Question of the Day, November 4, 2010

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Sparrow said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
A little invention made popular by Alexander Graham Bell.
It deeply pains me that Ventrilo is up here, but not maybe... well, I don't know, A TELEPHONE OR SORTS?
I'm pretty sure it's because, if you look at the poll, it's all computer related.

Apart from face to face, but that's for people who don't use computers to contact people.

Ganthrinor

Apr 15, 2009
Ventrilo, Steam, Instant Messengers, E-mail and Ye Olde Telephone for those that are not within driving distance for face time.

Yes, the Telephone is still as effective as ever for keeping in contact with your friends and family. Both Texting and Talking.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
It depends, I really use a mixture of most of the options up there. Some people only have Facebook, others only Twitter, and some have moved away so I can't practically talk to them face to face, so I use MSN. I prefer face to face conversation, though.

Lauren Admire

Rawrchiteuthis
Aug 8, 2008
Telephone was not included as an option because we're trying to mostly keep the poll narrowed to *online* options (barring face to face contact).

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Where was texting, phone and all of the above as options? EDIT: ninja'd, now I know.
I prefer messenger, and face to face of course...

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
I moved recently, so I don't have any proximity to any of my friends, so I talk with them mostly through IRC, steam and MSN.
And then I hop on to my WoW guild's vent now and then, even though I don't really play WoW for other than the weekly raid.
And mostly when I'm on the vent, I'm there to talk with my SC2 buddy rather than anything WoW related.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
For the most part, I IM people on AIM. For older friends (high school and old co-workers) I use facebook. I do meet up with people every so often as well though not nearly as often.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Face to face, since just around none of my friends (me included) own a cell phone. We don't have a Facebook, Twitter, Skype, etc.

I do communicate with one via Steam.

Apr 29, 2010
Well, I normally keep in touch with friends via Facebook, IM, Skype, phone, and good old face to face conversation.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Windows live messenger, or just you know, talk to them.
More like "people I know" rather than "friends" though.