2 and one remix) idea go. So they learned(haha a gaming-company learned, how rare) from mistakes, and to me released a pretty gem for me to rub my horse on(not euphemistically of course).

But the unfortunate side-effect of having a good first game, means your second will suck AC1's manure piles. And by the time the developers get to the third they will be soo tired of trying to fight for the to check a fanboy-free inbox, that they will give in and push your wettest dreams through their fingers (ewww..).

On the other side, a bad first game, means a good second, and then a mediocre third, and lots of spinoffs which will usually end with a series with a very large number on the end..

[small]oh shit, so i guess final fantasy just kinda jumped in on the "bad" train and liked it[/small]

And don't attack me for the FF jab. I love the dedication in that series, not particularly... the series...

But

My answer:
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. All though i'd rather jut lone-gun it than play with other large building-climbing men. (ewww..)

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
MarsProbe said:
Andalusa said:
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood so much.
My mother pre-ordered this for my birthday.
She got you the entire play.com website? That's something alright! As in, your clicker just leads to the play.com main page.

Anyway, excited is not a word I would to any of these games. Close to excited by AC : Brotherhood and rather intrigued by Child of Eden. So, Other, in other words....
Hrm, maybe this link will work...

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
I refuse to buy anything from Ubisoft until they remove that god awful DRM and lower the computer game price back to $50. So I like none of them.

Kajamakuji

Nov 18, 2009
Beyond good and evil 2, though I doubt it will be finished. Sad when games which are different and good go unnoticed.

Or the next heroes of might and magic game. They did a pretty decent job with 5.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
I was a bit horrified when i saw Rayman: Origins in the poll. I googled it though and it actually looked pretty good. Kind of a homage to the original game.

I'm cautious with Ubisoft at the moment so i won't jump to buy it just yet, i'm waiting for reviews as always.

The Great Zegrool

Jul 29, 2009
Sammi Costello said:
Furburt said:
I ain't buying any more Ubisoft games until they remove that horrible, intrusive DRM.
They'll remove that when PC gamers stop torrenting their games.
This again? Still haven't met a PC gamer that pirates(In real life, of course we've met pirates[for all platforms] on the internet).

But really, I only want Splinter Cell: Conviction. Without DRM.

ThreeKneeNick

Aug 4, 2009
That new title they call Project Dust at the moment. It's a first person god game as far as i understood it, people compare it to Populous which i haven't actually played myself so that's just another layer of curiosity for me. The trailer looks very nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8nABQLSfmU (i forgot how to embed these...)

skcseth

May 25, 2009
I wasn't even aware of a new Rayman game! I'm excited for a Ubisoft game all over again

Assassin's Creed is going to be the same game it was back in 2007.
Shaun White's Skateboarding looks like a horrible arcade game.
Future Soldier should be good, but I have a feeling it'll try too hard to be MW2 or Medal of Honor.

blalien

Jul 3, 2009
Furburt said:
I ain't buying any more Ubisoft games until they remove that horrible, intrusive DRM. Until then, they do not have my purchase.

Which is fine I suppose, because all of the games look pretty dull.
Yeah, I would totally be boycotting Ubisoft if Ubisoft actually made good games.

G Skunk

Apr 19, 2010
I can't believe I sat through Ubisoft's whole E3 segment bored to tears waiting to hear about Beyond Good and Evil 2. I should've known better.

Jorias

Dec 10, 2008
Eidos, Square, hell even Bungee are better game developers. I am more interested in the relatively new faces in games both good (Crytek) and the bad (Flagship Studios(who aren't existant anymore i know)

I played Assasin's Creed for like 15 minutes and was bored to death. Yes Flashy poofy graphics, some underlatent storyline. But in the end i was asking myself "do i really want to play a game where button mashing is the main form of combat?"

now i know most might think differently, but it just didn't work for me.

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
Semitendon said:
Bethesda makes games
Since when?!

*ahem* Ubisoft has joined the likes of Electronic Arts and Activision.

Gentlemen, we have a new Axis of Evil, we need to get our allies together, Valve is obviously there, who else can we recruit?

Needless to say, fuck Ubisoft, fuck DRM, and finally, FUCK YES! A Rayman game without those stupid bloody Rabbids!

CoffeeOfDoom

Jun 3, 2009
w-Jinksy said:
AC:B seems to be a expansion pack and the only real thing we've seen is "OMG YOU GUYS LOOK WE GOTS MULTIPLAYER TOO" they haven't really shown anything to do with the story of the game.
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/57511/assassins-creed-ii-episodes-project/videos/assassinscreedbrother_demo.html?show=hi

It's early days yet, I'm sure they'll be more info soon, what most people are intrigued about is the multiplayer, so thats what they'll be showing off most.