Rumor: New WoW: Cataclysm Playable Races Leaked

hansari

May 31, 2009
Gxas said:
They have said that they will. They just have other projects on their hands at the moment.(Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, WoW: Cataclysm, and that other MMO they're making.)
Pffft....They haven't even registered the domain name!

And you know the focus is away when a radical group of gamers doesn't even try to steal it and hold it ransom... [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.127973]

D.C.

Oct 8, 2008
theultimateend said:
But alas, one thing I may not see till a Warhammer 40k game is made is a universe where its not just Red Vs. Blue. Though for a RVB game it is at least playable :p.
As much as i'd love to see a WH40k MMO game i have extreme doubts, as most game developers that get the Warhammer label tend to Mess it up, only the Original Dawn of War series (Ignoring Solstice) got any good welcoming embraces from the gaming community.

Warhammer seems to be a cursed label when it comes to making games.

But We can dream and that Game we dream of if it ever did turn up in reality might be the game to break my MMORPG chastity.

EDIT: OT wow even more WoW expansions.. who ever indeed did see that coming /sarcasm

Well at Least Blizzard support their fans.

Du Jour Jaricho

Aug 10, 2009
SharPhoe said:
Du Jour Jaricho said:
Harbinger_ said:
Thank god I never got into it. This sounds horrible.
In what way? Which furthers my belief that the Escapist community is completely biased against WoW and MMOs in general.
You wouldn't be too far off, it seems. In my time here, I've noticed that a vast majority of members here - most of whom are avid gamers, otherwise - act the same way towards WoW that someone completely uneducated in gaming would, with unnecessary disdain and sweeping generalizations. Just once, I would like to be able to look into a WoW thread without the first page being filled with "WoW sucks and should die, it's so boring, etc." comments.
Spot on good sir. But probably the weirdest thing about this is the fact that I hold up the WoW forums as the best forum I've ever been on...

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
Heh, maybe this will finally convince me to play WoW. I'd love to play as a werewolf Worgen.

"And so, HoD's ambitions of becoming a successful game producer were dashed by the timesink that was...WoW."

D.C.

Oct 8, 2008
SharPhoe said:
Du Jour Jaricho said:
Harbinger_ said:
Thank god I never got into it. This sounds horrible.
In what way? Which furthers my belief that the Escapist community is completely biased against WoW and MMOs in general.
You wouldn't be too far off, it seems. In my time here, I've noticed that a vast majority of members here - most of whom are avid gamers, otherwise - act the same way towards WoW that someone completely uneducated in gaming would, with unnecessary disdain and sweeping generalizations. Just once, I would like to be able to look into a WoW thread without the first page being filled with "WoW sucks and should die, it's so boring, etc." comments.
Well WoW isnt the only game to get Flames from this community.. Dont even mention Halo(3).
The majority of this forum's members eeem to be PC-gaming Valve fans and as long as you dont dangle any flame bait are very nice considerate people.. But this is the internet, and were ever the internet is there will be flaming and prejudice.

Jsnoopy

Nov 20, 2008
*sigh* another freaking WoW expansion, but Diablo 3 won't even come out until the later half of 2010, if even that!

megatron2.0

Feb 18, 2009
AmrasCalmacil said:
It is my hope that no Dalaran wizard seeks out the Worgen, even if done in light conscious. For no pact may be struck, no secrets may be learned, no good can come from these beasts. They are best left to their world. For if found in ours and not destroyed, our peril will be dire...
I'm going to go bludgeon someone now, and if that doesn't work I'm going to take a CLOWN HOSTAGE.

hehe i see what you did there

macatombe

Mar 8, 2009
They should have leaked something useful like say.... a new hero class?
P.S Why does everyone hate worgens again?

TehWarsmith

May 11, 2009
Really, Blizzard? Really?

You're gonna do it again?

It took me years to get over what you did to the night elves. But I suppose it was inevitable. After all, you were making a fantasy MMO. You needed some curves to toss out there. That's okay. Elves are supposed to be hot.

Then you brought in the draenei, retconned some old, established lore without tying up the loose ends it created to bring in some idiotic space goats who could not possibly be the same species, so that you could claim that some of the biggest badasses of Frozen Throne were the damaged ones.

And now you're going to do this to the Worgen? Seriously? The fucking Worgen? The terrors of Silverpine Forest, the monsters from the Realm of Shadows, the wolf-headed demons that the wizards of Dalaran desperately warned us to never make contact with? The creatures summoned by the Scythe of Elune that haunt the shadows of Duskwood?

Seriously?

Seriously?

You know, I was okay. You made great and wondrous strides in Wrath of the Lich King. You wrote some great stuff, you brought back alot of great old antagonists, hell - you almost broke the persistent world barrier between MMOs and a progressive story with your use of phasing. You killed Anub'Arak like a *****, and I was mad about that, but I find out now that you're bringing him back the way he should be. Wrath was everything I wanted from a Warcraft MMO. For a moment, I dared to hope, "Wow. Maybe Burning Crusade was a mistake. Maybe they've learned."

But no. The Worgen - the fucking WORGEN, are joining the ALLIANCE?! The Alliance? The same Alliance that includes the Night Elves, who hunt down and destroy all creatures of darkness, and the humans, who have recently welcomed the return of a xenophobic nutcase who still believes they're living in the Second War as their KING! And he's okay with this?! No. No he's not. The only way anything good can come out of this is if Varian Wrynn dies to make it happen.

Good job, Blizzard.

Cortheya

Elite Member
Jan 10, 2009
Du Jour Jaricho said:

Well hi there! I'm a Tauren! I've been a playable Horde race since WoW was released in 2004! And obliviously you will noticed I'm completely covered in fur! Just like the Worgens...

Well hi there! I'm a Gnome! I'm an alliance race that has been playable since WoW released in 2004! You may notice that I'm technological and short! Just like the goblins...
Personally I might even switch to horde JUST for the goblins, I like them a lot more than

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
Rumor: New WoW: Cataclysm Playable Races Leaked

Evidence is piling up that Blizzard's mysterious Cataclysm is the next expansion for World of Warcraft and that it will include, apparently, two new playable races.

In early July, it was reported that PC titan Blizzard had filed a mysterious trademark for something called heavy metal MMOG starring Ozzy Osbourne [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/92838-Blizzard-Trademarks-Trio-of-Cataclysms] aside, the pieces seem to be falling into place, and it's looking more and more likely that Cataclysm will be the next expansion pack to the MMOG scene's proverbial 800-lb gorilla, World of Warcraft.

Later in July, some enterprising dataminers found some very interesting information in the latest patch files - brand-new Halloween masks [http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=79546.0] for not just male and female Goblins, but also male and female Worgen (for those of you not familiar with Warcraft lore, Worgen are essentially werewolves). Incidentally, this would be the first-ever appearance of female Worgen in the four-and-a-half-years since WoW went live.

Now, WoW.com [http://www.wow.com/2009/08/10/cataclysm-races-leaked/] reports that "multiple sources close to the situation" have confirmed the two new playable races. The Goblins of Undermine will be throwing that pesky neutrality to the wind (well, some of them, anyway) and signing up with the Horde, while the feral Worgen will join the Alliance.

The latter of which isn't quite as strange as it seems - it's long been hinted that the populace of the isolated city-state of Gilneas has been afflicted with the Worgen curse, and these details would fit in nicely with an official tease [http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=16137074461&pageNo=1&sid=1#4] that Gilneas' Greymane Wall would be opening up sooner than we think: "The consequences could be disastrous! We'd be absolutely out of our minds to ever do such a thing......"

Again, this is all just rumor and speculation, but it's looking increasingly likely that Blizzard will have something up their sleeve next weekend at BlizzCon '09 - and we'll be right there to report on it!

And, the predictable whining about Alliance getting furries starts in 5... 4... 3...

I was just looking at this saw the pic thought of more furries in wow then thought im glad iv never played thinking they would make a lovely addition to the community.

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
NekoiHiokans said:
*sigh* Do really need more WoW??? And why in the hell is the Alliance getting furries, can Blizzard not see that furries are not wanted?
theyre not furries, theyre bloodthirsty werewolves, furries are cute and fuzzy, the Worgen are scragelly things that are willing to bite your face off.

in other news, i think they might add actual archers or some DPS leather class or 2. although i did want them to add Templar

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
NekoiHiokans said:
And why in the hell is the Alliance getting furries, can Blizzard not see that furries are not wanted?
Reported for hate speech.

Blizzard needs to slow down all these expansions and actually let people GET INTO the game.

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
Damn, can I swapsies my Goblin for a Horde Worgen?

Seriously Blizz, you're screwing the whole Horde = Rawr Alliance = Whimper thing up since the Blood Elves.

Also Cataclysm sounds like Maelstrom but the races don't fit with that, I'm very confused.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
DON'T add any new races or classes and just plain bring us new content and new storylines in the next expansion. What about that Blizzard!?

mshcherbatskaya

Feb 1, 2008
Geez, I think people just need to write a script or macro or maybe program some sort of 'bot that crawls the forum and responds to keywords like "WoW" and "fur" with "OMG I HATE THEM THEY SHOULD DIE!!!11!" because that's about how much thought they actually put into their responses. Yes, yes, we know you hate WoW, we know you hate the people who play it, you hate the corporation that makes it, and you hate the higher powers that govern the universe for allowing it to exist. We know this. This is not a contribution to the thread, this is a reflexive regurgitation of the bile you would have to vent elsewhere if you hadn't settled on so convenient and easy a target as WoW. Same goes for the furs. We know you hate them, you don't need to remind us. I'm sure you could find some other way to display your innate superiority over millions of other people if you could be bothered to try. And we wish you would try, because the WoW-hate is old, tired, and boring.

Would I would play either of the new races? That depends on the most important feature of any race - whether it has a cool dance. I have a male undead alt that I rolled just for the head-banging, air-guitaring, metal thrash dance he does.

Du Jour Jaricho

Aug 10, 2009
Cortheya said:
Du Jour Jaricho said:

Well hi there! I'm a Tauren! I've been a playable Horde race since WoW was released in 2004! And obliviously you will noticed I'm completely covered in fur! Just like the Worgens...
- big gnome image-
Well hi there! I'm a Gnome! I'm an alliance race that has been playable since WoW released in 2004! You may notice that I'm technological and short! Just like the goblins...
Personally I might even switch to horde JUST for the goblins, I like them a lot more than
I don't really see that much hate on the goblins, in fact I actually welcome them into the game as a playable race. I've always liked the Goblins even though I'm all for The Alliance. Also that's a rather large gnome picture, it took me by surprise seeing it in my message in box...