Remember Neopets?

sky_rider19

Mar 16, 2011
I'm still a big part of it. I mainly go on for participating in the Altador cup and plots. I mainly chat with my team mates (Go HW!) and try to lab ray my pets.

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
EcstaticObsessive said:
Now, I'm not sure about the rest of Escapist, but Neopets pretty much introduced me to the internet. It was the first site I visited daily and enjoyed exploring. I think I must have been about nine or ten. Thinking back, I can only remember good things about that site.
My Eldest sister actually brought me to neopets...and it was hella fun back in the day.
EcstaticObsessive said:
I think most of us will agree that nowadays, the site has really gone to the dogs. Mostly because they actually started to try and milk a profit from it. I can understand wanting to make some money for your work, and I guess the dickloads of ads everywhere just weren't doing it. Fair enough. Even though it's fair, it doesn't mean we have to like it.
Agreed.

EcstaticObsessive said:
A while ago they did a massive rollback, deleting any accounts that hadn't been used in the past year. My first account was one of the many deleted, as I lost my password for it ages ago. The site just feels so empty now. Like, you can really feel the lack of people. Or is that just me?
I actually just now went to check to see if my accounts where there.
They're gone in the wind.

I never really had much friends on neopets too.
EcstaticObsessive said:
Anyways, I've still got my latest account. Mainly because I'm OCD about the plushies. If there's one thing I still like, it's being able to collect certain items, and I just adore the plushies. I want them all, as ridiculous as it is.
Hehehehehheheheh.

I actually got myself some of the Neopet Plushies..here lemme actually dig them up and see what I got. *Inb4 Yakkety Saxx through all my belongings*

Green: Lupe and T-rex guy Neopet
Yellow: Lupe, Alicorn, and Spiny back dinosaur Neopet
Blue: Tiger, Lupe, Flotsam, Penguin
Red: Aisha (The one with two antenne out of its head and isn't flopping over)

And I actually a hard plastic Ixi toy that made noise.
EcstaticObsessive said:
So, Escapist, have you still got a Neopets account? Do you use it? Come share your Neopets stories or whatever, I'm interested in how many of my fellow Escapists also have fond Neopets memories.

-Coughandmaybesomeonewantstotradecough-
It was a great little ditty back in the day, and I acutally wanted to play that one 3D game they released about the Lupe and other..something...idr....

EcstaticObsessive

Jun 12, 2011
sky_rider19 said:
I'm still a big part of it. I mainly go on for participating in the Altador cup and plots. I mainly chat with my team mates (Go HW!) and try to lab ray my pets.
Aha, Altador Cup, eh? How's eleventh place? Ah, I jest. I joined the Altador Cup late, and ended up choosing Virtupets because I liked their colour scheme. I played one game, I think, and scored one point.

It was awesome.

mandaforever

Feb 16, 2011
EcstaticObsessive said:
Now, I'm not sure about the rest of Escapist, but Neopets pretty much introduced me to the internet. It was the first site I visited daily and enjoyed exploring. I think I must have been about nine or ten. Thinking back, I can only remember good things about that site.
SAME. I spent all the years of my childhood between age 10 and age 13 obsessively collecting items and playing games and trading on Neopets. On my first account, I managed to get rare paintbrushes for all my pets and I wrote fanfictions about them. (lol)

It does make me kind of sad that older accounts are being deleted, I always liked going back on that site and looking at my pets and remembering how awesome that site was back in the day :(

My old account was adnamatcl (hahahah) its probably long gone.

You are kind of making me want to make a new account, however!!

(then maybe the trading can commence............)

Soraryuu

Aug 16, 2009
EcstaticObsessive said:
Soraryuu said:
My favorite breed was the bug-like one. Can't remember what it was called again. I DO remember it was woefully unpopular, however.
I'm just going to guess, but was it a Buzz? The flying bug one?
I don't think so; it was quadru(?)pedal and had arms, like a centaur.

sky_rider19

Mar 16, 2011
EcstaticObsessive said:
sky_rider19 said:
Aha, Altador Cup, eh? How's eleventh place? Ah, I jest. I joined the Altador Cup late, and ended up choosing Virtupets because I liked their colour scheme. I played one game, I think, and scored one point.

It was awesome.
I rather get to 8th rank and end up at 11th than to play one game and end up in first. Sorry for the snap I get a little touchy about my team. And we were the original champions remember.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
I used to have an account... managed to get a Pirate Eyrie and Ghost Lupe. Then I got banned because of overzealous censors. Still, it was a pretty fun run, and it led to a few long-lasting friendships (I still keep in daily contact with one, and that's been going on for about five years now.)

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
I remember the wheel of monotony... That thing cheated me :(

I also remember my Neopet getting the rarest disease possible (though I don't remember how) and the cure for it cost like 10,000 points or something ridiculous...

laststandman

Jun 27, 2009
Okay here we go.

My friend and I merged accounts after somehow he got the lab ray and I had a ton of points. At that point I said goodbye to my account which housed a jetsam, a koi, a christmas Gelert, and a Tonu. Thus began our dual run at riches on neopets. We would both play games, do dailies, and dick around with the lab ray until we found ones we liked. At the end we had a Darigan Buzz with robot clothes, a halloween mynci, a darigan eyrie, and a robot jetsam. I played the stock market and won even more money off of it while collecting a hefty sum from the bank every day (we had millions of neopoints). Combined, we just kept on earning but had nothing really to do with all of the points. I played the Altador cup a few times but never really loved it, and we tried to do plots a lot. I stopped playing primarily because there were just better seeming things to do at the time, like real video games and drinking and whatnot. Still, neopets will always have a special place in my heart.

LordFisheh

Dec 31, 2008
I had by beloved green Eyrie, good times.

Then I got banned for saying 'fag' on the forums, in the context of a cigarette. I mean really, if they didn't want people saying the word then they should have added it to their huge list of words that stopped your post from being submitted.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
LordFisheh said:

Then I got banned for saying 'fag' on the forums, in the context of a cigarette. I mean really, if they didn't want people saying the word then they should have added it to their huge list of words that stopped your post from being submitted.
Try getting suspended for using the term 'hand drawn'.

MisterM2402

Nov 19, 2009
I've had a few over the years. First one had a green Grarrl called... something haha Miker, I think. It has since been deleted, I assume.

Latest one was when I nostalgically got another account a few years ago (which I stopped and started a lot). Had a Magma Eyrie called MozzyFizzu, I think. Got to 1 million NP then stopped. I assume it's still there :)

Edit: Et volia!
http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=MozzyFizzu

Catie Caraco

Jun 27, 2011
EcstaticObsessive said:
Catie Caraco said:
I almost want to curse the OP for reminding me. As if I didn't have enough modern internet distractions...

I've gotta feed mah pets now.
Aha, sorry about that. Ooh, does this mean your account is still up and running? Can I have a looksie?

Soraryuu said:
My favorite breed was the bug-like one. Can't remember what it was called again. I DO remember it was woefully unpopular, however.
Yeah, it's still up and running. Go ahead and have a peek. ^_^

Stasisesque

Nov 25, 2008
OHMYGODMYACCOUNTISSTILLTHERE

I have my adorable Grey Ixi, and my Faerie Lenny and my Baby Bori, and my spare pet that I used for lab zapping. Eeeeee. Also a lot of Neopoints. Booyeah.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Soraryuu said:
EcstaticObsessive said:
Soraryuu said:
Ah, you mean a Ruki then. I don't know where they get some of the names, but I'm really not complaining.

EcstaticObsessive

Jun 12, 2011
mandaforever said:
It does make me kind of sad that older accounts are being deleted, I always liked going back on that site and looking at my pets and remembering how awesome that site was back in the day :(

My old account was adnamatcl (hahahah) its probably long gone.

You are kind of making me want to make a new account, however!!

(then maybe the trading can commence............)
Oho, you've got me interested... No pressure of course, it is all just for fun after all. I remember seeing SOMEWHERE (cough/b/cough) some girl exchanging nudes of herself for Neopoints. It was awful, it felt like the innocent name of Neopets was being slandered.

sky_rider19 said:
I rather get to 8th rank and end up at 11th than to play one game and end up in first. Sorry for the snap I get a little touchy about my team. And we were the original champions remember.
All goods, and you have a point. I never really got into the Altador Cup, although that may have something to do with me hating sports and whatnot in real life as well....

mandaforever said:
also, Shoryus for the win!

Also Kacheeks :>
I've got a Kacheek now! :D

Davey Woo said:
I remember the wheel of monotony... That thing cheated me :(

I also remember my Neopet getting the rarest disease possible (though I don't remember how) and the cure for it cost like 10,000 points or something ridiculous...
I sat there for ages, waiting for that wheel to finish and then that effing beast pops out... D:

And yeah, most owner of shops price any medicine they sell ridiculously high, because anyone looking for it will have no other choice.

Soraryuu said:
This epic mofo? http://www.neopets.com/petinfo.phtml?type=Ruki&r=765
I never got why the Ruki were unpopular, I really like them :3

EcstaticObsessive

Jun 12, 2011
LordFisheh said:

Hey, a mate of mine got banned for stating his real age. He had lied so he could Neofriend and whatnot, and he mentioned his real age in a thread. Next day; PERMABANNED

Stasisesque said:
OHMYGODMYACCOUNTISSTILLTHERE

I have my adorable Grey Ixi, and my Faerie Lenny and my Baby Bori, and my spare pet that I used for lab zapping. Eeeeee. Also a lot of Neopoints. Booyeah.
You tempt me D:

Big mass invite time. If anyone wants to add me, just look up my username.

...'Cause I use the same username for EVERYTHING.

I'm so unimaginative -Sobs-

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
When ever I found a fire paintbrush and a sketch paintbrush I felt like the luckiest person in the goddamned world.
Oh god the nostalgia, I think I'm going to go get out my decks of pokemon cards and fight myself. I love that feeling of remembering how awesome something was.