Rumor: Leaked Concept Art Hints at New Valve IP

tric565

Feb 17, 2010
looks like concept art for a new alien swarm game to me.
I hope so, there seemed a lot of potential in the concept of that game.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
This could be one hell of a horror game if done right. I'm dying to know what those insane weapons do.

carcinoGeneticist

Mar 22, 2011
lithium.jelly said:
Looks interesting, I hope it is a new IP. Just please don't be another FPS.
is there anything else valve does?

fuck heres another wild guess, maybe, just MAYBE, the game will use the source engine

Lissa-QUON

Jun 22, 2009
Hunh interesting.

Kind of interested to see if these do become a actual game. It'd be something new to look at even if the game blew chunks.

rokema

Oct 25, 2008
Uhm, THEORIE:

Steven spielberg's cancelled game codenamed: EVE

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/04/see-gameplay-target-footage-of-spielbergs-canceled-project-lm/

Mr.Amakir

Jun 2, 2010
Half-Life 3 maybe? Could be Humans in the future or even Combines from the Combine homeworld.

adamtm

Aug 22, 2010
hem dazon 90 said:
20 bucks says it's the culture
you wish

hell

I wish...

but if its the culture they got the ships all wrong. completely uninspired designs ripped from EVE online.

tjdwo09

Mar 8, 2011
Woodsey said:
Definitely not a leak - can't imagine Valve of all people would walk some journalists right by a bunch of concept art for a brand new game whilst they're taking high-res shots with a flash on.
Yeah that makes so much sense.
Also this could just be doodles, not actual concept art.
But if it is, that's some of the most interesting concept art for a video game I've ever seen.

Also, I think it's totally cool for Valve to work on new IPs in before Half Life. They're too creative to work on HL all the time. Take your time, Valve, we know the new HL will be awesome.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Does anyone else think valve is procrastinating on more important things by releasing new ips and steam tf2 stuff? I mean, it's getting slightly ridiculous. The entire gaming world has been waiting for hl2 ep 3 for so long! Hell, even if you don't feel like working on that, hows about dedicating a couple of weeks to patching tf2 360 not so we can have everything on steam, but literally so the game is gorram playable. Of course, this might not be a new ip, but the point still stands.

Also, I have the new found worry that valve may not even release hl2 ep 3 on consoles. That'd be fine if we didn't already have all the other hl2 games, but as it is, that'd be like watching a movie and then being told you have to go to another cinema to watch the finale.

Kolosus

Apr 22, 2009
Ympulse said:
Kolosus said:
EDIT: Now i know what this reminds me of: Jovian Empire in EVE ONLINE [http://www.eveonline.com/races/jove.asp]
A civilization who liked gene-splicing. Ended up as hyperintelligent cancerous freaks of nature.
You mean EVE has a point other than waste a month of real-time just to maybe hopefully have grinded enough macgiffins to level your ship up 0.1%?
How should i know? I only played the 14-day trial. Didn't really catch me.
But i read some stuff about the story, including the story of the different races.
Interesting stuff.