Repost your first Escapist post!

Agow95

Jul 29, 2011
"People will always find someone or something to blame for anything, and it doesn't help that the people who will decide if gaming is "dangerous" are people who probably never played these games, I mean, it's difficult to imagine anyway, someone like David Cameron or an prominent american politician playing Black ops or dead rising 2, but if they did all their actions would suddenly be linked to those games by other politicians and the media and it would be a witch-hunt, and people can make as many reports saying that excess gaming is dangerous, but, anything in EXCESS is bad, that's why it's called an excess. But I wouldn't go as far as to say that this is racist, just an unnessicary attack for irrational reasons."
It was a news thread about some dude saying that blaming violence on video games is apparently racist, and I decided to do a small rant about typical attitudes towards gaming, when I originally wrote it, it was twice the size as it is now, then I realised I was being bloody stupid and cut it down to a slightly stupid size.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
"For me it was Bubsy 3D.

More recently Fallout 3, I didnt think it was half the game oblivion is, it has worse graphics (that could have been more to do with my non HD tv), worse game play (the action points seemed 2 be aimed at people who cant aim), you could only get to level 20 (if memory serves me right) and took about an hour to travel any were new.

Killzone 2 cos I could never tell if I was still shooting the other guy cos the gun sights were so enourmous they were the size of the person at medium ranged, so I was constantly forced into firing a few shots then moving the sights to see if he had fell down."

It seems I was leaving my text speak phase, "seemed 2 be" how utterly vile, what what!?

To give it context (and let people lynch me) it was posted in a "your worse games" thread

AceTrilby

Dec 24, 2008
AceTrilby said:
theflyingpeanut said:
Saints and Soldiers was quite a good World War 2 movie.
The Woodsman was excelent, if depressing

And I know Leon isn't really obscure, but I don't know anyone else who has seen it.
Probably the reason few people have seen Leon is that it's so hard to get a hold of on DVD nowadays. That was (and still is) the case for me.

Mine is Blood Simple, an early Coen Brothers film, which has one of the best soundtracks ever. The main theme is deliciously haunting.
I suppose isn't that obscure, but nobody I know has ever heard of it.
Part of an obscure movies thread. Blood Simple is a damn good film, I really should watch it again...

GoldenRaz

Mar 21, 2009
From a thread asking which was your favorite: the flood, the borg or the replicators? Mind you, when I joined in, it had become a "Who would win in a fight?" kind of discussion.

GoldenRaz said:
I think Replicators would win an all-out war between the three. Flood does not have any weapons that could effectively fight the replicators, and the Borg would simply be slowly "devoured". The Replicators can't be assimilated by the others, seeing a how they aren't biological. They can lie dormant for eons(maybe not, but still) and they have the patience to collect all Flood spores and put them in some sort of stasis field or whatever. Also, noone has mentioned that the Replicators can adapt(I know there's a better word for it but I can't think of it right now) to anything, just like the Borg. A couple of blasts from an energy weapon, and they have rendered that weapon useless. A projectile weapon can be rendered useless by simply devouring some kevlar or whatever. Also, the Replicators aren't stupid, they just don't want to fight people unless they prove to be a serious threat.
Used this post as a starting point for a paper in English class once when I couldn't be arsed to come up with a better subject.
Good times.

Chalacachaca

May 15, 2011
Chalacachaca said:
Silent Hill 2, I've seen a lot of plays, movies (and of course I've played lots of games) but Mary reading her letter at the end, and the scene were Maria is behind bars telling James to join her, are ranked in the best interpretations I've ever seen.
And of course, the atmosphere of the game is something unlike any other I've seen in media.

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
Xaio30 said:
I played Riven alot as a kid, but only now as I got around to play it again I realized that Riven was a sequel to Myst.
I still love those games to death!

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
F said:
Migrating the host usually works, though exploding consoles for people who quit because they're losing seems like a good idea to me.
I still agree with this statement.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
"Dude that guy is so easy, all you need is to be around level 75 and have some dodging skills and then the fight just repeats itself. When i beat him i was sad, kingdom hearts had no more challenges for me"

Fuck. Awful spelling, lack of punctuation, bad grammar...I was such a dick when I joined this site.

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
Drummie666 said:
Tennant. The current doctor looks like he's 19 and I find it hard to take him seriously.
Wow. I actually thought that? Certainly not anymore I don't.
Also, that's a short as hell first post.

JackandTom

Nov 17, 2010
JackandTom said:
I liked Kane and Lynch, and i loved Kane and Lynch 2:Dog Days :D
Back when I was young and stupid....

But in all seriousness I did actually like the Kane and Lynch series, they were fun especially in co-op.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Because of how many times I died (I'm not joking when I say I stopped counting after 144 game overs), the boss of the second level of Ikaruga on Hard. I still can't even get to that boss with more than one life left. When I beat the second level for the first time, I literally jumped out of my chair, and started dancing.
Back when I only visited the Gaming Discussion section, from the thread "Your longest boss fight".

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
This could be interesting! It's time to take a trip to the past...

Shoggoth2588 said:
"Look snake is on the ground for some reason ... probably broke a hip"

Snake: "I finally know what mable ment when she said all senior citizens should have life alert." -or- "Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!"
This was my take on a bit from one of the 5 Metal Gear Solid 4 vids from unskippable. I know this is only a thread about posting your first post but I wanna comment on this one too, my second ever post here on the Escapist:

Shoggoth2588 said:
Finally, we're going to see family friendly comics in which Cyclops and Jean get married, Galactis teaches the values of eating a healthful and well balanced diet and, the Marvel Zombies fall through the mirror into Wonderland
Why have none of these happened yet?!

NastoK

Jun 4, 2011
NastoK said:
Right, well, no great, epic, awesome, fantastic, praiseworthy, boss fight comes to mind, at least at the time being (Will edit if one does), but as for a lame boss fight, I'd have to go with the final fight in Risen, against a titan. I read a review about the game once, and the reviewer had an interesting perspective, that goes something along the lines: "And when they got to the end, it was as if the suddenly remembered the game was being made for Xbox as well, and added a sequence battle." Now, I don't know about Xbox, I don't have one, and I won't pretend like I know a lot about it, but that fight was ridiculous. No matter what you did in the game, nothing of it counts. A mage, an archer, a warrior, whether you were weak or strong, the battle simple throws your character away, and says: You can do it, just jump around and hit him when he's weak. It's as if everything you've done to that point was meaningless.
Aww, I wish it were a more interesting post, but sadly, it is not. The thread was about the most awesome/lamest boss fight.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
In a thread titled "Your most hated game enemy":

TLS14 said:
God damn Tonberries. I hate those motherf**kers.
I actually censored my swears back then. Wow, I've come really far.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
First post was a Terry Prachett quote in a thread titled

Poll: Torture and criminal justice (possibly nsfw)

Ed130 said:
A quote from Terry Pratchett's Thud! sums up my point

"Beating up people in little rooms...he knew where it led. and if you did it for a good reason, you'd do it for a bad one. You couldn't say "we're the good guys" and do bad guy things"