Melancholy_Ocelot

Feb 2, 2009
No more Force Unleashed
No more Dark Forces / Jedi Knights
No more Battlefront !!!!!!!!!!!!
No more Republic Commandos
No more Knights of the Old Republic
No more Lego Star Wars

If anyone needs me I'll be drinking the stuff under my sink.

Dioxide20

Aug 11, 2009
Well that's stupid, they finally have a good videogame series going for them after all these years of crap, and they get rid of it. At this point, Force Unleashed 2 is going to have a crappy, rushed ending because they thought they were going to have another game.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
I could make a logical and well-reasoned post, as well as take into consideration that this is only a rumor, or...

lithiumvocals said:
SomeBoredGuy said:
On the off-chance that second unnamed project is the sequel to Republic Commando, I say we take him down.
GRAB THE PITHCFORKS AND TORCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FOR SEV!!!

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
ShadowKatt said:
Paksenarrion said:
They're going the casual route. Instead of Force Unleashed 3, it's Forceville. You train various padawans for a particular amount of time, then you kill them when they're ripe, earning you force points and midichlorians, which allows you to train more padawans. Also, it's going to be ported only to PC users...

...via Facebook.
I will end you >.> Shut the hell up before they get anymore stupid ideas. Clearly they're listening to them.
Yesss....use your hate to earn Zynga cash...give in to your anger! Look deep inside your Facebook application settings...you know this to be true.

mindlesspuppet

Jun 16, 2004
Seems like people are really overreacting to this. I think gamers just like to get up in arms when the big bad boss comes in and does some restructuring.

For all we know this could be a great thing a few years down the line. LucasArts went from a respectable developer to a company that just milks StarWars for every cent it's worth. Something dramatic had to be done.

As for the not allowing outside studios to develop games using their properties, I see this as a good thing. Sure once in a while there's a great game like KotoR, but really we've just been so over-saturated by StarWars games, it's hard to believe anyone cares about them at this point.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Dr Bob said:
TFUIII?

They're really milking it, if it's true.
Wait, what?
A game gets a third installment and that's milking it?
Like Final Fantasy? Assassin's Creed? Call of Duty? Metal of Honor? God of War? Half Life? Mass Effect (Set to be a trilogy)? Metal Gear? Forza? Gran Turismo? I could keep going here! Jak and Dexter? Killzone? Civilization? I mean seriously. Having a third installment isn't 'milking it'. That's crazy talk. You're crazy.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Someone has come in with a heavy touch, obviously dosnt like something, or, someone previously..

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
So there was a Force Unleashed 3 being worked on before Force Unleashed 2 even came out? How many people wanna bet with me that number 2 will end on some kind of stupid cliffhanger or leave more unanswered questions than a political debate?

For.I.Am.Mad

May 8, 2010
I bet Lucas himself has something to do with this. Didn't Force Unleashed sell, like, 7 million copies over time? Do they hate money?

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
The only good Star Wars games were Star Wars Battlefront, Republic Commando and the lego ones

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Does this article mention a new X-Wing or TIE Fighter game? Battlefront 3? No?

Oh well. Back to sleep then.

matt87_50

Apr 3, 2009
sounds like another great old school dev its on its last legs :(

so sick of the games industry these days...

quick lucasArts! maybe if you make an FPS set in a modern day middle east conflict!!!

just so lame...

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Any talk at all of a third one makes me think less about the second when it's not even out yet.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Shepard said:
I hope Paul Meegan gets fired. Lego Star Wars is awesome.
Let's be honest though, where exactly can they take it now? Go through all the games so you end up with a game mocking games based on a movie that you've mocked previously?

OT: Oh great, another person who assumes "stamping your authority on a job" must equate to "change everything".

Apr 28, 2008
So Lucasarts is going to be handling their games? Yeah, thats such a good idea, since Lucasarts is totally known for making good games these days.

I guess that means Battlefront 3 won't be coming anytime soon...

What an ass.

Shepard's Shadow

Don't be afraid of the dark.
Mar 27, 2009
tomtom94 said:
Shepard said:
Let's be honest though, where exactly can they take it now? Go through all the games so you end up with a game mocking games based on a movie that you've mocked previously?
Why not? The Lego games are fun. Besides they could change things. Make improvements to the Lego games over time.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Shepard said:
tomtom94 said:
Shepard said:
Why not? The Lego games are fun. Besides they could change things. Make improvements to the Lego games over time.
Oh I do love the Lego games, and they'll still be fun, they just won't do Star Wars any more, they'll do the other Harry Potter films, etc.