Question of the Day, June 26, 2010

Cavouku

Mar 14, 2008
Team I See What You Did Thar.

Sneaky flame baiters. I've only genuinely known like, four people here that like Twilight. Whenever I walk by something Twilight related in the stores I have an uncontrollable urge to make a lighter-gesture with my thumb.

I'm not the only one, right?

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
SeanTheSheep said:
SomeBoredGuy said:
Jack and Calumon said:
Team Calumon!

Calumon: Everyone on my team gets cake!

My own personal opinion (Having read Twilight before it was cool to hate) is that the first book was bad, and nothing else, and I never actually read New Moon or the other two, but from what I can tell it's more of the same except the last one has a half-vampire baby burst out of Bella's womb Alien style, which sounds interesting, but then said baby is paired up with Edward's main rival for Bella's attention -native American werewolf Jacob- who is (I think) eighteen at the time.

What the hell Meyer?
You already have beastiality and necrophilia, do you really need to introduce paedophilia into the mix?
That's why I actually liked the last two books (and while I held little hope for them after reading the first two) and thought they were pretty entertaining.

The third one is more of your traditional vampire vs werewolf war. Then the last one is so perverse and absurd, I can't help but enjoy it even if it was a little... make that very anticlimactic. It's hilarious, especially when it involves Dracula himself and the Loch Ness Monster.

SeanTheSheep

Jun 23, 2009
LordCuthberton said:
I choose a third option.

Team guy who almost hit Bella with his car.

That "guy" whose name you act so cavalier towards the name of, has a name.
That heroic "guy" was named Tyler, and the reckless, monstrous Edward destroyed his van.
That "guy" is an example to us all, of what we can try to achieve.

meepop

Aug 18, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
Team Calumon!

Hopefully, no-one realises I voted for Edward.
Whats that, you voted for Edward? I vote for Team Calumon and if that's not an option then I'll vote for Team I Could Care Less. Eat it, Twilight fans!

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
You all realize you don't actually have to vote for either of these right? I mean, if all you're going to do is cuss out the staff for making a QotD you don't like, then you're probably better off just hitting back and pretending there was no QotD today.
Hey, gotta get up that post count, right?

Seriously, WTF is everyone doing? If you don't like the books don't post here. It doesn't affect you. Yet everyone's posting hate for some reason or another. Where are the mods on this?

OT: Since I'm a furry I'm required by law to choose werewolves. It's not my fault! I didn't make the rules!

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Well, since most of you want Calumon so much. I quickly threw up a poster!

Calumon: Don't stop Believing!

DSK-

May 13, 2010
None. Never seen the movies or read the books so nah nah nana nah!

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
wait, why is there all this excitement over Twilight on a GAMING website, there can only be 3 possible answers -
1.Russ Pitts, John Funk AND Susan Arendt are all secretly twitards.(Please don't ban me)
2.The Escapist writer's daughters have hacked into the website.
3.The Escapist is being funded COLLOSSAL amounts of money by Stephenie Meyer, and I mean ALOT, truckloads,5% of the movie's gross. Hell, with the disposible income The Escapist will have they may as well buy China!
P.S. If number 3 is true then uh, can I have some Moneys?

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
Jack and Calumon said:
Team Calumon!

Hopefully, no-one realises I voted for Edward.
THE CAKE IS A LIE, IT'S ACTUALLY A DELICIOUS PIE!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, why did you voted for that team?!

OT: Maybe Team Calumon, or I may make my own team:

TEAM PIANO-FORTE!

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Josh12345 said:
wait, why is there all this excitement over Twilight on a GAMING website (The Escapist has alot more Genre's to fill that, such as Anime, books and movies), there can only be 3 possible answers -
1.Russ Pitts, John Funk AND Susan Arendt are all secretly twitards. (Or they like to watch us suffer)
2.The Escapist writer's daughters have hacked into the website. (Or the one I just said)
3.The Escapist is being funded COLLOSSAL amounts of money by Stephenie Meyer, and I mean ALOT, truckloads,5% of the movie's gross. Hell, with the disposible income The Escapist will have they may as well buy China! (Or maybe because there is that new Twilight film around the corner and it was reported that the actor who plays Edward is related to the real life Dracula)
P.S. If number 3 is true then uh, can I have some Moneys?
Calumon: Streetlight People!

Halceon

Jan 31, 2009
Team Raziel. Because i prefer my vampires insidious, scheming and most importantly - monstrous.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
The Escapist Staff said:
Question of the Day, June 26, 2010

Publicity is ramping up in anticipation of next Wednesday's debut of the next movie in the Twilight saga, Eclipse. It's time to choose your team. So, whose side are you on?

Incredible lulz for making voters chose one or the other. Hilarious.