Real Life Superhero Thwarts Robbery, Gains TV Fame

squidbuddy99

Jun 29, 2009
I fully support what this man is doing, and more people should be doing these acts of heroism, but I'm also a little worried for his safety. There are some dangerous people out there who wouldn't take lightly to their cocaine ring being stopped by a costumed superhero. I have full faith that this guy has the best intentions in mind and is sane/skilled enough to follow up on them, but he could get into some serious trouble with the wrong people if he gets too active in his crimefighting.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Psh. Amateurs.
A real superhero wouldn't be caught on the news.
...I'm not Captain Awesome...
At all.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Next thing you know he's going to be finding a new hidden lair >.>

AvsJoe said:
No. No. This is not supposed to happen in real life. This guy is going to get his face kicked in sometime in the next few months.
You know as much as this news is awesome, he's probably going to end up seriously injured or worse. People are going to try and kill him and getting publicity is just the wrong way to go.

That's why we need Yoshi-Batman xD!
Good news but this is going end up ugly.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Yes. I wonder who this..... dashing super hero could be.

I guess the world will never know :)

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
What is the point of being a super hero if you don't have super powers or a super suit and everyone knows who you are and where to find you? One day he's gonna get in a way of some bad people and they'll kill him. You wanna fight crime - join the police force. They'll even give you a real weapon and a vehicle.

I admire his idealism, but I don't approve of his methods. It's not practical.

LightOfDarkness

Mar 18, 2010
Rivers Wells said:
So cool. These guys might be approaching things with a bit too much grandeur, but there's something you have to admire when it comes to someone caring enough about stopping bad guys they commit this far.

And hey, why not dress up in a "cool" costume while you do it. Chicks dig the costume.
The costume also helps hide the bullet/stab proof armor.

Actual

Jun 24, 2008
I hope he gets arrested before someone kills him.

Is it legal to carry a tazer baton thingy? Do you need a specific kind of weapons licence?

DarthInfernus

Sep 16, 2009
ImprovizoR said:
What is the point of being a super hero if you don't have super powers or a super suit and everyone knows who you are and where to find you? One day he's gonna get in a way of some bad people and they'll kill him. You wanna fight crime - join the police force. They'll even give you a real weapon and a vehicle.
Except he's about as well equipped as the police in that respect. The only thing he doesn't have is a gun, which, knowing the Seattle police being COMPLETELY INSANE, is probably a good thing. Batman doesn't have a super suit, just gadgets. He looks pretty built this guy, and can probably fight pretty decently.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Wonderful. An impressionable would-be vigilante who apparently didn't get the message when Kick-Ass nearly got beaten to death.

If this guy ever sticks his nose into a high-profile crime and gets noticed by the kind of people who know how to bring the pain, he's history. Not saying I like it, but that's how the world works - you step on the wrong toes and you end up fumbling your plea for mercy because of the barrel of a .45 sticking in your mouth.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
I must say that is pretty impressive, being an ACTUAL superhero :p

Moonpig123

Dec 24, 2010
I'm usually very sceptical about stuff like this, but... this guy actually seems quite good. A taser night-stick? Bulletproof plates? And that suit isn't as gawdy as some 'real life superhero' costumes. And he really did stop a crime, it's not like he's just wandering the streets then running away as soon as shit gets real.

Come on, how is this not cool? :D

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"Meet Phoenix Jones, Seattle's most famous superhero"
Noooo, all lies! Frasier Crane is Seattle's most famous... eh, never mind ;-)

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
This was a lot cooler than I anticipated. This guy can -actually- do some serious crime-fighting.

Car thefts are a pretty good example of something he could stop. Bullets though? I hope nobody in that area has a gun. I dunno if a Bulletproof vest would suffice.