Relationship virgins.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
TC, that post basically describes me in the way that I describe me. So yes, there are people like you out there...if you'll notice, most of the people who are, are male. Wonder why.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
I'm 15, and I guess...dated a girl for 3 weeks. Wouldn't call it a relationship, more like two friends being extremely awkward around each other because we were each other's first acquaintance of that sort. We only kissed and held hands, but it's definitely made it easier for me to get along with girls now.

Still hate the ***** now though, we're friends and all, but seeing her with her new boyfriend makes me want to smash my head into a wall. I guess it's just one of those things.

Robyrt

Aug 1, 2008
Ossian said:
I'm wondering how many of you out there have never been in a relationship and are adults (18+) Is this considered weird?

I'm 21 and never even held a girl's hand in a romantic way much less kissed or dated one. I've only asked one girl out and she said she couldn't date. I really liked another girl but she has no interest.
Besides that I've had no social fields to find anyone. (I came from being homeschooled)

How many are like me out there?
I feel your pain - it is tough to get out there and have normal relationships coming from the home school / evangelical circle where everything is weirdly charged. Three major tips:

1. Find yourself a new social circle (without dumping the old one). Having multiple points of reference makes you a more interesting person, it expands your dating pool, and generally does great things for you.

2. The first time is always the hardest. Successful relationships produce a positive feedback loop leading to more successful relationships in the future - at least that was true for me. So don't be discouraged!

3. Examine yourself critically. Is there anything about you that would make people afraid to approach you, or be your friend? If so, should you change it or find some way to turn it into a positive?

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
I'm in the same boat. I'm 18, and I'd describe myself as "chronically single", but this isn't due so much to a lack of social skills (well, maybe a bit). It's more because I just haven't really met many girls that I really cared about enough to make the effort to date.
However, now that I'm in college, I've met a few interesting women, and I've become much more socially competent, so I'm not all that worried about my romantic future. In a few months, who knows?

DanielDeFig

Oct 22, 2009
20 years old, never been in a relationship. I have two siblings that started relationships around 16-17, but ive only had a high school crush (ended in tears for both parties before we ever got to talk. I hate high school politics).

I guess i don't actively seek out relationships with girls, and iv'e never seen it as a problem. For both my sibling, my parents, and most ppl i know who are in good relationships ("good" as in lasting emotional relationships, rather than changing boy/girlfriends every week) got into them relatively naturally without having to "seek someone out". It just sort of happens.

Make sure you get to know ppl, men and women alike. After that, if you're interested in some one, make sure tehey eventually know: honesty (it will help throughout the relationship).

I'm not worried, and neither should you be. In a world where a lot of ppl lose their virginity between the ages of 15-19, there is a lot of pressure to follow suit. Ignore it.

DanielDeFig

Oct 22, 2009
gof22 said:
I am 23 and I have never been in a relationship. I have never went on a date before either. The reason I have never been in a relationship is because I don't want to be in one. I don't like children and one reason I stay out of relationships is so I don't become a parent.
it's quite possible to be in a relationship without the risk of getting kids (safe sex and all that), but i suppose the real issue is finding someone else who shares in you lack of interest to not have kids.
Possible though, i heard about a couple that got married and actively decided not to have kids (they got a lot crap for it tho from their friends)

Alluos

Nov 7, 2010
It's all a matter of time, the only thing is that as time goes along the standard for "the right one" just becomes a more and more accepting person.

TheMarkedOne

Aug 11, 2010
I had never kissed someone till I was 19, neither been in a serious relationship.

Wouldn't count a girl cheating on her boyfriend with me for 5 months a relationship, really caused me a lot of pain too. Now almost half a year later, it still leaves it's mark on me.
I really loved her, but she couldn't leave him. It was my first real love, nothing like with another girl before which didn't work out anyway. (And it wasn't me who made the first move btw)
Slightly getting over her, let's hope I'll have some more luck in the future soon.

But yeah, I'm in the same boat as you, don't really feel too well doing all this stuff so late, or haven't even done it yet.
But I hope your first kiss will be one far better than mine to look back upon <_<

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
Soon 18 and no relationships here and good God I feel like a stereotype for admitting it. Also, I would lie if I didn'y say I'm becoming a teeny weeny bit desperate.

Well, the occasional jokes makes the pain go away.

Big-T

Jan 11, 2010
19 years old, and girls is not the problem, relationships are.

honestly dont rush into relationships just cuz u want to, im not even thinking about a serious relationship, just enjoy being single, cuz almost everyone who isnt single, WANTS to be single again.

Ossian

Mar 11, 2010
The new term for School is coming, I'm going to renew my social policies and start talking to women I guess.

jigilojoe

Mar 4, 2009
I'm 16, I've had sex but I've never had a relationship. Alcohol is the best invention ever.

Aurora Firestorm

May 1, 2008
DanielDeFig said:
gof22 said:
I am 23 and I have never been in a relationship. I have never went on a date before either. The reason I have never been in a relationship is because I don't want to be in one. I don't like children and one reason I stay out of relationships is so I don't become a parent.
it's quite possible to be in a relationship without the risk of getting kids (safe sex and all that), but i suppose the real issue is finding someone else who shares in you lack of interest to not have kids.
Possible though, i heard about a couple that got married and actively decided not to have kids (they got a lot crap for it tho from their friends)
Yes. It's completely possible to be in a relationship or married and not ever have children, or plan to. Parents of the current generation usually whine (I hate the idea of having kids, and my parents say I'll never know true love unless I have some, for example), but ignore them.

My boyfriend and I have randomly talked about the kids thing, and we both agree that we will not have kids at the very least in the prime of our lives. Kids are such an expenditure of time, freedom, and resources...and he may just teach kids, because that's really how he likes to interact with them, and there will be no kids.

These people exist! Keep looking. :)

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
If you don't want to be a relationship virgin, get out in the world and meet people. Join a social club, get a job and hang out with work colleges, have a large and diverse social network...just meet lots of people in different ways and hopefully you'll find someone of interest.

Once you've done that, you've got the "oh-so-fun" process of trying to get "into" a relationship, something I've yet to succeed in doing. (I'm 20 years old.) That said, i'm not a relationship virgin, because my ex-girlfriend did all the work for me by ringing me repeatedly until we were in a relationship. Unfortunately, most girls expect you to do the heavy lifting here...some guy's love it, others like me hate it.

Gildan Bladeborn said:
You know, i get jealous of people like you whom are able to walk through life being happy singletons. >.<
My mind puts a metaphorical gun to my head and virtually bullies me into seeking relationships....

BruceyBaby

Feb 17, 2008
I'm 22.

I've had sex with 3 girls, done all except anal.

I've never been in a relationship, even though I've wanted one.

I'm a good looking guy, but I have really bad mood swings, which stops me from having anything long term. Really sucks. Sometimes I feel like I would swap my looks just to have a fucking normal personality.

Jewrean

Jun 27, 2010
Ossian said:
I'm wondering how many of you out there have never been in a relationship and are adults (18+) Is this considered weird?

I'm 21 and never even held a girl's hand in a romantic way much less kissed or dated one. I've only asked one girl out and she said she couldn't date. I really liked another girl but she has no interest.
Besides that I've had no social fields to find anyone. (I came from being homeschooled)

How many are like me out there?
I've just turned 24. I've been in one very short relationship but that's about it. Still looking.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
24 Never really had a g/f.
I've had/have a ton of friends who are females its just I was never really interested in relationships until I was like 18. I've asked a girl out since then, she said she needed to think about it, took her 3 months to say yes but due to life circumstances/changes we never got together and we haven't talked since then.
I dunno, I blame myself, I'm a fairly unattractive borderline (probably fully) fugly.

godfist88

Dec 17, 2010
Julianking93 said:
By social standards, I'm probably classified as having a disorder. I've never so much as been hugged in real life before >>
wait you've never even been hugged? that stinks

OT: as for me i've never been in a relationship, i haven't even worked up the courage to ask anyone out on a single date. it really sucks.