Rumor: Leaked Concept Art Hints at New Valve IP

Pandurai

Nov 19, 2009
maybe its Prospero...
http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Prospero
hmm.

Edit:
ah, someone had mentioned this already. Well, there's your link anyways.

Kolosus

Apr 22, 2009
SniperMacFox said:
Does anyone else see "Cyberpunk and Steampunk" in these pictures? As personally that's the first thing that struck me when I looked at them. Though to be honest I'm inclined to agree with Kolosus:

Kolosus said:
A concept artist had a weird sci-fi dream. Transferred it onto paper to share the mindfuck with his co-workers/journalists/community.
If you're gonna share something, why not make it something that will haunt people for the rest of the day?
Stuff for dreams!

Ohh well, off to bed and dream of scaringly proportioned women, gene-splicing and spaceships!

Adremmalech

Mar 1, 2009
Alright, theory:
From the art shown, we can assume that it takes place in space, or space ships have a major role some other way. The characters look like humans have been breeding with aliens.

That's all I got.

Sealpower

Jun 7, 2010
Well, the design of the spaceships in the first spaceship picture was sort of Combine-ish...

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
I'm skeptical, but I have to say this: a Valve game about spacefaring pregnant women (pic 9) would be a must-buy for me. :D

ciancon

Waiting patiently.....
Nov 27, 2009
The last character on the last image looks a lot like those fellows at the end of half life 2....

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
Wow. They sure nailed throwing characters into the deep end of the Uncanny Valley. They're interesting designs but... quite a few fall way deep into the Uncanny Valley, why I don't mind creative effort at all, people will have trouble empathising with such characters. But hey, they've made enough money of off TF2 hats that they can afford an oddball project that no one will buy!

CaptainKoala

Elite Member
May 23, 2010
GiantRaven said:
I hope it's a new IP. I'd love a new IP from Valve. Continuing on with making their current series would be a waste of their talents.
Not to sound like an idiot, but... What on earth is an IP?

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
gamerguy473 said:
GiantRaven said:
I hope it's a new IP. I'd love a new IP from Valve. Continuing on with making their current series would be a waste of their talents.
IP = Intellectual Property. It usually refers to individual franchises.

Edit: Ninja'd!

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
The Rockerfly said:
Not a single post of episode 3 yet? Escapist community I am disappointed at you
I just got here, don't hurt me!

OT: Hmm... Well, I wouldn't mind a new IP but I can't say I like that style...

Adremmalech

Mar 1, 2009
It's not Ep3. The last one is the only one that looks even a little like half life because of those peg-leg. Plus their gear looks like NightOwl's arctic gear from Watchmen.

The Reverend

Jan 28, 2008
gamerguy473 said:
GiantRaven said:
Intellectual Property.
Edit: Double ninj'd!
Seems like either someone at Valve is bored, or theyre making some sci-fi thing with some kind of alternate reality (if that is indeed Hitler) with evolved humans (the only non LSD based explantion I can think of that explains the big headed chick) and stuff.
Remember, Valve has teams of people working on different games, so they can afford to hire some new blood and develop other games. Episode 3 will be ready when its ready.
Plus, I'm sure I'll enjoy watching my grandkids play it on release day :p

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Redlin5 said:
The Rockerfly said:
Not a single post of episode 3 yet? Escapist community I am disappointed at you
I just got here, don't hurt me!

OT: Hmm... Well, I wouldn't mind a new IP but I can't say I like that style...
Get to it man, demand episode 3 they might release it unexpectedly in a just "fuck it" style

FungiGamer

Apr 23, 2008
I can tell you this is real, it is from Valve's HQ, I remember seeing it when someone who went to Valve recently for an interview was shown around the office and one of his pictures was of some of this concept art, I can't believe I forgot about it!

He also confirmed that he saw what was made so far of Meet the Medic, it was the best Meet video so far, it is 88-90% complete (I'm guessing rendering or sound?) and that it's "coming soon", which can only be assumed to be in Valve Time or specifically 2 or 3 months

I think he posted all this on the TF2 forums March 23rd

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
I know I've seen these pictures before and I'm pretty sure I saw them here on the forums weeks ago.