recast left 4 dead 2

spuddyt

Nov 22, 2008
maybe have more than 4 options? even if only 4 at a time are allowed...
Although anyway, aren't the l4d games supposed to imitate B movies? So having generic casts makes a lot of sense surely?

LilGherkin

Aug 15, 2008
Can't wait to see what happens when the game crosses over with Team Fortress 2, all 9 classes working together to destroy the horde. That note aside my top 4 picks for the new survivors in the next game would be.

1)A B-list movie star
2)A karate teacher.
3)An alcoholic who still manages to drink while traveling with the group.
4)And last but not least a drug junkie who shoots up before each mission to pump him up.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Exictednuke said:
so when i first heard of left 4 dead 2 i was overjoyed, until i noticed the characters, they seem so bland and unoriginal.
... HOW DARE YOU STEAL MY PAST THOUGHT PROCESS OF WHEN I HEARD ABOUT L4D2!!! I'm suing you! Yeah, but anyway, I would be happy with the old characters back... or Bob Barker... wait... even better... the guys from "Whose Line Is It Anyway?"! Guess they would have to find one of the girls that was on there at one point so they don't get people whining about sexism...

dsau

Apr 15, 2009
a pothead who must be smoking through the majority of the game(for hilarious dialogue)
a gansta(for more hilarious dialogue)
a drag queen(video games need one)
a 17 year old high school cheerleader who as yahtzee would say" sleeps with her ass to the wall every night"

L4hlborg

Jul 11, 2009
I didn't like the cast of L4D before I got to play in the group. Give the cast a chance, you will probably start liking them. And IMO, it doesn't sound that bad.

Dr Ampersand

Jun 27, 2009
Bruno, Ali G, Borat and Sacha Baron Cohen.

Oh wait...

How about the 3rd, 7th, 12th, and 19th posters below me.
That or Solid snake Solidus snake, Liquid Snake and Big Boss/Naked snake.

Would Cerberus count as 1 person or 3?

A mime-in-training, a Broadway actor currently dressed as a 1930's gangster with a fake Tommy gun, a blind-by-birth mad scientist with a visor that allows him to see and a devout pacifist preaching vicar would also suffice.

OneBig Man

Jul 23, 2008
This is easily the best combo:

Bruce Campbell

Shaquiel O'neal

And the guys from Shaun of the Dead.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Hell yeah.

I would also want to see Billy Mays, Offer "Vince" Shlomi, George W. Bush, and Barack Hussein Obama.

Maibus

Aug 8, 2009
I'm still waiting for and update to come out that lets me run around as Duke Nukem, Master Chief, Samus from Metroid and... some fourth guy, I guess a red shirt from Star Trek.

SquirrelPants

Dec 22, 2008
Senrab said:
Crazzee said:
Exictednuke said:
so when i first heard of left 4 dead 2 i was overjoyed, until i noticed the characters, they seem so bland and unoriginal.
You realize that these games are based off of cliche horror movie characters, right? The first characters were pretty bland and unoriginal, too.

OT: I want to see small, fluffy animals using amazingly elaborate constructs to fend off the horde.
Plants vs Zombies. Enjoy your new game.
Own it already. Not exactly what I'm looking for, although that game IS great.

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
It seems like in the first left 4 dead, they used evereyday charecters, people you can identify with. In left 4 dead 2, they just tried to go outlandish and wacky.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Im going to use my imagination and actually make characters up.

Id like to see a Heavy Metal Rocker who signs about death and destruction but when faced with it isnt exactly so "tough" anymore.

A banker whos rather plain and uninteresting but is unknowingly addicted to Heroin and loves Prostitutes.

A Prostitute who tries to fend off the desires of the banker and the zombies.

And a Chiense exchange student who knows little English but is addicted to House of the Dead like games and so is a crack shot.

TriggerUnhappy

Mar 4, 2009
Bruce Campbell
Alice Cooper
Samuel L. Jackson
Tyler Durden
Don't ask me why, just the list I thought of.