Remember Neopets?

Qtoy

Apr 21, 2011
Dude, I remember always wanting a Poogle. Those things were totally beast.
Alas, I was never cool enough to have an overly rare neopet, so all I ever really got was a Wocky, whatever the dragon looking one was, and I think I got a flotsam.
Being six-to-eight years old was amazing because of that site.

And yes, it was my introduction to the internet, too.

EcstaticObsessive

Jun 12, 2011
sevreon said:
...and now you tell me my accounts probably been deleted :(

I haven't used that site in years, but to think all those memories have been deleted makes me sad. That like if someone threw away all my old pokemon cards.

EDIT: OMG its still there yay! Don't remember my password or old email address to send it to though...
awww my one of my pets had the stupidest name. Thats what I get for getting them for the adoption agency
I know, it's actually a pretty low thing to do, deleting all the old accounts. Sure, they may be unused, but that doesn't mean they're going to stay that way. Glad to hear yours is still up and running!

MetalMantheRevenge said:
My account is still open, do I use it? No,save for once every blue moon. And my neopets had the randomest names. I think the computer named them. Though I do miss the old days. Maybe I'll check it out again.
If you think it's worth it. The old games are definitely worth it, for me at least.

Qtoy said:
Alas, I was never cool enough to have an overly rare neopet, so all I ever really got was a Wocky, whatever the dragon looking one was, and I think I got a flotsam.
Being six-to-eight years old was amazing because of that site.

And yes, it was my introduction to the internet, too.
I know, I adored the older users, with their awesome rare powerful Neopets. I was never that cool :'(
So I had my Kau.

Sgt. Dante

Jul 30, 2008
SpikeyGirl said:
I used to have an account donkeys years ago, I've long since forgotten about it all(username and password)
Apparently the original creators went to the same school as me, probably long before I turned up, but still gives me a small sense of pride.
Pretty much this, came up in conversation a few months back but i had absolutely no idea what my username/password may have been for the site.

Did introduce me to the idea of an online community tho, so i'm grateful for that.

Mister Benoit

Sep 19, 2008
I played briefly around when it was released when I was 12. I didn't really like it much. Basically forced to play a bunch of mini games I didn't really care for and all the pets I wanted were locked off.

I imagine the game is currently riddled with micro transactions.

I really don't see the allure in the game. Unless you're absolutely dead broke I can think of tons of games/things i'd rather be doing. If you are broke, you definitely shouldn't be playing neopets lol.

WhatHityou

Nov 14, 2008
Woooow now that was a long time ago, I remember back then. I no longer have an account but it almost makes me wanna make a new one to see whats changed. Though knowing how tv movies and video-games almost never make anything better when combined. It makes me think twice.

I remember that dam tree that gave free stuff. Never got anything from it though lol.

EcstaticObsessive

Jun 12, 2011
WhatHityou said:
Woooow now that was a long time ago, I remember back then. I no longer have an account but it almost makes me wanna make a new one to see whats changed. Though knowing how tv movies and video-games almost never make anything better when combined. It makes me think twice.

I remember that dam tree that gave free stuff. Never got anything from it though lol.
Yeah, some parts are pretty shite now, but what they've kept is as good as ever.

And the Money Tree! :D I remember one time I picked up a bucket of sludge. I was so proud of myself.

Qtoy

Apr 21, 2011
EcstaticObsessive said:
I know, I adored the older users, with their awesome rare powerful Neopets. I was never that cool :'(
So I had my Kau.
What made me really mad was that both of my older sisters who introduced me to the internet and Neopets had Poogles, but didn't want them, so they gave them away. It made me really mad because they succeeded where I failed in two places (Getting Poogles and being emotionally disconnected enough to just toss them aside) and because, seriously, you couldn't have just given them to me? I'm the one who loves Poogles! And I'm pretty sure there was a way to give them to specific people, if not just tell me when they gave them up so I could get them from the Adoption Agency, but no. That would be nice to do for the younger brother. Can't have that can we?

Great, now a wave of sentimental emotion just swept over me.

sevreon

Jan 6, 2011
EcstaticObsessive said:
sevreon said:
...and now you tell me my accounts probably been deleted :(

I haven't used that site in years, but to think all those memories have been deleted makes me sad. That like if someone threw away all my old pokemon cards.

EDIT: OMG its still there yay! Don't remember my password or old email address to send it to though...
awww my one of my pets had the stupidest name. Thats what I get for getting them for the adoption agency
I know, it's actually a pretty low thing to do, deleting all the old accounts. Sure, they may be unused, but that doesn't mean they're going to stay that way. Glad to hear yours is still up and running!
I had about five different accounts teehee. Three of them are still there and I think the other two have been deleted :( And all of my pets were painted so nicely :(
Actually just tried to sign into one of the ones still there, but I cant remember any of my old email addresses to send the passwords too. Damn me and my 100+ email accounts I've accumulated over the years.

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
Wow?! I forgot completely about them! I think I was about 9/10 when I first found the site! I loved some of the games on there, though I still relied on the good old soup fairy.

I think my pet was a dragon thingy, little blue dude. He was so awesome! Damn...I'ma have to go and check this site out again.

EDIT: Just signed up for it again...Got my little awesome Shoyru Dragon back :D

EcstaticObsessive

Jun 12, 2011
Qtoy said:
What made me really mad was that both of my older sisters who introduced me to the internet and Neopets had Poogles, but didn't want them, so they gave them away. It made me really mad because they succeeded where I failed in two places (Getting Poogles and being emotionally disconnected enough to just toss them aside) and because, seriously, you couldn't have just given them to me? I'm the one who loves Poogles! And I'm pretty sure there was a way to give them to specific people, if not just tell me when they gave them up so I could get them from the Adoption Agency, but no. That would be nice to do for the younger brother. Can't have that can we?

Great, now a wave of sentimental emotion just swept over me.
Oh God I'm sorry D:
If it's any consolation, they've added a feature at the pound where you can transfer Neopets over to a specific persons account, if you don't want them, but someone else does. It's rather neat-o. You get people advertising their pets for transit, just so they don't get stuck in the pound.

And just like me, I actually got attached to my pets. Hell, I don't think I could get rid of my current one, and I'm a big girl now D:

sevreon said:
I had about five different accounts teehee. Three of them are still there and I think the other two have been deleted :( And all of my pets were painted so nicely :(
Actually just tried to sign into one of the ones still there, but I cant remember any of my old email addresses to send the passwords too. Damn me and my 100+ email accounts I've accumulated over the years.
I used my mums old ass Microsoft Office Outlook email account, and then she forgot the password for it, and it never got opened again.

TheModWolf

Nov 19, 2009
I went through about 30 different accounts because I'd always forget my details. I remember ahving a jubjub and something badass which the name escapes me. But yeah...neopets, those were the days.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Yeah I played when I was a kid, used to go to after school computer club just to play (as we had no interwebs at home at the time). I don't remember what my pet was, this was pre-facial hair me we're talking about here, but I do remember the very mean lizard at the 'adoption centre' and how I was always guilted into not quitting by him...

sheogoraththemad

Feb 6, 2010
I liked the site, maybe I try to visit it again sometime, I always loved that tournament they got once a year uhhmmm what was it called? anyway it was awesome

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
I remember playin all the games every day to get points to buy battle items for my red dinosaur thing. Meanwhile every1 else i knew was playin fallin furni on habbo.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I was never into Neopets, but I remember it being all the rage when I was younger. Now I pretty much hear nothing about it.

THE_NAMSU

Jan 1, 2011
I remember that!
I especially remember when i bought this rainbow star super attack thingy for battle, which was a piece of crap.
The games weren't bad though tbh.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
You made me look up my first account I made on their.
71 Months.
Dear god. I wish I remembered my password and it didn't make me put in my birthday.

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
I used to spend pretty much all day on there playing the random games, but never really got into the actual pet side of it.